Avatar image for deactivated-6082f30752bdc
deactivated-6082f30752bdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Please go see Mad Max this weekend! I really don't want this to be another Dredd, John Wick, or Edge of Tomorrow. I have heard nothing but positive reviews. If you haven't seen anything for this watch this trailer.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What difference does it make to you whether I see a movie or not?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@kevin_cogneto: Sequels.

I'll see it, don't worry. Just like I saw the other movies you listed.

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like all those movies you mentioned. /:

I probably won't be seeing this one for a few weeks. I've heard a lot of great things but I'm just not familiar with Mad Max at all.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

John Wick has a sequel planned. Wasn't a huge success but big enough to warrant a follow-up so...

I have a press screening for it tomorrow and I need to write a review for friday. I hope it's good!

Slang_N_Bang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Slang_N_Bang

I can't wait to see it, I've heard nothing but incredible praise.(Plus I love the series in general)

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just so I understand, are we really in a world where a movie, regardless of its quality, is completely valueless unless it spawns a sequel? Even if that movie is already itself a sequel?

So long pop culture, you've finally left me behind.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeikzai:I wouldn't worry about familiarity. I haven't seen it, but from everything I've heard, having seen the previous films won't affect your experience at all, since this one is entirely standalone and detached from the others.

@kevin_cogneto:I'd take it more as a statement that this type of movie has an audience. Big budget, R rated action/horror/sci-fi is pretty hard to come by since film companies are scared about the risk of reducing their audience. So it's less about wanting sequels, and more about wanting hollywood to expand the types of movies that get made.

Anyway, I'm seeing it day one for sure since this has been my most anticipated movie in a long time. The one thing I'm worried about is that I haven't heard anything about the quality of the 3D, so I'm hoping I can catch a 2D screening somewhere.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like all those movies you mentioned. /:

I think his point was that nobody saw those movies.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Just so I understand, are we really in a world where a movie, regardless of its quality, is completely valueless unless it spawns a sequel? Even if that movie is already itself a sequel?

So long pop culture, you've finally left me behind.

I'd like to think that seeing new and original movies like John Wick and Edge of Tomorrow would get movie studios more interested in more new and original movies, rather than sequels and remakes.

But that's wishful thinking. People liked John Wick? OK! Let's make another one of those until they stop making a profit!

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I took a look since the trailers seemed cool and HOOOLY FUCK this movie is sitting at a 98% consensus on Rotten Tomatoes. Heck yeah I'm seeing this.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@watchmen877: Moved to Off Topic. Please try to keep all threads in their relevant forums. Thanks.