• 157 results
#1 Posted by JayDee (439 posts) -

and its amazing.  thank you based god. significant moment in history folks.
#2 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -
#3 Posted by Xeiphyer (5595 posts) -

I've never heard of this person.

#4 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@JayDee: Shit man, I was into this shit years ago. It's so old now man.

Also, I've never heard of this.
#5 Posted by EuanDewar (4758 posts) -

Having heard of this person specifically because Mega64 constantly make fun of him, I don't have high hopes.

#6 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5380 posts) -

More context. Too lazy to Google. Requires moving hand to mouse. Help me.

#7 Edited by dieguy (108 posts) -
@Xeiphyer@Vito_Raliffe:  
Here's some videos, "enlighten" yourself  

#8 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

Don't care enough to ask, and the pic just doesn't do anything for me.

#9 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Significant moment in history, huh? Like in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure when they change the world through their most excellent music?

Wow, I'm honored to have been here for this occasion.

#10 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

What the fuck is that?

#11 Posted by JayDee (439 posts) -

wow, are you guys seriously unaware of one of the biggest things on the internet?

#12 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@dieguy said:

@Xeiphyer: @Vito_Raliffe:
Here's some videos, enlighten yourself

I generally wouldn't talk down on someone else's tastes, but in this case I'll make an exception. That's gotta be some of the stupidest shit I've ever heard.

#13 Edited by Loose (419 posts) -

If the songs @dieguy posted (embedded, whatever) are any indication of the quality of this guy's latest record, I think it's pretty safe to say that we aren't looking at this decade's Illmatic

#14 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

So he's Wesley Willis minus charm?

#15 Posted by JayDee (439 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac:  yeah lil b is one of the most complex artists ever. and i know you're gonna laugh after just hearing wonton soup, but its as honestly as i can say true.

here's the opener.

#16 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@JayDee said:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac: yeah lil b is one of the most complex artists ever. and i know you're gonna laugh after just hearing wonton soup, but its as honestly as i can say true.

here's the opener.

#17 Posted by JayDee (439 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac: see how i expected that. but yea, i would reccommend you find out for yourself but you probably don't care.
#18 Posted by Loose (419 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

@JayDee said:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac: yeah lil b is one of the most complex artists ever. and i know you're gonna laugh after just hearing wonton soup, but its as honestly as i can say true.

here's the opener.

Haha, nice. As a person who really likes rap music, this kind of stuff makes me sad. Honestly it reminded me of any number of rap parodies from the Boondocks.
#19 Posted by JayDee (439 posts) -

i understand most of you don't get the based god and probably never will especially his music. but i think you should focus more on the history. a rap artist just released an album called "im gay" a few hours ago. this is huge.

#20 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@JayDee: Huge!
#21 Posted by MatPaget (1113 posts) -
@JayDee said:
a rap artist just released an album called "im gay" a few hours ago. this is huge.
There's been homosexual rappers before. 
#22 Posted by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -

i will czech it out. i like lil b

#23 Posted by Loose (419 posts) -
@JayDee said:
i understand most of you don't get the based god and probably never will especially his music. but i think you should focus more on the history. a rap artist just released an album called "im gay" a few hours ago. this is huge.
Somehow I doubt that this is the case. I mean, good for him for him for having a controversial title I guess, but that kind of stuff doesn't matter if the music isn't good. Naming an album Fear of a Black Planet in 1990 was a pretty controversial thing to do, but no one would've gave a fuck (or continued to give a fuck today) if the music wasn't astounding.
#24 Posted by hoossy (932 posts) -

I've heard him before... and I'm not a fan.  

#25 Edited by Rudeboy217 (1766 posts) -

Album is so dope. There is a fucking Spirited Away sample in one of the songs.

#26 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Wow, talk about shit music. Utter and complete fucking garbage.

#27 Posted by JayDee (439 posts) -
@rudeboy217: so many amazing samples. i think this is better than 6 kiss.
#28 Edited by JayDee (439 posts) -
@Loose: that's the thing though. plenty of people didn't get that album, just like plenty of people won't get this album. subjectivity, lol its funny.
#29 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -

Seriously though, Lil B is a troll of a rapper... And I fucking love it. The guy comes out with some of the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard and it's hilarious. A lot of people are quick to jump the gun with "this guy is horrible. He has no talent." But it takes a pretty huge dedication to flip present day hip-hop on its head and make fun of it. He's the best parody out there right now and he's a genius. With a title "I'm Gay" you should be keeping your minds open to the Based God. Also, swag.

#30 Posted by JayDee (439 posts) -
@Fr0Br0: lol, do you also think that 9/11 was a hoax? he does something different so he must be a troll. haha
#31 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

In the future there is only LIL B.

#32 Edited by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

I love how the cover needs to clarify that the artist is not homosexual -- just happy.

#33 Edited by proggykins (144 posts) -

I guess... He's not talking about bitches sucking his dick in this one.

#34 Posted by slantedwindows (272 posts) -

he's right... this is gay

#35 Posted by CrimsonNoir (399 posts) -

haven't gays suffered enough.

#36 Posted by pakx (922 posts) -
@Fr0Br0 said:
  But it takes a pretty huge dedication to flip present day hip-hop on its head and make fun of it. 
No it doesn't, and this guy isn't the first or best to do it. Black Star did it, Reggie Watts did it, K-Os did it, The Fugees did it, the list goes on and on and on.  as a rapper, Lil B isn't skilled, as a writer, he isn't very good, whether or not he's being serious. even if this is taken as something that parodies hip hop and tries to make a statement about black culture in refference to say, homophobia, slavery, the destructive nature of the entertainment industry, or the materialistic, misogynistic nature of hip hop, it's not even very good on that level. Mos Def did it better,  Nas did it better, The Roots did it better, Shad and K-Os out of Canada do it better, and these days Saigon is doing it better.  this is either really bad rap, or just lazy, forgettable rap.
#37 Posted by Vinny_Says (5686 posts) -

To me, a rapper is defined by his rapping skills, this guy has none. 

He may have great "beats" or crazy lyrics or weird "messages" in his music, but if he can't rap he's not worth my time, no matter what he decides to call his album.

#38 Posted by JayDee (439 posts) -
@pakx: he's trying to do something different, he's trying to be unique. its not like he's sitting in the studio listening to mos def and then failing horribly. he doesn't want to be anybody else.
#39 Edited by UnrealDP (1221 posts) -

@Loose:

You could not be more dead on with that summation, this song isn't even on the level of the KFC bone sucking good song!

#40 Posted by pakx (922 posts) -
@JayDee said:
@pakx: he's trying to do something different, he's trying to be unique. its not like he's sitting in the studio listening to mos def and then failing horribly. he doesn't want to be anybody else.
i wasn't accusing him of ripping people off, i'm saying for all his attempting to be unique, he really really isn't, and what's even worse than being nothing new, is being nothing new, and not being very good, technically.
#41 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -
@JayDee said:

I don't think you understand.  Lil B is satirizing (not sure if that is how you spell it) rap music. 

Also everyone should watch the Youtube video of him showing his PS2 collection, it's awesome. 
#42 Edited by JayDee (439 posts) -
@pakx: yeah, i understand that. his method of rapping is about as unique as it comes thats what i was referring to. he doesn't flow most of the time, off beat etc etc. 
 and there is no "technical" aspect to music.

@PeasantAbuse:  he makes a lot of comedic songs and lots of ridiculous swag anthems such as wonton soup lol i understand that i'm a fan of his music. he isn't satirizing rap, i get it tho you heard wonton soup on youtube and go to 4chan a lot. :) and the ps2 collection video is fucking amazing i agree.
#43 Posted by Bigrhyno (505 posts) -

I thought this was going to be a thread about your little brother coming out of the closet.

#44 Posted by Jonathan (654 posts) -

GRACIAS BASED DIOS!

#45 Posted by JJOR64 (18909 posts) -

Read this thread and thought Little Bill.

#46 Posted by N7 (3573 posts) -

@JayDee: Wait a minute. Was that album cover painted by J.J. Walker?

#47 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -
@JJOR64
I wish this thread was about Little Bill.
#48 Posted by UnrealDP (1221 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse:

Same here, he's probably a better rapper too....

#49 Posted by Tebbit (4449 posts) -

Did I hear the lines "bitches suck my dick because I look like J. K. Rowling"?

Sweet lord.

#50 Edited by pakx (922 posts) -

The resemblance is striking.