Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#101  Edited By gingertastic_10

24hrs. I don't see the point of staying up for days on end, unless it's important. If it's playing video games for 3 days straight, that's pretty pointless.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#102  Edited By Hailinel

Between 24-36 hours.

Actually, the summer after my freshman year of college, I stayed on campus to take an intensive summer language course and barely got any sleep at all because I had the dorm neighbors from hell that treated summer quarter as 24/7 party central. Not even the RAs could get them to stop. Though I could get at least a little sleep each night, by the middle of the summer, the lack of sleep was affecting me to the point that I started getting really loopy. Like, contemplating ways I could murder everyone in the room next door and get away with it. It wasn't until after going an entire night without sleep about six weeks in and being at the end of my rope that, after a distressed call to my parents, my Dad called the Resident Director, who finally laid down the law and told them to STFU or get kicked out of the dorm.

Of course, I still had to deal with the stress of classes and homework that would take me most of the day to complete in addition to the summer heat in the dorm. By the time it was over and my mom came to pick me up at the end of the summer, the first thing she noticed was how gray I looked. I was so exhausted that I seriously had no color in my face. But I finally managed to get some decent sleep, and once I was rested up, I could finally see how stupid that whole murder plot idea was. It's amazing how the most idiotic ideas can seem perfectly sane and rational when you're operating on the bare minimum of sleep for weeks on end.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By VisariLoyalist

only 1 night completely. Gone through periods where i only slept 1 or 2 hours for weeks though.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#104  Edited By KillyDarko

4 days, about 10 years ago-- I don't even remember the last day. But yeah, I have a serious case of chronic insomnia : /
I'm much better these days, though... worst I've been in the past couple of years was 2 days.

Jumanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By Jumanji

Just over 4 days... definitely hallucinating by day three. Whenever my eyes stopped moving the entire scene would explode in writhing cartoon characters that were constantly transforming... Also I was genuinely psychotic, I remember doing all kinds of stuff over which I had no conscious control and only peripheral awareness... But going into day four I kind of snapped back into focus and was fully lucid.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By natetodamax

Only around 23 hours. Last April I pulled an all nighter for the first time, and while it was fun not going to sleep until the sun came back up I do indeed love sleeping more than being tired.

velucyraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By velucyraptor

~70 hours, a few times. Definitely see things at the edges of my vision by that point.

BUCK3TM4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By BUCK3TM4N

a little over 24 hrs maby 26

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#109  Edited By HydraHam

When i was younger 13-16 i would stay up 2-3 days at a time but now? now i can't even stay up 24 hours, i have to have sleep or i just cannot function at all, i tried pulling an all nighter a few weeks back with redbull and felt like utter shit around 4am and fell asleep.

Yeah, caffeine/sugar doesn't really do anything for me, i can literally chug a 16oz redbull and goto sleep 30 minutes later.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By BaneFireLord

Maybe 34 or so. That was when I was seven and staying at a hotel in Moab on a road trip and some sort of Jeep convention was happening right outside our window and I didn't sleep a damn wink and then spent the next day hiking. I never willingly stay up past about 16, though. I like my zzzs too much. Speaking of which, good night, Internet.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

A little over 20 hours, then I took a two hour nap and I was up for another 20 or so.  It was a Grad-Night thing and then an event directly after the Grad Night thing.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#112  Edited By wrighteous86

@matthias2437 said:

49 hours. Worst fucking 49 hours of my life. Will never do that shit again.

Just did this yesterday. Two double-shifts at work, two nights in a row, and I've got an hour drive to and from work. The little time I had between shifts I needed to get something done. Near the end, I was literally falling asleep standing up, and only waking when my legs started to give out and I was about to fall to the floor. I also blacked out a few times and didn't realize how much time had passed... Scary shit.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By jasta

A few weeks ago, woke up Friday morning, didn't sleep till midday Monday. Flat party after flat party after flat party...

airconditionn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By airconditionn

@Video_Game_King said:

Almost a year. Man, that was one crazy year. I almost blew up the Earth and everything.

WHY THE FUCK WAS THAT SO FUCKING FUNNY.

airconditionn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By airconditionn

@Jaize said:

I'm an insomniac, my brain often fails to cycle through to delta wave sleep. It sucks. Which is why I'm British and posting at 5:30am.

There was once a time when I went 7 and a half days without sleeping, I really tried but I just couldn't. On the 5th day I started vomiting and seeing flashing lights, by the 7th day I was having full out auditory and visual hallucinations. By the 8th day I was taken to hospital where they gave me happy drugs that made me all sleepsie.

72 hours without sleep is a long time, obviously not normal for you.

You don't know how lucky you are.

Folks I think we have a winner...

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#116  Edited By Bouke

Back in the day me and my friends would organize LAN parties and we stayed up and played games for hours (after we went to school/work). Longest time awake for me was about 45 hours. Good times!

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#117  Edited By ahoodedfigure

I'm not sure how long it was, maybe more than two full days, but I got permanent health problems as a result. 

So, sleep deprivation is a form of physical damage as far as I'm concerned.

I used to be able to stay up way late as a kid. Not anymore. Be careful, everybody!

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#118  Edited By Brackynews

@Styl3s said:

When i was younger 13-16 i would stay up 2-3 days at a time but now? now i can't even stay up 24 hours, i have to have sleep or i just cannot function at all, i tried pulling an all nighter a few weeks back with redbull and felt like utter shit around 4am and fell asleep.

Yeah, caffeine/sugar doesn't really do anything for me, i can literally chug a 16oz redbull and goto sleep 30 minutes later.

Same. These days my version of insomnia is just being a night owl. Tried to do all nighter essays and cramming and it just doesn't work anymore. I can stay awake for 20-25 hours if I have to get up early for something at 8am, and then the next day I don't so my brain doesn't stop running until 6am, but eventually my body wants to lie down and everything shuts off for 5-9 hours.

During travel too, I can sleep on a plane but not great. Going to Japan is about 24 hours start to finish, with 15 hours of jetlag baked in.

I know I won't be able to do 24 hours for my Extra Life marathon, so two 12 hour runs will make for a much better weekend.

PatchRowcester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By PatchRowcester

About 25 hours for me.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By MideonNViscera

I got up one morning, had a normal day, drank all night, never went to sleep, did it again, and went to bed my normal time the next day. Probably be about 60 hours.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#121  Edited By Bigheart711

About 1 day and 5 hours.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Still_I_Cry

I don't remember ever having to go through a full day without sleep.

adz117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By adz117

I went for about 28 -ish hours at Reading Festival and I felt like shit, so I'm not doing that again

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By zero_

36 hours. Had to program a Tron game on Android mobile platforms with GPS-based moving at Uni... was pretty crazy, will never do it agian.

gregoryc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By gregoryc

The longest I've gone without sleep is somewhere around 36 hours. I'm not a sleep dependent person (usually about 6 - 7 hours a night) but without some rest I get extremely tired after the 24-hour-no-sleep threshold.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#126  Edited By weegieanawrench

About 36 hours. Being on an overnight work schedule, partying the night after, and then working the day after is a bad idea. Especially when working with animals, you have to be on your toes to avoid being bitten.

Trejik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Trejik

Two days and maybe an hour or two more. So around 50 hours. This summer actually. Best/Worst party week ever. Wake up early, go partying that night, after-party at a friends, go home, eat, go out again, hang with friends, party that night, and after-party at another friends.

Also, there was this car accident, and then this chick got mugged, but my friend got hit at the party and this thing happened...things start to blur together. Awesome though. Well worth it. Would do it again. And this was a tuesday and a wednesday. Got to love summer.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#128  Edited By Kyreo

Something around 32 hours.  

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Fizzy

24 hours, I don't remember falling asleep. All of a sudden I was energized and ready to go!

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ImpendingFoil

30 some hours. For some reason when Metroid Prime was released I got super addicted and played through the game in one sitting. Once I completed it, I kind of just looked around and went on with that day as I normally would. I was so wide awake though that I had to drink some Nyquil to force myself to sleep.

I did get up from Metroid to eat and use the toilet though, I didn't just sit there for 20 some hours straight.

warchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By warchief

3 days: This was while working at my first .com way back in the day. On the way home I was pulled over by a state trooper. When I asked what was wrong he basically asked why I was going 40 in a 65. He was cool about it and drove ahead of me to my exit.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By emem

Déjà vu.

koshka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By koshka

A bit over 72 hours, all while working out for over 50 hours

boot camp

you so crazy

Avatar image for just_an_other_muffin
Just_an_other_muffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have made many valiant attempt to stay up for 24 hours for school, games, etc. All have failed horribly.

largo6661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By largo6661

48 hours. I flew back from new york the same day oblivion came out, what was i supposed to do......not play it? lol

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By 49th

I never skip sleep. It's dumb and also sleeping is awesome.

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Fizzy

@49th said:

Every hour you sleep away is an hour closer to death. Not so awesome now is it!

I'm just kidding, not really though, because it is.

airconditionn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By airconditionn

And to actually answer the question, probably close to 72 hours. I didn't eat a lot during that period either, so I nearly passed out standing up a few times, and by the end I was literally seeing snowflakes falling and swirling around that weren't there. I legitimately went on a walk and asked people on campus if they could see the snow, and they all assured me that it wasn't snowing... That was just a bad semester for me. Glad it's over though, haha.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Brunchies

About 20 hours about three to four times in my life, one was an all nighter, one was a lock in that i passed out near the end, the other two were just not being able to sleep.

SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By SpartyOn

@Fizzy said:

@49th said:

Every hour you sleep away is an hour closer to death. Not so awesome now is it!

I'm just kidding, not really though, because it is.

So then every hour you don't sleep you're 2 hours closer to death....right?

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Ben_H

48 hours. I once lost track of time playing Persona 3. I thought it was midnight but then I noticed the sun rising so I just stayed up and told my parents I woke up early. I frequently stay up more than 24 hours now though because if I can't fall asleep until 3 or 4AM it throws off my sleep pattern so much that I would rather just be tired for the next day than be exhausted feeling for a week trying to fix it (That's me right now. Couldn't fall asleep early on Saturday, still feeling it on Wednesday). The added bonus is I'm way more productive at night. I can focus way more, I absorb more when I study because there isn't any real time constraint, and I don't get nearly as distracted. I'm probably going to stay up all tomorrow night to do an essay that's due next week because I will procrastinate otherwise. Next week I probably will be up Thursday night because I have a lecture Thursday at 10AM, a lab 2:30-5:30, then a midterm 7:00PM-9:00PM, all for the same class. Then I have 2 midterms and the previously mentioned essay the next day. Fun fun.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#142  Edited By Karl_Boss

4 minutes.