• 61 results
#1 Edited by jakob187 (21675 posts) -
#2 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5831 posts) -

what the fuck man :( 

poor dog ;___;

#3 Posted by Cloneslayer (1628 posts) -

Some of this legal stuff is more mess up than illegal shit.

But that said, this guy had to been more crazy than just some K-2.

#4 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

What happened to people getting high on traditional drugs and just dying from an overdose? Kids these days.

#5 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

@Cloneslayer said:

Some of this legal stuff is more mess up than illegal shit.

But that said, this guy had to been more crazy than just some K-2.

Nah. Dood was pretty chill supposedly. Ya know, it's one thing when it happens in a big city like Miami, but it's weird when it happens in a place like this. I mean, Waco is about 250,000, maybe 300,000 people. I mean, everyone knows someone who knows someone else here.

#6 Posted by Silvergun (297 posts) -

Man, it shows I'm not cool, I thought you meant he killed and ate the dog while climbing a very dangerous mountain.

#7 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

@Silvergun said:

Man, it shows I'm not cool, I thought you meant he killed and ate the dog while climbing a very dangerous mountain.

Same, I thought he had brought his neighbors dog with him for some really dumb reason, got stuck, and then ate the poor guy/girl.

#8 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

@Silvergun said:

LOL I forgot about that also being a mountain. Well played, sir.

#9 Posted by Yummylee (21672 posts) -

Welp, that's it. I'll say again, it's time for us all to start scrounging up as many wolf/eagle emblems, keys, herbs and cranks as we can find.

#10 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

I had to look up K-2 on Google. Maybe he had a severe case of the munchies.

#11 Edited by ajamafalous (12001 posts) -

I also thought of the mountain when I saw K2. I also also thought of the brand of roller blades I used to have.

#12 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

So a wacko from Waco goes wacko?

I'll get my scarf and let myself out.

#13 Edited by jking47 (1211 posts) -

Guys, it wasn't the drugs that did this. K-2 is just a form of synthetic cannabis. He is a crazy person.

EDIT: Reading up on it a little bit, looks like it can trigger psychosis in people. Good thing pot is illegal huh?

#14 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Never heard that one before. >__> <___< O__O

Actually, haven't heard it since the siege...so that's something, right? lol

#15 Posted by Willza92 (263 posts) -

Maybe he just fancied some Thai food but REALLY couldn't be bothered to wait for takeout...?

#16 Posted by Rmack (1078 posts) -

Seriously, I know weed is illegal, but it's not that illegal. I don't even smoke it and know where to get it. Don't resort to a drug that may make you EAT A DOG.

#17 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

@Willza92 said:

Maybe he just fancied some Thai food but REALLY couldn't be bothered to wait for takeout...?

If he fancied Thai food, there's a TON of fucking crickets everywhere right now because our freeze was terrible this past year. With as hot as it is outside, I'm pretty sure they are already cooked and ready to be eaten as well.

#18 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

The bus route outside my house is called the K2. I had a different confusion.

Also, that is fucked up.

#19 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

My god. Thats depressing.

#20 Posted by Scrawnto (2450 posts) -

For the record, nothing in that so-called synthetic cannabis is actually in real cannabis. It's a different set of chemical compounds that likely has different effects on the human body.

Regardless, that's fucked up, though not quite as fucked up as the bath salts incident. How can a person just straight bite into an animal--human, dog, or otherwise--and just start eating it?

#21 Posted by BigChickenDinner (766 posts) -

I'd just like to drop by and let everyone know this bath salt and fake weed shit is smoked/used by 75% of the military.

GO USA!!

#22 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Sounds more like a crazy rather than BEING HIGH ON DRUGS OH MY GOD THE DANGERS OF DRUGS. Synthetic cannabis, really? No, not really.

#23 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1834 posts) -

what people forget is that the zombie virus in left 4 dead was a really bad rabies virus so it is possible

#24 Edited by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

@Scrawnto: The better question is how the dog didn't grab that fucker and get a case of lockjaw on him before that happened. Granted, it doesn't explain in the article what type of dog it was. However, knowing my hometown the way that I do...and the neighborhood that this happened in, they don't exactly keep a lot of chihuahuas around.

It's more in the rottweiler/pit bull/doberman category.

#25 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

@Scrawnto said:

For the record, nothing in that so-called synthetic cannabis is actually in real cannabis. It's a different set of chemical compounds that likely has different effects on the human body.

Regardless, that's fucked up, though not quite as fucked up as the bath salts incident. How can a person just straight bite into an animal--human, dog, or otherwise--and just start eating it?

I think the real question is how long it's going to take for someone to try and eat a tree. No, like a great oak. I would pay money to see someone turn their head to the side and try and eat a great oak. Unless they were sick or crazy, that would be less fun. Or starving in which case I would try and give them something less impossible to eat. Anyway, thought I'd leave this here.

#26 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Im sick of pretending we arent entering a zombie apocalypse.

#27 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

250 thousand to 300 thousand is a far cry from being a close knit community where everybody knows someone who knows everybody else. Maybe if it was 1/10 the size.

#28 Posted by egg (1467 posts) -

did he at least cook the dog first?

#29 Posted by Scrawnto (2450 posts) -

@jakob187: The article calls it a medium-sized black dog, which could be any of the breeds you mentioned or maybe a labrador. It does seem like a medium sized dog ought to have been able to do some damage to an unarmed human if its life depended on it.

#30 Posted by Scrawnto (2450 posts) -

@Karmum said:

Sounds more like a crazy rather than BEING HIGH ON DRUGS OH MY GOD THE DANGERS OF DRUGS. Synthetic cannabis, really? No, not really.

As I mentioned before, synthetic cannabis isn't really all that similar to cannabis. It doesn't contain THC, nor does it contain the antipsychotic compound cannibidiol. Synthetic cannabis been linked to acute pychosis before, too, and this seems like further evidence for that. This really has no bearing on the safety of natural cannabis.

#31 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3321 posts) -

That's horrific, but good lord this stuff sounds bad, why not legalize the real thing instead of this odd concoction?

#32 Posted by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Damn YOUUUU!!!! I was going to say something like that.

#33 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

More like he was smokin dat K9, right guys?

Right? Guys?

#34 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

In the mans defence he was super hungry and it was a Weiner dog that had just gotten into a jar of mustard and was coated in the stuff. I'm sure it was all a mistake.

#35 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Theres far too many puns floating around in this thread.

#36 Posted by Roger778 (957 posts) -

That's...sick!

#37 Posted by Samael2138 (233 posts) -

@Scrawnto said:

@Karmum said:

As I mentioned before, synthetic cannabis isn't really all that similar to cannabis. It doesn't contain THC, nor does it contain the antipsychotic compound cannibidiol. Synthetic cannabis been linked to acute pychosis before, too, and this seems like further evidence for that. This really has no bearing on the safety of natural cannabis.

Thank you for mentioning this! A lot of people think this synthetic crap is just like natural organic cannabis, when it couldn't be further away. I proudly admit that I have imbibed the sacred herb on a very steady basis since I was fifteen. I'll be 30 this weekend. If cannabis really made you psychotic, I definitely would have noticed by now! I have never had the urge or even thought of eating a dog. Or anyone's face, for that matter.

Instead I have a college degree( a music degree, mind you, but a degree none the less). I read physics and philosophy books. And when my fellow enthusiast of the herb and I partake in a fat bowl, we have deep conversations about music, games, politics, philosophy, and the deeper meaning of existence.

Never seen a pothead eat anything other than junk food, lol.

#38 Edited by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

250 thousand to 300 thousand is a far cry from being a close knit community where everybody knows someone who knows everybody else. Maybe if it was 1/10 the size.

You'd be really surprised. I'm constantly surprised by how many people I know here and how many of those people know the people I know.

@Scrawnto said:

@jakob187: The article calls it a medium-sized black dog, which could be any of the breeds you mentioned or maybe a labrador. It does seem like a medium sized dog ought to have been able to do some damage to an unarmed human if its life depended on it.

I just noticed they updated the article.

#39 Posted by Samael2138 (233 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

So this totally happened in my hometown of Waco earlier today.

Bro, Waco is where I went to college. MCC. I still live roughly an hour away in the middle of nowhere.

Was the guy from TSTC? I met some seriously crazy people from that school, and Bellmead.

I knew a guy that kept about a dozen black widows as pets in his dorm room, and spent most of his free time scribbling messages from the demon he swore he was possessed by, then using said messages as wallpaper. And guess what, the black widows escaped. Needless to say, I never went back to his dorm. Or hung out with him much after that.

Oh, and he never smoked weed. He always said, and I quote, "Why would I do something that is gonna make me stupid?" And then he would go out and score some Meth. Because, obviously, that won't make you stupid, or psychotic, or make you scratch your flesh off. <--(sarcasm, in case that wasn't clear)

#40 Posted by Milkman (16805 posts) -

Today in things I'd rather not know about...

#41 Posted by Scrawnto (2450 posts) -

@Samael2138: To be honest, I have absolutely zero interest in partaking in marijuana of any form. I never have, and I can't understand why anyone would. I just wanted to let people know there was an important distinction.

#42 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

@Samael2138 said:

@jakob187 said:

Bro, Waco is where I went to college. MCC. I still live roughly an hour away in the middle of nowhere.

Was the guy from TSTC? I met some seriously crazy people from that school, and Bellmead.

I knew a guy that kept about a dozen black widows as pets in his dorm room, and spent most of his free time scribbling messages from the demon he swore he was possessed by, then using said messages as wallpaper. And guess what, the black widows escaped. Needless to say, I never went back to his dorm. Or hung out with him much after that.

Oh, and he never smoked weed. He always said, and I quote, "Why would I do something that is gonna make me stupid?" And then he would go out and score some Meth. Because, obviously, that won't make you stupid, or psychotic, or make you scratch your flesh off. <--(sarcasm, in case that wasn't clear)

Nah, he was over back on Athens, right off Valley Mills and New Road. Also, super weird to meet someone local and HI.

You will probably appreciate this more than anyone else in the thread...

#43 Posted by Samael2138 (233 posts) -

@Scrawnto said:

@Samael2138: To be honest, I have absolutely zero interest in partaking in marijuana of any form. I never have, and I can't understand why anyone would. I just wanted to let people know there was an important distinction.

Hey, to each their own, bro. Its just nice to see a rational response from someone, be they one to partake or not. Rationality and common sense are becoming rarer and rarer in today's world. Sadly.

#44 Posted by Samael2138 (233 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

@Samael2138 said:

@jakob187 said:

Nah, he was over back on Athens, right off Valley Mills and New Road. Also, super weird to meet someone local and HI.

You will probably appreciate this more than anyone else in the thread...

Yep, that pretty much sums it up, lol. "From the best part of Woodway" had me cracking up! My rather well off cousin and her husband live in Woodway. I, unfortunately, lived right on the border of Waco and Bellmead. Just past where I-35 meets Loop 340. Meth and trailers are a fairly accurate description. You see a lot of that. And people really like to break into cars, too. Its like a community past-time, or something.

Nah, its probably just the meth!

#45 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

The zombie apocalypse is truly coming due to these shitty drugs. Get your crowd pleaser ready.

#46 Posted by Stonyman65 (2711 posts) -

Someone should kill and eat him!

Where the fuck are the bath salts when you need em?!

#47 Edited by LD50 (415 posts) -

So, smoking real marijuana =

Smoking (not even close to real pot) K2 =

A sad day for Texas. I joke, but real people are getting hurt/killed over this crazy drug war.

#48 Posted by NegativeCero (3003 posts) -

Giantbomb has become my number one source for stories of crazy and disturbed people who do fucked up shit. Here's to continuing that trend.

#49 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

that is terrible. what is happening to the world today. what ever happened to just going down to your friendly neighborhood drug dealer and buying the illegal stuff. now people are just ingesting stuff that they find around their house to see if they can get a high.

i'm pretty sure K2 is illegal, banned from some states.

drugs are bad either way if legal or not.

#50 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

@Samael2138: I grew up in Lacy-Lakeview and went to Connally. Therefore, I am preconditioned to hate La Vega...and subsequently Bellmead.