Linkyshinks's Friday

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Hi all, hope your all well and enjoying your summer so far. It's been pretty nice weather wise in London of late, it's been warm, and very sunny. Do any of you have any plans to get away somewhere nice this summer?, perhaps with the familyor on your own with friends or lovers?. I ask because I have to go to Turkey next month for some health treatments. It will be the first time I have been. My back's playing up after I injured it a while ago getting out of bed. it's been pretty annoying given the heat were having right now. I haven't been very active and don't think I will be for a while. Which is why I need to get my back ironed out by some fat hairy middle aged Turkish man. I am of course dreading the prospect, but one's health is all important and overriding. My girlfriend is naturally loving this all, it's her chance to nurture and laugh a lot as a hobble around like a old man in need of a walking stick.

On the big issue of today, briefly. Yeah, everyone's most likely hit their fill level, I know I have, but for for the record, I was a fan back in the day, so I am sad about what's happened. I had actually bought tickets to the o2 Arena gig and was really looking forward to taking my girlfriend. And making my peace,  I am referring to me shunning his music after the scandals and issues. Back then, things just got way too weird for me, and for someone the reviles pedophilia it was enough of a shock to the system to say, **** this and move on. I will be contacted in due course regarding any possible refund. I don't  really care about the money though, I just think it's terrible shame that I never got the chance to see him live at least once [ . ] 

Went shopping today, to sort of cheer myself up a little. My collection has just received a great addition in the form of a Japanese Dreamcast Joystick.

Dreamcast ASCII Stick FT - Special Capcom Version

It's heavy and it features a nice slant leading to the panel. The hands feel great on it, the base of your palms curve perfectly on the slant and it also features mild vibration, which on a Dreamcast is very rare on Joysticks. I like the blue and yellow Capcom colours.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Loaded up SNK 2 and SF3 earlier, and it felt awesome.

Ran out of Rum last night, while taking it all in, bought some moar today ^ ^

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
I saw 4 player single cart on the cover and ended up buying it. I'm also a big fan of the series and this game has evaded me for too long. This should be awesome on 4 GB Micro's. I happen to have both 2 and 4 player link cables that I bought on import from Hong Kong 2 years back. I have never played a 4 player game on the machine so far, so that should be pretty cool. I actually prefer to play GBA games on my Micro's, games feel great and look awesome on the smaller screen, which has the same number of pixels, yet is smaller. It's almost like a HDGBA of sorts. I love playing  Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper, I know it's missing buttons but I still love it despite. I like playing 2 player battles on trains, I've had some epic battle on the London Underground, lol.

Great game, great handheld...    Needed another copy:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I've been playing a few games on DS lately, Soul Bubbles (-relaxing ****) and TWEWY, and these cool games.

No Caption Provided
PunchOut!! is a blast and all that you would expect, Little King Story on the other hand is easily one of the best games I have played all year, and that's saying something. It has it's flaws, like any other game, but it's genius and charm are far more apparent to me.

Mi back needs fixing, in the meantime I'm taking it easy, and taking the bottle out into the garden in a mo.. I might play some SF3 out there later. Sat in my lounger sharing a bottle bottle of rum with joystick hooked up. That's taking it easy ;)

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your summer,

Linky

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By halberdierv2

wow, a GB micro, those are quite rare.

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By nvmfst

Is the matusalem any good?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Einherjan said:
" Is the matusalem any good? "
If you like Butterscotch and Vanilla, and Rum. Very good.
nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By nvmfst
@Linkyshinks: Hmm, sounds... intriguing. Expensive?
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Einherjan said:
" @Linkyshinks: Hmm, sounds... intriguing. Expensive? "

A little, although it might be cheaper where you live.

Get the Gran Reserva, the normal Matusalem Rum is too harsh for most Western tastes, that's because it's meant primarily for locals. This stuff though is a very smooth, and has a Butterscotch and Vanilla after taste. It's a blend made for the export market only.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Pie

Ohhhh man. I never get hayfeaver this bad in the summer!

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kmdrkul

Try to make the best out of your trip to Turkey.  From constantly  watching the Travel Channel it seems very beautiful.

Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Gump

DREAMCAST CRAZY HARDWARE: FUCKING RULE THE HOUZE!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Gump said:
" DREAMCAST CRAZY HARDWARE: FUCKING RULE THE HOUZE! "
+1
I was going to buy a Samba Box Set today also, but it was missing the mat. Everything else was fine though. Still, you need the mat with the monkey feet.

Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Gump
@Linkyshinks: Samba de Amigo was really awesome back then, oh nostalgia.

I demand a new Dreamcast!
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Claude

Sorry to hear about your back. That really sucks. I hope it doesn't hamper your ability to play Tiger Woods 10 for the Wii... if you're still buying it.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Claude said:
" Sorry to hear about your back. That really sucks. I hope it doesn't hamper your ability to play Tiger Woods 10 for the Wii... if you're still buying it. "
I will be getting the game for sure, but I may be in no rush to play it for any considerable length of time, I think it might be a little too much right now. I'm wearing a lower back brace these days :D. We will get the odd round in so fear not :)
Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's just so sad. Although, I would care about getting the money back.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By Tireyo
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By maxszy

Wow! Awesome Joystiq! Nice Bottle of Rum!

As for Turkey, I would be pretty excited! Well, maybe not going in the position that you are. That's not exactly ideal for a trip and/or vacation. But going to Turkey sounds like a great time. Hopefully you will get some time to enjoy Turkey as your back improves there!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Linkyshinks

That joystick is really fantastic, it's got me playing a load of fighters recently.

Yea, well it will be the first time I have been, and there are some very cool places I would love to go. Turkey has a lot of interesting history throughout the ages. I find ll the Ottoman stuff is fascinating. The architecture is awesome at times also..  As a route into teh East it has a lot of complex history I imagine.

This is now a mosque, but it used to be a Christian church ;). It was built by Constantine, the roman christian emperor. Very Star Wars...

No Caption Provided