Love and Video Games

Succugeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Succugeek

I broke up with my boyfriend on Saturday. After four years of only seeing him for two weeks out of any given year, I just couldn't take it anymore. Since we weren't living together, there's nothing to separate and return between us.

Nothing but our video games, anyway.

He used to have an Xbox 360 until it broke and I've got two, one for my bedroom and one for the living room, so he could only play when he was here. But he's paid for some of those games and I've bought others as gifts to him. So what do I do with the ones that are "his?" He doesn't have a system to play them on and they've been in my possession since purchase. I guess legally, that would make them mine, but I don't know if I could feel comfortable hanging onto the collector's edition of New Vegas I bought him or the copy of Dead Rising 2 he bought for himself last year. These are games that I, most likely, will never play anyway, so I might as well ship them to him.

And what about DLC and XBLA games? Even though we made those purchases together, they're still tied to his account. Sure, I could access them until he got a new Xbox and transferred licenses, but what then? All the Borderlands DLC will be gone and I'll have to purchase it again just to play the save I have. Same with with my daughter's save of Beautiful Katamari. He had bought some of the extra stages and now I'll have to foot that bill if she ever wants to play it again.

The whole thing is frustrating as hell. I think the next time I get into a relationship with someone, we'll have to have a contract that states exactly what will happen to the video games in the case of a break up.

Succugeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Succugeek

I broke up with my boyfriend on Saturday. After four years of only seeing him for two weeks out of any given year, I just couldn't take it anymore. Since we weren't living together, there's nothing to separate and return between us.

Nothing but our video games, anyway.

He used to have an Xbox 360 until it broke and I've got two, one for my bedroom and one for the living room, so he could only play when he was here. But he's paid for some of those games and I've bought others as gifts to him. So what do I do with the ones that are "his?" He doesn't have a system to play them on and they've been in my possession since purchase. I guess legally, that would make them mine, but I don't know if I could feel comfortable hanging onto the collector's edition of New Vegas I bought him or the copy of Dead Rising 2 he bought for himself last year. These are games that I, most likely, will never play anyway, so I might as well ship them to him.

And what about DLC and XBLA games? Even though we made those purchases together, they're still tied to his account. Sure, I could access them until he got a new Xbox and transferred licenses, but what then? All the Borderlands DLC will be gone and I'll have to purchase it again just to play the save I have. Same with with my daughter's save of Beautiful Katamari. He had bought some of the extra stages and now I'll have to foot that bill if she ever wants to play it again.

The whole thing is frustrating as hell. I think the next time I get into a relationship with someone, we'll have to have a contract that states exactly what will happen to the video games in the case of a break up.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Give him the games that he bought. I guess you could keep the games that you bought for him, but I think you should probably give those to him as well. I've got no idea about the DLC, though.

Succugeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Succugeek

@FluxWaveZ: Yeah, that's probably the way that's most fair.

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Fizzy

That was resolved quickly lol.

CRAzYKiLL3R93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By CRAzYKiLL3R93

@FluxWaveZ said:

Give him the games that he bought. I guess you could keep the games that you bought for him, but I think you should probably give those to him as well. I've got no idea about the DLC, though.

That's the best option. Maybe just try and forget about the dlc and move on? It's unfortunate but I don't know how else you're going to get around it, it's the problem with dlc

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bribo

Keep everything and sell what you don't want. If he makes any trouble, have him wacked.

Michaelblack18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Michaelblack18

well since you purchased the dlc partailly in your form i say keep them i mean what is he going to do with them? you have borderlands and the save for it with all of the stuff on it and same with the katamari levels but if you want to give him the games like dead rising and fallout ask him first if he wants them simpley if not sell them.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Do a barrel roll.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Example1013

Buy a PS3.

Succugeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Succugeek

@Example1013: lol I have one. Everyone on it is mine because he's so anti-Sony.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Winternet

Pro tip: don't get in a relationship where you only see your loved duder/dudette for 2 weeks a year.

Succugeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Succugeek

@Winternet: I will also make sure they buy their own video games. From now on, I'm going to be one stingy bitch.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Bribo said:

Keep everything and sell what you don't want. If he makes any trouble, have him wacked.

This man has the right answer!

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Winternet

@Succugeek: I don't know. I'm not sure videogame-fans are into stingy bitches. I think.