Posted by Jan (153 posts) -

Updated texture:

I actually never played Majora's Mask - waiting for the 3DS version =D - but think the mask itself looks awesome. Here's my go at a 3D model of it:

Cheers! =)

#1 Posted by Jan (153 posts) -

Updated texture:

I actually never played Majora's Mask - waiting for the 3DS version =D - but think the mask itself looks awesome. Here's my go at a 3D model of it:

Cheers! =)

#2 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Looks awesome once again. The only comment I have is that I think the eyes don't actually buldge out like that, but that makes it look good anyways.

#3 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Also how do you make those? What program or software are you using?

#4 Posted by Jan (153 posts) -

@SexyToad: Yeah, I just thought the eyes would give it a little extra detail if modeled like that. I use 3D Studio Max. Thanks!! =)

#5 Posted by yoshisaur (2723 posts) -

@Jan: Great job. My only criticism would be with the texture itself. I don't know what it is, it just looks a little too surreal.

#6 Posted by kon1312 (48 posts) -

Wow this really looks great...I don't know how much work something like this takes, because I don't know anything about stuff like this...

but I am amazed!

#7 Posted by Garfield518 (404 posts) -

The colour of the spikes are wrong, but it's still very good.

#8 Posted by The_Nubster (2144 posts) -

I think it all looks very good, but as said, the texture seems a bit. . . off. I always pictured the mask being made out of wood, so it seems strange to my eyes.

#9 Posted by kumquat (128 posts) -

Nice.

I had to take some 3D classes in school, and that shit is hard. I'm always super impressed by people who can do cool shit like this.

#10 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

Pretty neat, as usual. I always look forward to your posts, they're fun to look at.

#11 Posted by GalacticGravy (548 posts) -

Looks great. The texture is a a little plastic-y, but that also may be your lighting. Try using a traditional spot/key/fill setup. And I think the cones around the bottom could probably have a slightly lower face count. Other than that lookin' good.

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

All this does is make me want Majora's Mask for the 3DS. Awesome job but you're an asshole for making me need that game.

#13 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

fuck you! play the game already

#14 Posted by banishedsoul1 (294 posts) -

i would rather nintendo makes a new zelda for 3ds rather then a remake.

#15 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

it's really great. Good job!

#16 Posted by Draxyle (1853 posts) -

That mask is still damn creepy, very well done. I might tone back some of the textures, it looks a little too bumpy around the eyes, but otherwise it's pretty fantastic.

But yea, you absolutely need to play it. It's a little rough around the edges but it's my favorite Zelda.

#17 Posted by Harkat (1102 posts) -

Fuck, that's eerie.

#18 Posted by Ducksworth (660 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

Also how do you make those? What program or software are you using?

I would like to know as well but until an answer is given I'm going to assume Blender. Looks really good!

#19 Posted by Dixavd (1358 posts) -

@Ducksworth: He said he used 3D Studio Max.

#20 Posted by Jan (153 posts) -

Changes the texture a bit so it looks more made out of wood.

#21 Posted by RazielCuts (2954 posts) -

Holy Bumpmaps Batman!

#22 Posted by Pie (7099 posts) -

Man these look awesome. I loved Majoras mask.

#23 Edited by Jan (153 posts) -

@RazielCuts: Is that good or bad? =D