Live community keeping it classy

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MeierTheRed

So i don´t know how many of you listened or do listen to CAGcast, but on the latest one Wombat talked about being featured on Xbox.com´s gamer spotlight. 

After he was featured, he got a bunch of random messages from people he didn't know, and some of them, well most of them where from stupid people with no brains to speak off. 

He reads some of them on the podcast, and it was funny at first. But listening to some of the voice messages he got from these retards, really made me sick. 

I cut out the segment, its around 10 minutes long, and you can download it here and have a listen.  

Let me know what thoughts where in your head, when the voice messages are played.

StarwindX9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By StarwindX9

I didn't listen to it... but the typical retarded online community on xbox live, (steam and psn are also very much guilty of this) is why I have a very hard time enjoying online games. Everyone is either moaning about the score, saying you are a cheater, or shouting obsenities as loud as possible. I can't remember the last time I have played a game online with a group of randoms and enjoyed the match. If I don't have a single person on my friends list in game with me, I usually mute absolutely everyone or if that isn't possible, just take off my headset. To be honest... I highly prefer bots to actual players, atleast bots are quiet.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

If I was god for a day I would go on Xbox Live and make it so when I muted someone they could no longer speak. Forever.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac
@sidescroller said:
" There's always going to people like this, but he did say the majority were nice.  This is the rep Xbox Live gets, but I've generally had a good experience with meeting people on Xbox, mainly because I don't play a lot of FPS.
Same, though I've actually met some really kickass people from Gears of War's online multiplayer. Sure, there were douchebags, but there's definitely cool people out there.
SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By SonicFire

I did hear this in the CAGcast, and it really saddened me. It's because Xbox live is populated by so many vitriolic mouth breathers that hardcore gamers will maintain negative stereotypes. 

On my end, if not for party chat, my buddies and I would have probably stopped playing online awhile ago.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MeierTheRed
@SonicFire said:
" I did hear this in the CAGcast, and it really saddened me. It's because Xbox live is populated by so many vitriolic mouth breathers that hardcore gamers will maintain negative stereotypes.  On my end, if not for party chat, my buddies and I would have probably stopped playing online awhile ago. "
Party chat is indeed a good thing. I remember when i first got my 360, the online experience was really good, and i rarely stumbled into stupid morons. But these days if i just play online by my self, it seems i cant go one online match without someone calling another gamer a fag or any other stupid name.

Its so sad that people feel the need to spew so much shit out, and for what gain?