Lose connection to live stream chat every ~minute

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

This doesnt only happen on giantbomb but every single live streaming website with chat. Every minute or so i lose connection only to be welcomed to chat again 20 seconds later and on it goes.

Is it a problem with my firewall? The video streams fine and my internets doesnt go out, only the chat is affected

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah I get the same thing. Been that way since the last site update.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegoldencat7: I don't think it's the site's fault because it happens on other streaming websites eg cytube

unrelated: since the site update sometimes the giantbomb main page stalls my whole computer for 10~ seconds untill it loads and makes a weird "beep" noise, you get that?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By rorie

@thegoldencat7: @itbestefyo: The pop-out chat is pretty wonky on our site in this way, and today's DOTA chat disconnected me a couple of times, but for the most part it's been pretty solid recently. I can't speak to what could be causing you to disconnect from every other chat system, though. That's weird.

Regarding the homepage freeze, what browser are you using? Chrome? If so, the next time it happens, can you open an incognito window and load the homepage again in there?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand this use of the tilde key and I'm seeing it more and more as of late. What does it mean?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By rorie

@greggd: It's usually shorthand for "approximately."

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GreggD

@rorie said:

@greggd: It's usually shorthand for "approximately."

I knew that, but it doesn't make sense in the title structure. It would make sense if it were ~every minute, but yeah. As for me seeing it more often, it's usually after a sentence, and mostly by women. So yeah, I guess this is not the same thing.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I'm pretty sure our problems with the chat are unrelated cause my disconnects happen constantly, you could set a clock to it.

Yeah I'm using chrome, what would loading the page in incognito do though? The page does load successfully after the 10 second freeze.