Martial law and Holocaust commercials

LD50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LD50

A friend was discussing this today, and I was curious to know what Bombers think about this:

It seems tacky to me. I know it was an election year, so I get the fear campaign. I don't really get the tie-in with the Holocaust though.

The topics being tossed around were:

The similarities between the Patriot Act and the Enabling Act of 1933

Ron Paul

Alex Jones

It all seems a little alarmist to me, and I'm not sure what getting outraged would solve. Personally, I'm not in any political camp.

I think politics are going to change rapidly as the Inet allows people to communicate and space is created for effective ideas to emerge.

WTF was MTV thinking, in your opinion?

EDIT: I should point out these aired around 2008

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Gun Laws, Microchips in pills getting approved by the FDA. I mean... I can see why some people are going bat-shit. Things are happening pretty fast.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CaLe

The god damn chem trails man!! The number stations are sending signals to secret chemical containing compartments inside of commercial airliners and that's why there's magnesium in her hair! If you just follow the money, it leads straight to the Bilderberg group. Follow the money!

LD50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LD50

@NlGHTCRAWLER : I had to Google the Smartpill. That's some crazy shit. The "Helios" by "Proteus"? These dudes and their creepy naming conventions.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By xymox

I think it's an artistic expression of the daily grind and how we are herded and pushed around like cattle, and led to believe things which further the apathy that is rising within us, in order to keep us pacified so that we do not speak up for ourselves or others, and how subsequently that inaction slowly eases us into a dystopian future.

But most likely it isn't, because why would something like that be on MTV?

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@LD50: http://www.isciencetimes.com/articles/3566/20120801/fda-approves-electronic-chips-medications.htm

Yeah it's some pretty crazy stuff. The thing is, these aren't conspiracy theories anymore. If you would have brought up smartpills 5 years ago, people would have looked at you like you were crazy. They say it's an easier way to monitor intake, but I think it's a lot more than that. I mean... who the hell needs monitoring? Are we as humans really that stupid, that we need someone to remind us when to take our medicine and how much of it to take when it says so on the bottles? I'm not saying it's evil or anything, I just don't get the point of it or why anyone would even fund it in the first place. It doesn't really matter to me anyways. I'm too poor/cheap for medicine. :P

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CaLe

@LD50 said:

Free The Masses Fight The World! Free The Masses Fight The World! Free The Masses Fight The World!

No Caption Provided

Coincidence?? I don't think so.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By xymox

@CaLe said:

@LD50 said:

Free The Masses Fight The World! Free The Masses Fight The World! Free The Masses Fight The World!

No Caption Provided

search for Illuminati backwards.

I always got a kick out of that one.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CaLe

@Xymox: The Japanese word for WORLD is SEKAI. NSA = NEW SEKAI ORDER. I knew it. It's all coming together. I can see more clearly now, everything makes sense.

Reptiles.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@CaLe said:

@LD50 said:

No Caption Provided

The X-Files is involved?

Oh No.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CaLe

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

The X-Files is involved?

Oh No.

Why? They make great documentaries. I learned a lot through that TV show.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@CaLe: I was kidding...

I'm not very good at it so will stop.

The X-Files produced documentaries? I remember a Cops crossover which freaked me out as a kid, but thats it.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CaLe

@NlGHTCRAWLER: The X-Files is a documentary TV show as far as I'm concerned. It's all real.

(Have I seriously not been sarcastic enough in this thread?)

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@CaLe said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: The X-Files is a documentary TV show as far as I'm concerned. It's all real.

Oh fuck.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mcfart

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@LD50: http://www.isciencetimes.com/articles/3566/20120801/fda-approves-electronic-chips-medications.htm

Yeah it's some pretty crazy stuff. The thing is, these aren't conspiracy theories anymore. If you would have brought up smartpills 5 years ago, people would have looked at you like you were crazy. They say it's an easier way to monitor intake, but I think it's a lot more than that. I mean... who the hell needs monitoring? Are we as humans really that stupid, that we need someone to remind us when to take our medicine and how much of it to take when it says so on the bottles? I'm not saying it's evil or anything, I just don't get the point of it or why anyone would even fund it in the first place. It doesn't really matter to me anyways. I'm too poor/cheap for medicine. :P

That's actually really cool.....though unless someone's under a court order to take his schizo meds, then it should be the patient's responsibility to monitor intake.

That saud, now we can control our mental cases through court mandated treatments. Since we'll know if they actually take them. In most situations in Canada you can't force someone to take meds through a court order, so that can now be changed.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By TheHT

that's... odd. i mean they're fine commercials, but i don't quite see why they felt the need to make them now. do they think people are forgetting about the holocaust or something?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CaLe

@TheHT said:

that's... odd. i mean they're fine commercials, but i don't quite see why they felt the need to make them now. do they think people are forgetting about the holocaust or something?

No they are warning us that it's coming and that we need to buy more guns so we are prepared for it.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By stonyman65

And this is why you need to keep the government in check. If you think they have your best interests in heart, you're a dumb ass. They want power, plain and simple. Read 1984 when you have a chance to - It's not just a book anymore.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By s10129107

I don't understand what the agenda is for those commercials.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The wings of various aviation-based animals are now just covered in materials such as barium, and it all leads back to the Bilderburg group. Look at the back of the dollar bill; it's all there.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By TheHT

oh i see, they're from 2008. makes more sense.

a bit sensational, though i suppose being dramatic like that only helps people pay attention. but it gets their point across. but man, linking it to the holocaust is really strange.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By stonyman65

@s10129107 said:

The agenda is 'Don't let this happen'. Because it will if we don't do something about it. And by "do something about it", I mean vote out the people that support this, and vote in the people that don't.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BraveToaster

@Stonyman65 said:

@s10129107 said:

The agenda is 'Don't let this happen'. Because it will if we don't do something about it. And by "do something about it", I mean vote out the people that support this, and vote in the people that don't.

So vote for no one? I don't trust the current president or anyone running for presidency.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@CaLe said:

@TheHT said:

No they are warning us that it's coming and that we need to buy more guns so we are prepared for it.

So that's what it's about. Well, so long as you don't fuck with the corporations and the 1%, or rather succeed in it, you'll be fine.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By s10129107

@Stonyman65 said:

@s10129107 said:

And i'm sure Viacom really cares deeply about this issue. Somebody paid money to put these commercials on TV. Something smells awful funny. I'd wager Viacom is subversively playing politics and I don't think this is their big issue.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hatking

Not a fan of these, but MTV has never known the touch of subtlety.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Jams

I have NO IDEA what that video was or what you guys are talking about. Can anyone clue me in?

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By stonyman65

@BraveToaster said:

@Stonyman65 said:

@s10129107 said:

So vote for no one? I don't trust the current president or anyone running for presidency.

I agree. In this case, I would suggest voting for the lesser evil, which seems to be Ron Paul or Gary Johnson. Unfortunately, neither of them have a chance in hell of winning this election.

Anyways, I'm talking about future elections. I think we are a ways off (a few years, at least) from this sort of thing happening, but when it does start it's going to happen fast. We have to make sure it never gets close to that point.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By stonyman65

@s10129107 said:

@Stonyman65 said:

@s10129107 said:

And i'm sure Viacom really cares deeply about this issue. Somebody paid money to put these commercials on TV. Something smells awful funny. I'd wager Viacom is subversively playing politics and I don't think this is their big issue.

Wouldn't doubt it.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By spartanlolz92

Dale Gribbel was right all along.....

lol

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By stonyman65

@Jams said:

I have NO IDEA what that video was or what you guys are talking about. Can anyone clue me in?

Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act (in the name of "National Security", whatever that is) which basically allows Presidential privileges to detain anyone, for any reason, indefinitely without trial. It also allows the president to use the military as police forces. Basically what they where doing to Japanese citizens during World War 2. It's scary stuff.

They are comparing in to the Holocaust because it is very similar to what Hitler did to Jews during that time - use the military to detain them and kill them if necessary.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By audiosnow

"MTV" and "think" in the same sentence?

Never thought I'd see the day...

McChicken116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By McChicken116

I remember seeing these in 08 and being freaked out by them. A lot more alarmist than need be, put still thought provoking.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jace

@Stonyman65 said:

@s10129107 said:

HAHA you still think voting matters.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By stonyman65

@mlarrabee said:

"MTV" and "think" in the same sentence?

Never thought I'd see the day...

Back in the 80's and early 90's there was a lot of stuff that made people think. Once they started on with the "Real World" shows and all the reality TV bullshit, all of that went away.

Remember the good old days when MTV had music? Yeah, that was awesome.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By stonyman65

@Jace said:

@Stonyman65 said:

@s10129107 said:

I think voting for the right people matters. Not the Republicans or Democrats, because there is no difference. The right people can make a change, the trick is getting them in a position to be able to do it. They don't get anywhere unless you vote them in, or out, for that matter.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Jams

@Stonyman65 said:

@Jams said:

Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act (in the name of "National Security", whatever that is) which basically allows Presidential privileges to detain anyone, for any reason, indefinitely without trial. It also allows the president to use the military as police forces. Basically what they where doing to Japanese citizens during World War 2. It's scary stuff.

They are comparing in to the Holocaust because it is very similar to what Hitler did to Jews during that time - use the military to detain them and kill them if necessary.

Thanks for letting me know. Though now I wish I didn't...

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jace

@Stonyman65 said:

@Jace said:

@Stonyman65 said:

@s10129107 said:

I think voting for the right people matters. Not the Republicans or Democrats, because there is no difference. The right people can make a change, the trick is getting them in a position to be able to do it. They don't get anywhere unless you vote them in, or out, for that matter.

consider googling the electoral college.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By stonyman65

@Jace said:

@Stonyman65 said:

@Jace said:

@Stonyman65 said:

@s10129107 said:

consider googling the electoral college.

I know. I was talking more along the lines of the Senate and Congress - They hold more influence in this country than the President does. They are the ones who make the laws and policies, not the President. He can veto them, sure. But then they will go right back where they came from until they come up with something new that will get passed.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Xymox said:

I think it's an artistic expression of the daily grind and how we are herded and pushed around like cattle, and led to believe things which further the apathy that is rising within us, in order to keep us pacified so that we do not speak up for ourselves or others, and how subsequently that inaction slowly eases us into a dystopian future.

I agree with this, but honestly, I feel as though complacent apathy is the only feasible response to it. What are we supposed to do, lead an armed uprising of 99%'ers? That would be laughable, especially against the American armed forces (I'm just saying they're powerful, I'm not glorifying them by any means). And yet we can't "vote it out" because, let's face it, the people haven't held the reigns for some time in this country. Our hands as citizens are tied. At least the hands of those who are willing to look beyond what is spoon-fed to us. Not to get all tinfoil hat on everyone's ass, but as The Offspring said, Shit is Fucked Up.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By stonyman65

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

@Xymox said:

I agree with this, but honestly, I feel as though complacent apathy is the only feasible response to it. What are we supposed to do, lead an armed uprising of 99%'ers? That would be laughable, especially against the American armed forces (I'm just saying they're powerful, I'm not glorifying them by any means). And yet we can't "vote it out" because, let's face it, the people haven't held the reigns for some time in this country. Our hands as citizens are tied. At least the hands of those who are willing to look beyond what is spoon-fed to us. Not to get all tinfoil hat on everyone's ass, but as The Offspring said, Shit is Fucked Up.

I don't think it's a 99% vs 1% thing. I think it's about everyone standing up for your rights before they are (forcefully) taken away from you. The people (everyone, not just the 99%, or whatever number they are assigning to everyone these days) need to stand up to the bullshit politicians and take the country back. I hate to use the Tea Party as an example, but that movement made some pretty big changes on how the government is run and changed the political landscape drastically. Same with what the Occupy Movement is doing now.

Shit is fucked up. And it's only going to get more fucked up until we do something about it. ‎"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."