Posted by Jan (153 posts) -

I thought I'd have a go at modeling Luigi. Oh, and the Poltergust 3000, too. =) Here's the result:

Cheers!

#1 Posted by Jan (153 posts) -

I thought I'd have a go at modeling Luigi. Oh, and the Poltergust 3000, too. =) Here's the result:

Cheers!

#2 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

His pants having so much detail in the texture seems off compared to the rest of the model, but otherwise good.

#3 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Who wheres a green jumper under dungarees?

#4 Edited by Jrinswand (1709 posts) -
@mandude said:

Who wheres a green jumper under dungarees?

Who wears dungarees?
 
Who says "dungarees?" Errbody knows they're called "overalls."
 
Edit: And yeah, it looks a little weird with so much texture work on the overalls and nowhere else. But still, that's a hell of a lot better than I could do. Good job!
#5 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

@mandude said:

Who wheres a green jumper under dungarees?

Who wears dungarees?

Who says "dungarees?" Errbody knows they're called "overalls." Edit: And yeah, it looks a little weird with so much texture work on the overalls and nowhere else. But still, that's a hell of a lot better than I could do. Good job!

You call them overalls when they look halfway respectful. Silly clothes get silly names.

#6 Posted by Jrinswand (1709 posts) -
@mandude said:

@Jrinswand said:

@mandude said:

Who wheres a green jumper under dungarees?

Who wears dungarees?

Who says "dungarees?" Errbody knows they're called "overalls." Edit: And yeah, it looks a little weird with so much texture work on the overalls and nowhere else. But still, that's a hell of a lot better than I could do. Good job!

You call them overalls when they look halfway respectful. Silly clothes get silly names.

That's as good a reason as any, I suppose. Your line of reasoning is shockingly articulate.
#7 Posted by Sweep (8859 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

His pants having so much detail in the texture seems off compared to the rest of the model, but otherwise good.

Pretty much this. You either use lambert for everything or nothing at all, as the contrast will just destroy whatever texture consistency you are trying to achieve.

Model looks great, though. You should post some topology wireframes, so we can see how economic your modelling technique is.

Moderator
#8 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

His pants does have a lot of details. Nice work though.

#9 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

Looking good- does it bother anyone else that as the Mario Bros. clothing get more and more detailed, those brown shoes still look super fake and doofy?

#10 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

I'm kind of agreeing with everyone else on the whole overalls thing; it'd be better to have every bit of the character's outfit to be ultra-detailed or for it all to be relatively simple.

Still, good work :)