This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (434 posts) -

Yo Duders

I listen to Christian death metal also known as life metal and ive found some prett incredible bands thought you might like to chek em out

August burns red

Demon hunter

Project 86

Red

#2 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Haha.....what?

#3 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2009 posts) -

Wh..huh?

When did metalcore with Christian themes become "life metal"?. That's like saying death metal with Nordic themes is "Viking metal" or some shit (I feel like I should put a /sarcasm here for some people).

Yo, quit trying to make metal more obnoxious for us. Genre distinctions are already bad.

#4 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I would rather listen to SiD Metal, thanks

#5 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@CaLe said:
Is that the same as drinking non-alcoholic beer?
/thread
#6 Edited by MentalDisruption (1635 posts) -

You might want to listen to more death metal if you think Red is death metal. Demon hunter is the only band you listed that's close to what I'd christian death metal. Haven't heard Project 86 though, so can't say for that one.

#7 Posted by Barbed_Haywire (29 posts) -

I prefer math metal, like Meshuggah or Dillinger Escape Plan :D

#8 Posted by TheJohn (553 posts) -

Christian death metal makes about as much sense as a nazi reggae band

#9 Edited by Elazul (1327 posts) -

We like to keep our Metal dark and satanic in here, thank you very much.

#10 Posted by TooWalrus (13200 posts) -

Diablo hate squad

#11 Posted by ShockD (2401 posts) -

An oxymoron.

#12 Posted by dudeglove (7854 posts) -

@SirOptimusPrime said:

That's like saying death metal with Nordic themes is "Viking metal" or some shit (I feel like I should put a /sarcasm here for some people).

Nah, they're not into metal.

[ /sarcasm]

#13 Posted by Conformunist (105 posts) -

Black Metal and Christian Black Metal are both just obnoxious guitars coupled with even more obnoxious vocals and both are lyrically based on childish fantasy worlds.

There. That's my once a year trolling quota filled.

#14 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

YEEEAAH BROO PRAISE THE LORD WITH THESE HOT DEATH RIFFS

#15 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

I like to think that music is more interesting where the lines blur. If you insist on calling it metal to begin with, don't get so specific as to call it life metal please.

#16 Edited by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Christians kill people too, guys!

#17 Edited by thornie_delete (436 posts) -

As an atheist (also an awesome band) I don't believe in God or Satan, but I do love me some Metal. The only Christian Metal band that I ever listen to is Extol.

Oh and how can I forget Tourniquet...

#18 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

Link some of their songs O_o

I hate metal for the most part though so that won't do me any good.

#19 Posted by supermike6 (3564 posts) -

If you had told me this about a week ago, I may have given them a chance, but as it happens SNSD released their latest album a couple days ago and I have already dedicated my entire life to listening to that non-stop.

Sorry.

#20 Posted by Akeldama (4247 posts) -

Yall postin in a troll thread.

#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I love rocking Faith+1 
Best band ever hallelujah praise jesus 

#22 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Does it make a band special if you put a word "christian" in front of it?

#23 Posted by Zolfe (262 posts) -

@imsh_pl said:

Does it make a band special if you put a word "christian" in front of it?

yes, but the "special" kind of special

#24 Posted by Jolt92 (1551 posts) -

I'll recommend a viking metal band. Demonaz - March of the Norse, you should listen to it.

#25 Posted by nerdsbeware (223 posts) -

Alestorm is hilarious if you fancy pirate metal.

#26 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i knew about red, you should check out skillet, and flyleaf. pretty crazy songs by them.

#27 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1210 posts) -

I like some music by bands that have a Christian message but I find it easy enough to ignore

#28 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

Hahaha Christian metal

#29 Posted by MetalMoog (908 posts) -

When I listen to Metal the last thing I want to hear is some idiot preaching for the whole album. Here's looking at you Glen Benton!

#30 Posted by MetalMoog (908 posts) -

Also why do some metal heads find it necessary to put their favorite bands in a box and categorize them with ridiculous sub-genre names like "math metal"? For me it's simply metal or it isn't.

#31 Posted by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

@MetalMoog said:

Also why do some metal heads find it necessary to put their favorite bands in a box and categorize them with ridiculous sub-genre names like "math metal"? For me it's simply metal or it isn't.

Yeah, the only distinction I ever feel the need to make would be old school metal vs new school, they have pretty significant differences. Iron Maiden has a very different flavor from Mastodon. I think the key difference is that people started to go to guitar schools and learn a more technical style, rather than just being self-taught and building off the last 50 years of rock and blues.

#32 Posted by big_jon (5728 posts) -

LOLOLOLOLOl lets listen so sum Cr33d guys!!!!!

#33 Posted by Arkasai (701 posts) -

@big_jon: I was looking for an excuse to post this.

#34 Posted by nerdsbeware (223 posts) -

@MetalMoog said:

It's stupid how many genre's and sub-genre's metal has been broken down into. That chart from A Headbanger's Journey is ridiculous. Sometimes it feels as stupid as like "well this one style uses two bass kicks, while this other one uses one tapped really fast so we had to split them out."

#35 Posted by EchoEcho (827 posts) -

This thread makes my head hurt. I happen to listen to a fair amount of Christian metal, and really don't see why some people feel the need to make comments such as "lolol christian metal is an oxymoron!" Granted, the OP's post is really stupid and kind of inviting people to make fun of it.

First off, none of the bands he listed are death metal. Red isn't metal of any kind, and Project 86 is questionable, especially their later stuff. ABR and Demon Hunter are both "metalcore", which means they have as much (if not more) in common with hardcore as they do with metal (I'd probably lump Project 86 into this group as well).

Secondly, I've never heard anyone use the term "life metal." Ever. Like, ever ever.

#36 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

@Axxol: They do NOT kill! They simply dish out the wrath of God.

#37 Edited by ThePencil (390 posts) -

Eh, life metal, christian metal, it matters not: When Mr.Lordi comes a'knocking, ye had best be a'rocking.

(As an aside, I listen to everything from death metal to folk metal to techno to rap to frelling lady gaga. The best tastes in music will always be yer own, not anyone elses)

#38 Posted by Fattony12000 (7416 posts) -

Embers breaks?

#39 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (434 posts) -

@Akeldama said:

Yall postin in a troll thread.

no dude.. not at all