• 58 results
#1 Edited by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

I saw that this battle was posted on NeoGAF and it garnered pretty good responses so I decided it would be a good idea to post it here too.  I basically took the guy's thread title btw.  And this is an acapella, written battle.  Well basically Calicoe (man in blue) brags about how his dad is part of a gang in Detroit.  His dad's in jail for doing gang stuff too.  Also a few months ago Cal posted a video of a dog fighting operation and it got onto Reddit and the authorities eventually got hold of it all.  So in other words, Cal is stupid.  Lux basically breaks down Cal's dad in the last round.  Its a long video and Lux's last round starts around 34:00.  Calicoe gets completely destroyed. 

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -
#3 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Guy in the suit should drop rapping and just become a preacher. He'd make alllll kinds of money.

#4 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: my bad, my internet connection was about to give out so i just typed the post out really fast and completely forgot about it.  Ill add it now
#5 Posted by Demoskinos (15032 posts) -

I bet Gerstmann could destroy both of them.

#6 Posted by envane (1164 posts) -

#1 killer amongst black folk is jealousy

#7 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

I understood nothing!

#8 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@TheDudeOfGaming said:

I understood nothing!

YOU GON GET THIS WORK!
#9 Posted by Akyho (1678 posts) -

Watched it all....weirdly.

Lux does do things better? and I dont know beyond that.... even with the whole story and watching the whole 44 minute video....I shrug and go "what?"

#10 Edited by mikethekilla (328 posts) -

Damn dude was speaking truth.

#11 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@Akyho said:

Lux does do things better? and I dont know beyond that.... even with the whole story and watching the whole 44 minute video....I shrug and go "what?"

Well basically Lux hasnt battled on camera since 2003 and hes regarded as a legend because he hasnt battled in a long time.  So basically all those people awaited his return, thats why some lines get more reaction than they deserve.  And Lux is all about saying some vague shit and wordplay that people normally wont get after a long time.  Also he choked bad in the first round which disappointed a lot of people in that crowd.  Some people are saying that he faked that choke but Lux said that it was an actual choke.  
#12 Posted by Deusx (1910 posts) -

I can appreciate the skill involved in doing that but I just can't stand the culture behind all that. It's too over dramatic for me. I get why it is like that. I just don't want anything to do with it.

#13 Posted by Akyho (1678 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

@Akyho said:

Well basically Lux hasnt battled on camera since 2003 and hes regarded as a legend because he hasnt battled in a long time. So basically all those people awaited his return, thats why some lines get more reaction than they deserve. And Lux is all about saying some vague shit and wordplay that people normally wont get after a long time. Also he choked bad in the first round which disappointed a lot of people in that crowd. Some people are saying that he faked that choke but Lux said that it was an actual choke.

With all the audience constantly interrupting him in both ways of "YEAH GO LUX" and "AWW DAM THAT WAS COLD!" and a dash of "What fuck are you even saying!" Is my interpretation of the audience. Did keep throwing Lux off, with time for Cal to go "Nah he is done! I killed you! I killed you Lux!"

Lux overall rapped better in my opinion and had some major insults amongst them. Was the rapping good? I dont know I honestly dont listen to rap. Eminem and a bit of Busta Rhymes (as you saw him in the boxes) is all I know.

It is kinda sad the moment Lux choke was a pretty sweet insult. "They didn't even book you hotel rooms, Cos I told them I put yous up in Harlem hospital beds!" Thats the basics of it at-least.

I could realy catch what Cal was saying. It not very rememberable as well as it didnt seem to rhyme or seem so well thought as as Lux did.

As shown Cal didn't get much interruption from the crowd in either directions of "Yeah! or "BOO!"

Thats why Lux is were he is today he is catchy and rememberable.

#14 Posted by AckbarTheGreat (419 posts) -

I was honestly hoping this was about a rapper breaking out a soul stealing incantation mid rap.

#15 Posted by President_Barackbar (3467 posts) -

The lack of Shang Tsung in this rap battle disappoints me.

#16 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@Akyho: Lux's rapping is pretty good.  Hes pretty technical.  Yeah Lux is used to an environment where he can just keep rapping and rapping in the middle of a small crowd like the old days but this is a completely new different environment so I was pretty surprised he adjusted.   And Busta Rhymes was going crazy.   

Yeah Lux finished his first round in the second round and the closer for the first round was insane.  "Aint it EVIL to LIVE backwards?"  Some of his stuff is so simple but complex at the same time.  There isnt a battle rapper that has the same style that Lux does.  And he managed to walk onto that stage with a different style compared to what he had almost 10 years ago and still managed to be a breath of fresh air.   
Cal's stuff is somewhat basic and hes mostly known for crowd control.  He can really get a crowd excited so it surprised him that they suddenly became so hostile.   

Yeah exaclty, Lux is definitely something else.   

@Deusx: I agree with you, the culture has turned into WWE pretty much and it revolves around making the other person feel like shit.  If youve ever been in a rap battle before the simplest disses that receive a huge "OHHHHHH!" from the crowd can really hurt.  I still love watching battles though.  Ive watched way too many.  
#17 Posted by Deusx (1910 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: I get why you like them, they can be really entertaining and as I said, I do enjoy my fair bit of hip hop. A$AP, Windmills, Death Grips, Johny Bada$$, are some that come to mind.

#18 Posted by voltronadactylsaurusrex (69 posts) -

@Deusx said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: I get why you like them, they can be really entertaining and as I said, I do enjoy my fair bit of hip hop. A$AP, Windmills, Death Grips, Joey Bada$$, are some that come to mind.

i thought i would fix that for you

#19 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@Deusx said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: I get why you like them, they can be really entertaining and as I said, I do enjoy my fair bit of hip hop. A$AP, Windmills, Death Grips, Joey Bada$$, are some that come to mind.

Joey is 17.  Im amazed that a kid like him can have so much talent
#20 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

jumped to 34:00 and started watching. Having a bit of a hard time understanding what that quick-speaking dude in the Tux is saying. He speaks like a goddamn preacher!

#21 Posted by Vinny_Says (5720 posts) -

@Deusx said:

Joey is 17. Im amazed that a kid like him can have so much talent

I see what you're saying but youngins have always been tearing it up in hip hop....Rakim wrote Paid in Full when he was 18 years old. But then again idiots like chief keef still exist :(

#22 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

Lux killed it but Calicoe fucked him in the first rounds

Even shit for me!

#23 Posted by Danteveli (1201 posts) -

@President_Barackbar said:

The lack of Shang Tsung in this rap battle disappoints me.

I was waiting for Your soul is mine moment.

#24 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

@Deusx said:

I see what you're saying but youngins have always been tearing it up in hip hop....Rakim wrote Paid in Full when he was 18 years old. But then again idiots like chief keef still exist :(

And Nas wrote Illmatic when he was 19-20.

#25 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

This thread reminded me of when I was like 12 and 8 Mile came out and we all had rap battles in school lol

#26 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic said:

@Vinny_Says said:

@Deusx said:

I thought he started when he was 17 too?  Yeah I know that lots of rappers back then start out young.  There are really only a few people nowadays that are talented when theyre that young.  I mean look at all those YouTube rappers.  
#27 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3599 posts) -

Not sure if I'm the only one in here, seriously was hoping for Shang Tsung to appear.

#28 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Written? There goes any interest.

#29 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

Sounds like someone needs gellin shoes.

#30 Posted by BlastProcessing (922 posts) -

Holy crap Lux tore that dudes ass apart, when he showed the instagram photo I was popping like popcorn. Respect for showing this fine piece of video, OP.

#31 Posted by Little_Socrates (5684 posts) -

I think Lux had round 2 as well, but round 2 is damaged some by him using the lyrics he didn't spit in round 1; that's some hometown bias if I've ever seen it.

But, of course, boys, round 3 was a fucking soul-stomping. Calicoe GOT THAT WORK! I watched a bunch of battles last night, and while a couple of the ones posted in that GAF thread were more bodied than this (Diz vs. Canibus was a goddamn blitzkrieg, round 1 Diz was just disgraceful for Canibus) the round 3 victory by Lux was the best thing I saw all night.

#32 Posted by ozzy369123 (44 posts) -

@envane: I also enjoy MF Doom

#33 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

what the fuck am I viewing

#34 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

@Akyho said:

Eminem and a bit of Busta Rhymes (as you saw him in the boxes) is all I know.

Funny enough, Busta Rhymes was in the balcony and on camera at one point, as well as P.Diddy (or whatever the fuck his name is now).

Honestly, I have to get ghetto for a second. Excuse me for what is about to happen here...

Lux split that kid's wig hard, worked his ass, and sent him home for the dogs to eat. Cal acted like a low bitch, but Lux had class and style. He spit it like it was beat poetry, making every rhyme matter and count. Cal just threw bullshit out and thought he was hard. He wasn't shit, can't touch what Lux threw on him. Cal sweatin' all that shit that Lux threw at him, you could see it on his face. Bitch was nothing BUT a bitch, and he got spanked like a bitch. Lux did get that work on him.

Okay. Now back to being white.

#35 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@Little_Socrates: People overlook what Dizaster did to that man in that first round because of what Canibus did later on. 

@BlastProcessing: Props for taking the time and watching!  I watched the video a few minutes after it came out on YouTube and I wasnt really sure that people on GB would like this video.  
#36 Posted by TheHT (11549 posts) -

Well that was legitimately sad.

#37 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

Well that was something all right. Interesting watch.

#38 Posted by JCTango (1365 posts) -
  1. I can't believe I watched some of that... for more than 10 minutes...
  2. I kinda liked what lux was talking about in his battle
  3. These are the times when I wish we had subtitles that pop up during everyday life events
#39 Posted by Portis (1289 posts) -

lol, that quick cut to Busta Rhymes made me laugh.

#40 Posted by NegativeCero (3014 posts) -

I feel like I've been introduced to something amazing. I watched that whole thing despite not quite understanding all the verses. I guess I'll be looking through that Neogaf thread now.

#41 Posted by Jams (2962 posts) -

@TheHumanDove said:

what the fuck am I viewing

A bunch of fucking gibberish.

#42 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

Daylyt is my favorite battle rapper and not because he has a Spawn mask face tattoo. He has a url battle coming up

And here's some white people

#43 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@George_Hukas: I love Daylyt.  Hes hilarious on Twitter and his blogs/songs are sooo fucking funny.....  But honestly, I would say that my favourite battle rapper would be Da Rebul.........  Honestly, I would have said Dizaster if he had another battle like the one with Swave or a battle where all 3 rounds were like the first round he had with DNA.  My favourite up and comer would probably be John John Da Don.  
#44 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

Man, he even did the whole "Kali Ma" hand thing.

#45 Posted by Andorski (5345 posts) -

@envane said:

#1 killer amongst black folk is jealousy black folk

#46 Posted by envane (1164 posts) -

@Andorski: it was a line from a mf doom song , not trying to make a sick burn on black people, plus realize that jealousy implies black folk killing each other already .. well i dunno . what was your point ?

#47 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic

@Vinny_Says said:

@Deusx said:

And illmatic isn't his best album.
#48 Posted by Little_Socrates (5684 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: Do you mean when he took out a notebook, or when he stood around for thirty seconds at a time saying absolutely nothing? Comments section won't even talk about anything else. But Diz did some quality stuff in Round 1, I think he would've won the match regardless.

#49 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@Andorski said:

@envane said:

#1 killer amongst black folk is jealousy black folk

O_o

#50 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@Little_Socrates said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: Do you mean when he took out a notebook, or when he stood around for thirty seconds at a time saying absolutely nothing? Comments section won't even talk about anything else. But Diz did some quality stuff in Round 1, I think he would've won the match regardless.

Honestly, when he said his second line I knew it was over when I was watching the live stream.....  There are a few Canibus fans that are trying to give the first round to Canibus in that comment section so I tried to stay away from that video the best I can.