mad max beyond thunderdome and fallout 3

GiantRetard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GiantRetard

alrighty i am an aussie so some of u probably will not know mad max because it is an australian film
but i just watched it the other day and i saw a really lot of similaritys between it and fallout 3
1.bartertown looks exactley like megaton out of fallout 3
2. there is town where there are only children like in fallout 3
3. the people from bartertown look exactley like raiders
so on so on
i could make a preety big list
but i was thinking did the fallout develpers just watch this movie or is it just a coincedence that there are so many similaritys?

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

It's been like this since the original Fallout as an homage to the Mad Max films. Another example is the leather jacket in the first Fallout looks just like Mad Max's. Or the sawed off shotgun. I mean just compare these two photos.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

There have always been all sorts of cultural references in the Fallout series.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

You know, I've never even seen much the Mad Max movies, not more than a few minutes here and there. However, they've always interested me and I really should watch them as soon as possible. I actually think that's what sold me on Fallout 3. With all the previews and everything, I was totally skeptical about the game, and I didn't like the idea of the post-apocalyptic setting. Then I played it... and man, it made me think of Mad Max, especially with all the leather-clad raiders and everything. From then on, I was sold on the game. Even from the little I've seen of Mad Max, it clearly was a big influence in the setting of this game. I think that much is undeniable. Actually, I've been playing on trying to model my character after Mel Gibson and playing as Mad Max in my second playthrough.

GiantRetard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GiantRetard

i mean u even get dogmeat who is like maxs dog in the second movie there are so many similarities that it really cant be a coincedence

SikhCuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SikhCuz

yeah lol
also in fallout 3 and in mad maxy teh reaon evereything is pwnt is coz if nuklear war xD

GiantRetard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GiantRetard

really i didnt know that???? u fucktard

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
SikhCuz said:
"yeah lolalso in fallout 3 and in mad maxy teh reaon evereything is pwnt is coz if nuklear war xD"
Ifink yur pwnt cuz yur wetarted 

anyways in fallout 3 you can even find a person called the lone wanderer who has a dog, leather armour and uses a sawn-off shotgun....
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero
ZombieHunter said:
anyways in fallout 3 you can even find a person called the lone wanderer who has a dog, leather armour and uses a sawn-off shotgun...."
Really? That is awesome!
GiantRetard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GiantRetard

where do u find this mad max impersonator