Looking for Old School RPGs...

snowpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By snowpin

Not sure if this is where I should post this but here it goes...

I went out and bought a bunch of old RPG's I used to play on the SNES and I was wondering if anyone knew any others maybe similar that would interest me. I've played all these to hell and back and I'm in need of new ones.

Secret of Evermore

Secret of Mana

Final Fantasy II

Final Fantasy III

Chrono Trigger

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars

Breath of Fire

Breath of FIre II

Super Castlevania IV

Earthbound

Lufia & the Fortress of Doom

Lufia II - Rise of the Sinistrals

Zelda - Link to the Past

I also have a Genesis, N64 and NES never really played those consoles growing up so I'm not sure about what RPG's are out there for them. I have a few on the NES but the others nope.

If the games can be more Action like Secret of Mana/Evermore that would be awesome.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By dagas

The Phantasy Star games on Genesis/Mega Drive are pretty good. I got the Sega Mega Drive Collection which is on PS2, 360 and I'm sure other consoles as well. It has all the Phantasy Star games if buying the original cartridges is too expensive.

snowpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By snowpin

@dagas: Hmm, I think I saw that on the PSN. I'll have to give it a look. I like buying the original carts. I've paid too much for Earthbound to stop buying cartridges now. :P I'll give them a go, Thanks. :)

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Gargantuan

Get some real old school RPGs like Fallout 1 and 2, Planescape: Torment, Arcanum, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Temple of Elemental Evil

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DeF

Soul Blazer

Illusion of Gaia (US) / Illusion of Time (EU)

Terranigma

Robotrek (not the best game but has interesting stuff, I haven't played it myself but I've been interested for years)

Shadowrun

(all SNES)

N64 has basically no RPGs ..there is one (Quest 64 [US]/Holy Magic Century [EU]) but that's pure trash. Other than that there is only Paper Mario and Ogre Battle 64 (there was also one on the SNES) that fall roughly in that category and are at least competent games.

snowpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By snowpin

@Gargantuan: I don't like the Fallout series, I've played Icewind Dale and Temple of Elemental Evil out the ass. Looking for more console ones anyways. Trying to re-build my collection.

Force0401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Force0401

Eye of the Beholder for the SNES

sanchopanza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By sanchopanza

@dagas said:

The Phantasy Star games on Genesis/Mega Drive are pretty good. I got the Sega Mega Drive Collection which is on PS2, 360 and I'm sure other consoles as well. It has all the Phantasy Star games if buying the original cartridges is too expensive.

Expensive indeed. I'll add the Shining Force games on Mega Drive (Gen), which are great and you can get them on steam for almost nothing along with Landstalker (more action oriented) I think they are in the Genesis Collection pack 3 (maybe 4)

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By tebbit

Take ye and play Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX, they are both phenomenal. Unless you've played them already.

EDIT: Assuming that you're not talking about Playstation games, try hunting down Seiken Densetsu 3, which is basically Secret of Mana 2.

YapaPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By YapaPanda

I always liked Crystalis on the NES. Don't know how easy it is to find now a days.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By BoG

I recommend that you get a GBA, and buy FFV and FFIV. On SNES, get Ogre Battle, that's a great game. I also think you'd really enjoy Actraiser. On Genesis, you should find the Shining Force games.

megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By megalowho