• 96 results
Powderwombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Powderwombat

I just got back from a 2 week self-imposed project where I ate nothing but McDonald's and Burger King for 3 meals a day. The first week I ate McDonald's, the second week I ate Burger King. I never ate the same thing twice. I won't tell you everything I ate because we all know what they serve, I'm going to break down the customer service, the atmosphere, and my general happiness level while dining.

McDonald's

Old reliable, been around since the 1880s I think, I'm not sure. Their restaurant is cleaner and more modern than BK's. The one I went to had a McCafe off to the side where all the suits drank their fancy f***ing lattes or whatever. I don't care. I'm a simple man, an old man. I hate most of McDonald's hamburgers so I choked them down, though their fries are top notch.

Anyway, by Thursday, the employees started looking at me weird cause I was going in so much, but luckily I'm somewhat masochistic so I didn't explain what I was doing, I just said "Hi, I'd like some more McDonald's please", and they laughed in my face. Though what they didn't know was that I had a boner the whole time.

Grade - 8/10

Burger King

I prefer Burger King's burgers because they don't taste like they're loaded with lard, and their fries are almost as good as Macca's, but their establishment is outdated, and their workers are lazy. They don't care about their craft. I once waited literally 12 minutes to get a f***ing Whopper w/cheese meal. This was when there were no other customers in the store. I forgot to mention that I went to this 24 hour Burger King store and ate at really weird times (Breakfast: 4:00, Lunch: 9:30, Dinner: 4:15) because I'm ashamed to be seen eating there. I actually park my car at the Italian restaurant which is opposite.

The Burger King staff are nicer, but more incompetent than the McDonald's staff. It's basically a trade-off. You keep a little more dignity going to BK, but you have to wait longer. The staff at BK didn't laugh in my face, which is a plus.

Grade - 7/10

I prefer BK's food, but McDonald's wins based on their faster ordering process, more competent staff, and they don't have cockroaches in the coffee machine.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

Please say you didn't really do this.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SomeDeliCook

BK had the handicap of going second also; your body was already miserable and spiteful of you, yet you still liked their food more.

I always feel BK has better food if only because you get more for you money. Compare a cheap dollar Mcburger-whatever to a dollar burger at BK, and the one at BK is bigger with better meat. Plus, its not overloaded with onions. I also prefer BK fries over Micky D fries now, they aren't flimsy and thin.

All in all though, go to Jack N The Box instead and buy 1 dollar chicken sandwiches. Mmm, crappy fast food.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89

I remember eating Rally's/Checkers every day for a time. Those were delicious, terrible times.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mordukai

Hardee's.

dbol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dbol

I prefer vomit to shit, too.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SamStrife

Maccys is the better of the two by some distance. Whenever I have a BK I feel like I'm waiting a lot more than I should be. KFC trumps both though.

Powderwombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Powderwombat

@SamStrife said:

KFC trumps both though.

If we're talking about fast service I'll forget you said this nonsense.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By McShank

@SomeDeliCook said:

BK had the handicap of going second also; your body was already miserable and spiteful of you, yet you still liked their food more.

I always feel BK has better food if only because you get more for you money. Compare a cheap dollar Mcburger-whatever to a dollar burger at BK, and the one at BK is bigger with better meat. Plus, its not overloaded with onions. I also prefer BK fries over Micky D fries now, they aren't flimsy and thin.

All in all though, go to Jack N The Box instead and buy 1 dollar chicken sandwiches. Mmm, crappy fast food.

McDonalds sucks... Bk has the better of the frie selection from all the fast food that I know of but for the *More* bang for your buck I would have to go with Wendy's. Junior Bacon Cheese burgers give you an actual patty the size of the bun AND 2 strips of bacon for the same price as Mcdonalds cheese burgers and burger kings value burgers.. Overall BK has the better food but wendy's gives you more for the same price due to they dont skimp on giving you breakfast sausage sized patties and actual burger sized... burgers..

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor customer service has nothing to do with the establishment. The Domino's the next town over could have great service because the people working there are happy. The one in your town could have poor service because the people working there are miserable.

People who enjoy their job tend to make better food and take more care of the store they work in. People worked to the end of their rope by being short staffed, have a dick of a manager or have dicks for customers generally don't give a damn.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@animathias said:

Poor customer service has nothing to do with the establishment. The Domino's the next town over could have great service because the people working there are happy. The one in your town could have poor service because the people working there are miserable.

People who enjoy their job tend to make better food and take more care of the store they work in. People worked to the end of their rope by being short staffed, have a dick of a manager or have dicks for customers generally don't give a damn.

All in all though I'd say BK is hit or miss where I live; theres a LOT of either shitty customer service or the food takes forever.

The only one that takes longer is Jack N The Box, but they're overall quality is less terrible.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Winternet

Fries and drinks are better at McDonalds than at Burger King, in my opinion. Although, the whopper reigns supreme in the burger selection. But, McDonalds has a better range of burgers. So, unless you really want a whopper (and fuck I really want one now) there's really no reason to go to Burger King.

Note that I'm talking about the European ones. And I think people say that European McDonalds is much much better than the US one.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Hizang

I like the Fries and overall Burgers from Macdonalds, but Burger King never puts that god awful green thing in it that forces me to take it out with a chip.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Good job, mate. I actually love McDonald's, especially their burgers, so I can appreciate the work you put into this.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Vinny_Says

It's sad the McChiken is the only thing I ever order from Mcdonald...at least at BK I look at the menu a bit, even if I do end up getting a whoper most of the time.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SamStrife
@Powderwombat In food quality to speed of service, KFC sits in a lovely middle ground where the food is awesome and the speed isn't so terrible that you want to murder the entire staff.
SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SamStrife
@Hizang The Gerkin is badass!
drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19  Edited By drac96

Man I'm jealous of your 24 hour Burger King. The ones around here all close before midnight.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chop

@SamStrife: But KFC will put a hole in your stomach.

Pretty sure they put poison in their food or something, because I always shit my intestines out after eating KFC.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By I_smell

This is fucking stupid, top to bottom. You clearly hate this food, and both these places, so what are you doing. In a country where there can be like 3 dozen places to eat in a square mile, you chose to eat nothing but the fucking worst stuff, so you could TELL US ABOUT THE MOST FAMOUS AND RECOGNISED BRANDS IN THE WORLD, JUST INCASE WE DIDN'T KNOW.  

I had to look over this again just now, cos surely I'm missing something- but nope- this really is a review of McDonalds and Burger King. You need help. Not in a funny "oh hahaha I'm so nutty!", "that guy sure is a character!" kind of way, but in a way that you're throwing your life out the goddamn window. Get a hobby before you kill yourself out of boredom or something, jesus. This is a sad cry for help.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Sambambo

You put yourself through that for a tiny piece with hardly any information?

Seems worth it...

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Winternet

@SuperSambo said:

You put yourself through that for a tiny piece with hardly any information?

Seems worth it...

Hey, the journey is what matters, not the end result.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By frankxiv

this doesn't seem very scientific

Finis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Finis

McDonald's gets my vote!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I'm sorry, but until you do the same with Wendy's, your study isn't complete. (I'm kidding, you've already taken enough years off your life by doing this.)

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By joshthebear

I feel sorry for you body.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By amir90

How much weight did you gain.?

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cheesebob

How many calories did you eat in those 2 weeks?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By TobbRobb

Burger King always wins, yes Mc is slightly faster but THE TASTE, BK HAS ACTUAL TASTE.

Though really, they are both bad compared to swedish MAX, don't fuck with swedish awesome burgers.

That take half an hour to be made, but fuck you to.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Rebel_Scum

As far as vege burgers go, BK is the winner!

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34  Edited By GS_Dan

Don't understand the hate for BK chips, maybe they're just different over here

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By freakin9

The only thing that makes either of them good is how god damned everywhere they are. Burger King I think has so much more bad stuff on the menu. It's like they have no taste testers, it's some of the worst crap I've ever had the misfortune to put in my mouth if it's not a Whopper. McDonalds is average at best, but at least have somewhat not vile things on the menu as a general rule. The less easy to find places are a lot better. What really just tears most of them down though is, you generally don't feel good when you're done eating.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By Sooty

@Rebel_Scum said:

As far as vege burgers go, BK is the winner!

Vegetarians aren't real people.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mandude

Probably Burger King in both Europe and America. In America, I wouldn't even touch McDonalds though.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Gargantuan

I've eaten a McDonalds burger once and I'll never do it again, fucking horrible. Frasses is the best burger chain

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wolverine

I'm more of a Wendy's guy. The food tastes well...like real food. I worked there for two years in high school, maybe that sways my opinion.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By freakin9

@Wolverine said:

I'm more of a Wendy's guy. The food tastes well...like real food. I worked there for two years in high school, maybe that sways my opinion.

Lol, I worked there too and wonder if it's why I think the food is terrible.

While I'm certainly not a snob that thinks every big chain serves bad tasting food, there are some chains where I eat there, and really don't understand how they became so big.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By penguindust

It's fast food. I usually pick whichever is on my side of the highway. The differences in the quality of food is negligible. Most of it tastes the same to me.

Besides, Checkers is better than both. ;-p

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MikeGosot

Burger King rules them all. Where i live, you get your burgers VERY fast, the workers aren't lazy, and it has TASTE. I mean, i know i'm eating trash, but if i have to eat trash, i will eat trash that tastes like meat.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By leebmx

I can't believe you actually did this........If I knew where you lived I would call social services.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By weegieanawrench

@Chop said:

@SamStrife: But KFC will put a hole in your stomach.

Pretty sure they put poison in their food or something, because I always shit my intestines out after eating KFC.

Hey me too, that's why I haven't had KFC in over 10 years.

I do however happen to love McDonald's. Their service is usually pretty fast and the food hot. I enjoy it so much so that I developed an MSG addiction from eating there way too often over a period of two months. I ended up being tired and grouchy until I got an MSG fix. It was cured by weaning myself off with a few boxes of tomato pretz sticks. Everything in moderation I suppose.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#45  Edited By NoobSauceG7

The only fast food worth a shit is Panera Bread

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By Red

For burgers, Burger King.

For everything else, McDonalds.

KFC is just awful.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By laserbolts

Burger king is the only fast food place I can think of that I really dont like their food. Seriously I do not like it. It tastes goddamn awful.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Wolverine

@freakin9 said:

@Wolverine said:

Lol, I worked there too and wonder if it's why I think the food is terrible.

While I'm certainly not a snob that thinks every big chain serves bad tasting food, there are some chains where I eat there, and really don't understand how they became so big.

I couldn't eat there for a year after I quit because I was so sick of it, but now when I go there (which is very seldomly) I appreciate it.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By Nasar7

BK wins for the croissan'wich alone. But that MIckey D's oatmeal is damn tasty too...

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By GunnBjorn

I quit eating junkfood since I turned age thirty. That's five years ago. Never felt better. If I fancy a hamburger, I either make one myself or go to this wonderful eatery in my hometown where they serve an outstanding hamburger with fried egg, baked onions, ketchup, mustard, mayonaise and homemade Belgian (thick!) fries, a salad and a soda of your choice. I do this about once a month. Sheer decadence!

P.S.

Your endeavour reminded me somewhat of the documentary Super Size Me.