Mainstream Hip Hop sends clear message, beating women is ok!

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hexpane

As long as you're rich!  Or if the girl is ugly?  Luckily for this asshat chris brown, most women who get abused stay in the abusive relationship for many years.  This has been true throughout history, sadly I don't know if it will ever change.
Rihanna, Brown reunite at Diddy's Miami home

Updated 17h 28m ago | Comments414 | Recommend34E-mail | Save | Print | Reprints & Permissions |
By Evan Agostini, AP
Together again: Rihanna and Chris Brown are staying at Sean "Diddy" Combs' home in South Florida, according to People, Us Weekly and TMZ.com.
Chris Brown and Rihanna were in Miami Beach over the weekend, nearly three weeks after Brown was booked and released in Los Angeles on a felony charge of suspicion of making a criminal threat to a woman.

And though police have not named the woman in the case, hours before the incident, Brown, 19, was seen leaving a pre-Grammys party Feb. 7 with girlfriend Rihanna, 21.

Brown and Rihanna are staying at the home of Sean "Diddy" Combs on Star Island, according to reports from People, Us Weekly and TMZ.com. USA TODAY was unable to confirm the reports. Rihanna's publicist said the singer's announcement last week indicating that she would not comment on the incident at the request of authorities was her only statement. Brown's camp did not respond to queries, and Diddy's publicist would not comment.

Rihanna's father, Ronald Fenty, told Usmagazine.com that he's supporting his daughter. "I love my daughter with whatever road she takes," Fenty said. "I'm behind her win or lose. I will be supportive."

Last week, police were investigating the release of what appeared to be a photo of Rihanna with cuts and bruises on her face and forehead. "We are not treating this lightly," said Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton of the photograph's release. "It's an embarrassment to this department if in fact
ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By ez123

Okay........ Beating women is horrible and all but your title is stupid.  Chris brown is Pop/ R&B.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Chris Brown is pop music not hip hop.

That being said, as much as I like the genre it is permeated with gallons of homophobia, misogyny and crass materialism at it's most public.
I wish somebody would really take a stand within the mainstream hip hop community how they've become sad caricatures and perpetrate terrible values.
Kanye West has spoken out his support for gay people as a prominent face in the hip hop community and I commend him for that.
This is not an attack at hip hop as a whole, but the public face of hip hop which has risen over the last 15 years or so.
The Booty Sweat video in Tropic Thunder was scarily close to real life rather than a funny parody.

Oh yeah, all my sympathy for Rihanna has washed away if she decides to get back with a guy who beat the shit out of her. I know it's battered wife syndrome/Stockholm syndrome/victim complex or whatever you wanna call it. I call it being fucking stupid.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Ronald Fenty? Rihanna's last name is Fenty? Awesome.

Beating a woman is probably the most despicable thing a man can do. Actually, scratch that . . . the second you hit a woman in such a case, your manhood is impounded until you die.
Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Chris Brown is not Hip Hop bro, he's fucking Pop Hop.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Systech
Captain_Fookup said:
"Chris Brown is not Hip Hop bro, he's fucking Pop Hop."
Word. Going to start calling it that now.
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hexpane

I love how people are more upset at my sub genre categorization than beating women... I've never heard a Chris Brown song in my life, until he beat Rhihana, I thought he was an NFL player.   Pop Hop, Prop Hop, Hip Pop, R & POP
Pop & B, R & P, Prep Hop, Club Hop, Pop Bop.... whatever the fuck you want to call his music....  

I prefer real rap.  Anything "hip" or "pop" i usually avoid

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By weltal

Yes, because one man represents an entire genre of music. Fuck 'em if he beats on women but still no chick should stick around in an abusive relationship and I really can't have sympathy for someone who chooses to accept it.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bullet_Jr

I agree with Fookup. I hate the garbage that is being passed as hip-hop these days. Chris Brown will never be Hip-Hop.

Hip-Hop is pure, it's true, and relays good life lessons of simplicity, betrayal and the constant struggle of being sane in an insane world. Hip-hop is life experience condensed into a three minute song.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HandsomeDead

Has there been a motive for why he smacked his bitch up?

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By ez123
Hexpane said:
"I love how people are more upset at my sub genre categorization than beating women... I've never heard a Chris Brown song in my life, until he beat Rhihana, I thought he was an NFL player.   Pop Hop, Prop Hop, Hip Pop, R & POP
Pop & B, R & P, Prep Hop, Club Hop, Pop Bop.... whatever the fuck you want to call his music....  

I prefer real rap.  Anything "hip" or "pop" i usually avoid
"
Why bother if you don't even know what you're talking about?
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Arkthemaniac
HandsomeDead said:
"Has there been a motive for why he smacked his bitch up?
"
Shiiiiiiieeeeeeee, do he need one, foo? He's a thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug, G. He fuck up the king of Russia, doo, jus fo lookin at him wrong.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

HandsomeDead said:
"
Didn't clean the dishes fast enough.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HandsomeDead
Arkthemaniac said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"
Shiiiiiiieeeeeeee, do he need one, foo? He's a thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug, G. He fuck up the king of Russia, doo, jus fo lookin at him wrong.
"
You've never met a black person, have you?
Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ryu

Woah woah woah woah woah......... woah, beating women isn't ok? ;)

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By fr0br0

.....Did you just call Rhianna ugly?

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RetroIce4

Wrong  genre and Chris Brown is the biggest doucher ever.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arkthemaniac
HandsomeDead said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"
"
You've never met a black person, have you?"
I see them on the side of the road sometimes when I go out for a drive outside my gated community. And on TV.
PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PercyChuggs
HandsomeDead said:
"Has there been a motive for why he smacked his bitch up?"
Supposedly she threw keys, or a phone (or BOTH! gasp) at him, and he had to beat her down out of self defense.

Honestly, who cares about this story other than bloggers and bored housewives who read about it in US Weekly? The guy's career is basically over. He's getting erased from the movie he was supposed to be in, and nobody will buy or download his records anymore. Eh, who knows, 13 year old girls are just dumb enough to do that.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By jakob187

This thread is...very...mind-blowing in some of its responses.

Personally, it's whatever.  Women are beat every single day around the world, and they aren't getting any spotlights over it.  Don't understand why the fuck this prick or his dopey ass girlfriend are getting any attention either.

Besides, what the fuck did these two do that was ever worthwhile for the world?  I have never heard of either of them before this whole "beating" thing.
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By fr0br0
PercyChuggs said:
"HandsomeDead said:
Supposedly she threw keys, or a phone (or BOTH! gasp) at him, and he had to beat her down out of self defense.Honestly, who cares about this story other than bloggers and bored housewives who read about it in US Weekly? The guy's career is basically over. He's getting erased from the movie he was supposed to be in, and nobody will buy or download his records anymore. Eh, who knows, 13 year old girls are just dumb enough to do that."
I heard it was because she gave him herpes. I like that story much better...
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I've said it before and I'll say it again: "DEATH TO CHRIS BROWN!" Somebody freaking kill that fool. Nobody should hurt Rihanna and live to tell about it. Also, she's stupid for going back to him, but considering the dependency of relationships, it's a common problem. Regardless, I'm hoping it's all a hoax and she's just pretending to forgive him so when he's not expecting it she can CHAINSAW THAT MOTHER! Any abuse to a woman should be punishable by death.

xXRAWxHEATxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xXRAWxHEATxX

I'm not knocking the topic creator for this, but I wish more people would stress over the genocide going on in Africa than some pop star being beat up by her boyfriend. The mainstream media is brainwashing us.

Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ryu
jakob187 said:
"This thread is...very...mind-blowing in some of its responses.

Personally, it's whatever.  Women are beat every single day around the world, and they aren't getting any spotlights over it.  Don't understand why the fuck this prick or his dopey ass girlfriend are getting any attention either.

Besides, what the fuck did these two do that was ever worthwhile for the world?  I have never heard of either of them before this whole "beating" thing.
"

Do you even listen to music?? :OO
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

HandsomeDead said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"
"
You've never met a black person, have you?"

Was thinking the same thing. LMFAO
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Linkyshinks
HandsomeDead said:

The official statement issued by Brown's lawyers state, "It was The Prodigy's fault"

Chris Brown is not fucking Hip Hop

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bullet_Jr

She's a stupid woman and he's a stupid man. They deserve each other. Period.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By penguindust

Queen Latifah rapped about this type of thing way back in 1992 in her classic hit U.N.I.T.Y.

"I hit the bottom, ain't nowhere else to go but up
Bad days at work, if you an attitude then you were rough
And take it out on me but that's about enough
You put your hands on me again I'll put your ass in handcuffs
I guess I fell so deep in love I grew dependency
I was too blind to see just how it was affecting me
All I knew was you, you was all the man I had
And I was scared to let you go, even though you treated me bad
But I don't want my kids to see me getting beat down
By daddy smacking mommy all around
You say I'm nothing without ya, but I'm nothing with ya
A man don't really love you if he hits ya"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prhF6LE89z4

So, to say that mainstream hip-hop is okay with domestic abuse isn't true, but as with every case of violence against women it is the relationship between the abuser and the victim which perpetuates the cycle and allows it to continue.

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bombHills

Don't call this crap Hip-Hop