#1 Posted by NoSuchSol (19 posts) -

And my teens were spent listening to Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, and STP! I guess my sisters listened to O.M.D. enough to get me into this stuff... the cure, Limahl(it's horrendous), Big Country.... lol.

It's great questing music - you won't be pissed off when you can't find something when some effeminate man is yelling in your ear about Tesla Girls! 

now and then they'll watch tv... now and then they'll speak to me.... 

I'm old... =\

#2 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

The 80's had this. It shouldn't make you feel old, it should make you feel awesome.
#3 Posted by JoeyRavn (4946 posts) -

I love 80's music. It can be extremely cheese, but I find it much, much better than today's extremely cheesy. Scandal's The Warrior, El DeBarge's Who's Johnny, Genesis' Invisible Touch and John Parr's St. Elmo's Fire are among my favorites :P

#4 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

I'm 18 so obviously the 80s wasn't my generation, but oh man, do I love me some 80s music. I swear more then half of the songs on my HDD are 80s music. 

#5 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -
@NoSuchSol said:
"And my teens were spent listening to Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, and STP!"
Fucking awesome bands! I've listened to both STP and Nirvana in the last 15 minutes, actually.
#6 Posted by Sin4profit (2903 posts) -
#7 Edited by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

The 80's produced some of the best music out there. I love me some 80's post-punk, as well as all the classic rock bands like The Smiths or The Replacements.

#8 Edited by NoSuchSol (19 posts) -

#9 Edited by iKANNIBAL (601 posts) -

Probably one of my fav bands from the 80's 

Social Distortion > Greenday 

#10 Posted by Zoidberg (175 posts) -

The Smiths.

Really all that needs to be said regarding 80s music.

#11 Edited by Psykhophear (939 posts) -

80s and 90s music rock. You can't deny the magical strength it has. Today's music sucks.  

#12 Posted by TepidShark (1058 posts) -

The fact that an album released in 2000 is celebrating it's 10th anniversary makes me feel old. I was born in 87 by the way.

#13 Posted by BURNTHEPRIEST (16 posts) -

I listen to 80's & 90's music and get transported back into a childhood full of win...

#14 Posted by ptc (615 posts) -

Listen to The Replacement for some good 80's rock.  Alex Chilton anyone?
#15 Posted by Yummylee (21208 posts) -
@JoeyRavn said:
" I love 80's music. "
#16 Edited by SSully (4118 posts) -

#17 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6151 posts) -

SLAYER.

#18 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
#19 Posted by Steve_Ramirez (1257 posts) -

You want 80's? Here's my favorite tune! 

#20 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -
#21 Posted by EliasT (671 posts) -
@Lemon said:
" You want 80's? Here's my favorite tune!  "
Hey Lemon!
#22 Posted by NoSuchSol (19 posts) -

The Cure were my favourite band from the 80's - still are. They could get a little goofy but I feel that they definitely transcended the generation. Unfortunately, there new stuff hasn't been great. =*(