Mass Effect Ride opens soon!!!!!!!!

Johnnboy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Johnnboy2000

The new Mass Effect Ride opens next month at California Great America In Santa Clara ,California . That's only 1 hr from San Francisco for people outside the Bay Area. The ride has been mentioned on the bombcast a few month ago. I hope we get a video with the guys riding it and Jeff's reaction too the live actors that are part of the whole experience . What do you guys and girls think ?

http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/94e6da73a22abd0407b39e18dd69a0/203756814/ChEWtMHVEAIhZ4m-ed.jpg

Also here is the pice Engadget ran

http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/29/mass-effect-theme-park-attraction-opens-in-may/

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ShadyPingu

I always viewed this as an oddity. I never got the impression Mass Effect has name recognition outside of the core gamer audience. Seems like they'd be better served with Transformers or Fast & Furious or something.

Also yes, Jeff and Dan riding the Mass Effect ride (while playing 3DS) needs to happen immediately.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Shame it's 3000 miles away from me, it'd be a cool thing to check out.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite ride on the Citadel.

I'm with @encephalon, it seems like such an oddity, was it possible they were making a futuristic ride already and co-opted the Mass Effect name? In any case, hey, oddities are cool. I'll never be able to check it out, but hopefully the guys do.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Make sure you see it multiple times to get the red, green, and blue versions ;-)

Johnnboy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Johnnboy2000

@lawgamer: or just walk away and get the cool version.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnboy2000: or pay $10 to have a crucial part of the tracks in place prior to starting the ride.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd better have scantily clad, hot blue women dancing provocatively (and poorly) on small round tables and an excruciatingly long elevator portion.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I've considered going to it since it's only about 20 minutes away.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd better have scantily clad, hot blue women dancing provocatively (and poorly) on small round tables and an excruciatingly long elevator portion.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18k4kic54905jgif/original.gif

Johnnboy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Johnnboy2000

I hope It has a scene where Commander Shepard has an schizophrenic Conversation with someone.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think the security guards should be in Krogan suits and refer to everyone as "Shepard" and respond only to "Wrex".

KnitWit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KnitWit

I've gotten to ride it a few times now! It's been in "soft open" for a couple of days, though it officially is opening May 18th. It's pretty fun; it's very similar to Star Tours, honestly. I feel like it depends on the actor who plays the captain, though. Two I thought were really good for different reasons, but I wasn't as thrilled with the 3rd actor (he probably was fine, I just liked the first two I got better). And as a piece of advice for right now at least: keep your mouth closed. (Not as in talking about it, but as in don't leave your mouth open during the ride.)

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite ride in the park?

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I work in Alameda and started seeing a ton of Mass Effect stuff at work yesterday advertising the ride opening. No one i worked with knew or cared about this.