• 68 results
#1 Edited by Sanj (2352 posts) -

Jesse Eisenberg Cast as Lex Luthor in Batman vs Superman movie.

“Lex Luthor is often considered the most notorious of Superman’s rivals, his unsavory reputation preceding him since 1940,” Snyder said. “What’s great about Lex is that he exists beyond the confines of the stereotypical nefarious villain. He’s a complicated and sophisticated character whose intellect, wealth and prominence position him as one of the few mortals able to challenge the incredible might of Superman. Having Jesse in the role allows us to explore that interesting dynamic, and also take the character in some new and unexpected directions.”

You're not an asshole, Lex. You're just trying so hard to be.

#2 Posted by spraynardtatum (2606 posts) -

Mark Zuckerberg is Lex Luthor

#3 Edited by Veektarius (4597 posts) -

Is Batman going to be played by Kit Harrington?

#4 Posted by Sanj (2352 posts) -

Mark Zuckerberg is Lex Luthor

Thread title amended. What was I thinking.

#5 Posted by Marcsman (3116 posts) -

I just don't see the pussy from Zombieland as Lex Luthor.

#6 Posted by kingjulesxii (71 posts) -

Snyder asked for Heisenberg and got Eisenberg

#7 Edited by Sanj (2352 posts) -

@marcsman: ...He's the actor who played the "pussy" from Zombieland.

They're definitely thinking outside the box with this casting choice. But it could work; he was a good asshole in Social Network.

#8 Edited by Marcsman (3116 posts) -

@sanj: He is the pussy from Zombieland. Abigail Breslin was more bad ass than him.

Not questioning the pick, just having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

#9 Posted by Ryanmgraef (228 posts) -

Lol...this movie is going to suck.

#10 Posted by StrainedEyes (1321 posts) -

Jeremy Irons has also been cast as Alfred. I still don't know what to think about the casting choices for this movie, but I don't have the highest hopes for Snyder helming it anyway.

#11 Edited by Abendlaender (2763 posts) -

Jeremy Irons has also been cast as Alfred. I still don't know what to think about the casting choices for this movie, but I don't have the highest hopes for Snyder helming it anyway.

Wait...what? Really?
Who.....why is Zack Snyder still making movies?

#13 Posted by GunstarRed (5027 posts) -

Ummm. Ok.

#14 Posted by spraynardtatum (2606 posts) -

I actually think Jesse Eisenberg is a pretty good pick. As long as they're going for a modern Lex Luthor.

#15 Posted by Marcsman (3116 posts) -

Bring back Gene Hackman out of retirement.

#16 Edited by csl316 (8111 posts) -

Wait, that's not Bryan Cranston.

#17 Posted by TheBluthCompany (367 posts) -

My rebuttal.

#18 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5235 posts) -

Hmm, allrighty then.

#19 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4285 posts) -

Eisenberg is a really good, charismatic, likable actor in my opinion, but playing Lex Luthor? I dunno, man. It's not that I think he can't do it. It's just I that I feel like there are other people better suited for the role. But hey, hopefully he knocks out of the park. guess we'll just have to wait and see...

#20 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1539 posts) -

I'm pretty excited for this

#21 Edited by Quarters (1629 posts) -

I feel like I haven't heard a positive thing about this whole MOS2 debacle yet. I feel like it's trying so hard to "think outside the box" that it's just turning into a hot mess.

#22 Posted by LackingSaint (1771 posts) -

Jesse Eisenberg is a great actor, so sure! It's a shame this movie will probably be as mediocre as Man of Steel was, though.

#23 Posted by mrfluke (5092 posts) -

I guess we'ill wait and see, but god, what were they thinking?

its probably cause im hot off breaking bad, but Bryan Cranston should have been lex luthor.

#24 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -

I am outraged!

#25 Posted by crithon (3081 posts) -

wait? is this movie a big joke to make us all rage out? First ben affleck, next gal gaddot, now....... this has to be a big joke on us.

#26 Edited by JYoung (151 posts) -

I thought this was going to be a thread about how Mark Zuckerberg realistically has the money and intellect to be a real-life supervillian.

#27 Posted by TheMasterDS (2015 posts) -

Was hoping for Bryan Cranson. Oh well I didn't like the first Tin Man movie so I won't be watching this one anyway.

#28 Posted by Milkman (16527 posts) -

Angry about superhero movies!

#29 Posted by bwheeeler (420 posts) -

I wish they did exactly what I expected instead of giving me something different.

#30 Edited by liquidsnakegfer9 (132 posts) -

@abendlaender: IMO If there is any decision that will backfire in the production of this movie, it will most likely be the decision to put Snyder at the helm again for another movie.

#31 Posted by Mooshu (486 posts) -

Eisenberg is a terrific actor, but I can't help but feel this is a terrible miscast.

#32 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

At this point I'm like "Why not?".

#33 Edited by Jeust (10477 posts) -

@babychoochoo said:

Eisenberg is a really good, charismatic, likable actor in my opinion, but playing Lex Luthor? I dunno, man. It's not that I think he can't do it. It's just I that I feel like there are other people better suited for the role. But hey, hopefully he knocks out of the park. guess we'll just have to wait and see...

My guess is they are going for a young villanous technology entrepreneur tycoon in Lex Luthor, where Eisenberg's experience with the Social Network makes him one of the best choices to make that happen. Think an evil Mark Zuckerberg.

#34 Posted by spraynardtatum (2606 posts) -

They should have gotten Eric Schmidt

#35 Posted by Tom_omb (337 posts) -

I don't get the outrage, this could be great.

When I saw the title I didn't realize you were talking movie casting. I thought it could be a link to a news article citing definitive proof that Mark Zuckerberg has become a real life super villain. He's a great model for a modern day billionaire and master of Metropolis. Casting Jesse Eisenberg makes a ton of sense. If you think of him as a wimp, then he's all the better foil for Superman.

#36 Edited by Abendlaender (2763 posts) -

@abendlaender: IMO If there is any decision that will backfire in the production of this movie, it will most likely be the decision to put Snyder at the helm again for another movie.

I don't even dislike Snyder THAT much, I just don't think he is able to direct a somewhat serious movie. Stuff like Sucker Punch and 300 which is completly over-the-top? Yes (well....somewhat). Something with even the slightest amount of gravitas? Nooooooooo

Yeah I know he directed Watch Men shut up all you Zack Snyder apologists out there! (I didn't even like that movie)

#37 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

I think Man of Steel was pretty okay for a superhero movie, but between the choice of director and the casting, I have doubts that this will be anything other than a basic case of sequelitis.

#38 Posted by RockyRaccoon37 (425 posts) -

Michael Keaton as Batman?!?!

Heath Ledger as the Joker?!?!

#39 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4594 posts) -

@rockyraccoon37 said:

That's what I was thinking as well.

At this point we have to at least assume that Jesse Eisenberg showed them something worth pursuing during auditions. It's not like he's an actor that can walk in somewhere and get any role he wants.

#40 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

Hayden Christensen as Anakin!?!?!

Yeah, not every out of left field choice is secret acting gold.

#41 Edited by Everyones_A_Critic (6287 posts) -
@landon said:

@rockyraccoon37 said:

Hayden Christensen as anyone in anything?!?!?

#42 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Well, Snyder also thought Malin Akerman makes for a good Silk Spectre. Obviously she's way too girly, and not *buxom vixen* enough to pull it off. That said, Watchmen (The Ultimate Cut) is my favorite movie, and Malin Akerman is a sweetheart, so whatever.

For some reason I picture Lex as a more physically superior human specimen, who might also be a black President (guess I've watched too much of the DC cartoon shows). As long as Lex ends up in his Robo-Suit at some point, I'm game! Also - he's definitely going to end up *President Luthor* in whatever movie universe DC is cooking up. I mean, I'd totally vote for Lex. He showed them rat commie bastards in Red Son!

On that note... MAKE AN ELSEWORLD DC MOVIE ALREADY!

#43 Posted by Zeik (2223 posts) -

@landon said:

@rockyraccoon37 said:

The writing was more an issue than his acting. You write Anakin as a whiny teeneger you're going to get a whiny teenager.

#44 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11476 posts) -

I can kinda see it with how he acted in The Social Network... but I can't help but feel like this is a really weird casting choice. Maybe he'll blow our minds.

#45 Edited by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

Too bad literally every casting decision they've made during this film's pre-production requires this defense.

#46 Edited by crithon (3081 posts) -

Lex Luthor origin, love the line "that curly hair boy"

#47 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

@landon said:

@rockyraccoon37 said:

Someone hasn't seen Shattered Glass

#48 Edited by spraynardtatum (2606 posts) -

@everyones_a_critic said:
@landon said:

@rockyraccoon37 said:

Or Life as a House.

#49 Posted by Yummylee (21254 posts) -

@donchipotle said:

@everyones_a_critic said:
@landon said:

@rockyraccoon37 said:

Or Life as a House.

Or the Goosebumps TV adaption of Night of The Living Dummy III.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

#50 Posted by Hunter5024 (5542 posts) -

I kind of like this pick. I think Bryan Cranston's age might have been a problem, though I still think that he would've been a cool choice too.