• 68 results
#51 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -

This is far from the worst news about this movie. One of the recent script iterations of this movie got leaked. The Ninja Turtles aren't mutant. They're aliens (that think they're mutants). They are being held captive by the military and are freed by two random teens who wind up helping them find their home planet. A planet of ninja turtles. Aliens that look like humanoid turtles. That know the Japanese art of ninjitsu. That are named (even on their home planet) after Renaissance artists from Italy. That are the four chosen ones to save their planet from the Krang aliens. Also, it's a Michael Bay movie.

So the Megan Fox news doesn't sound so bad now, does it?

#52 Posted by Gamer_152 (14109 posts) -

Yep, it's a Michael Bay film.

#53 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

No. Nope. Nuh uh. No thank you.

#54 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

@theht said:

@dacnomaniac said:
@mcghee said:

@dacnomaniac said:

@mcghee: Emma Stone isn't? Are you on crack my good sir?

If "Emma Stone isn't?" actually made any sense in response to what I said, I could respond. But most likely my response would be "go fuck yourself." So lets just leave that here as a place holder, shall we?

Okay, if your gonna be a giant dick about it then let's look at what you said:

Should have been Emma Stone. But hey, at least Fox is hot.

So, tell me, without being a cock for no apparent reason. What part of that didn't make any sense in reply to what you said?

Oh settle down you two. Dacnomaniac probably read it as McGhee thinking Emma Stone isn't hot ("at least Fox is hot" when put next to a statement about Emma Stone, the implication being that Fox is hot and Emma Stone is... not).

But McGhee probably didn't intend for his comment to be a comparison between the two, rather two separate statements. The first making clear his preference and the second stipulating a quality of Fox that is, to him, redeemable or satisfactory.

Just a petty misunderstanding about a petty comment about a petty story that's got me writing this petty response on a whim.

Fuck Michael Bay.

You are quite correct, like an internet detective. Thanks.

#55 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

What's wrong with Michael Bay? He's perfectly good at what he does best, action movies. Blame the masses for what they crave

#56 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

@medacris said:

I'd honestly be surprised if this was true. Didn't Megan Fox leave Transformers originally because she compared Michael Bay to a Nazi, and that she never wanted to work with him again?

Money talks

#57 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

I guess I should be angry or something but I literately had no hope this movie was going to good even before so whatever, do whatever you want.

#58 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

@wrighteous86 said:

This is far from the worst news about this movie. One of the recent script iterations of this movie got leaked. The Ninja Turtles aren't mutant. They're aliens (that think they're mutants). They are being held captive by the military and are freed by two random teens who wind up helping them find their home planet. A planet of ninja turtles. Aliens that look like humanoid turtles. That know the Japanese art of ninjitsu. That are named (even on their home planet) after Renaissance artists from Italy. That are the four chosen ones to save their planet from the Krang aliens. Also, it's a Michael Bay movie.

Don't like it, don't watch it. Well, at least that's what they say about Patrick's articles

#60 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

Wait a minute, I thought they had semented Paul Walker for that role.

#61 Posted by NegativeCero (3039 posts) -

I am so glad I have no nostalgic attachment to the this property. I can imagine how people who do care feel about this, probably angry.

#62 Posted by Dacnomaniac (444 posts) -

@theht said:

@dacnomaniac said:
@mcghee said:

@dacnomaniac said:

@mcghee: Emma Stone isn't? Are you on crack my good sir?

If "Emma Stone isn't?" actually made any sense in response to what I said, I could respond. But most likely my response would be "go fuck yourself." So lets just leave that here as a place holder, shall we?

Okay, if your gonna be a giant dick about it then let's look at what you said:

Should have been Emma Stone. But hey, at least Fox is hot.

So, tell me, without being a cock for no apparent reason. What part of that didn't make any sense in reply to what you said?

Oh settle down you two. Dacnomaniac probably read it as McGhee thinking Emma Stone isn't hot ("at least Fox is hot" when put next to a statement about Emma Stone, the implication being that Fox is hot and Emma Stone is... not).

But McGhee probably didn't intend for his comment to be a comparison between the two, rather two separate statements. The first making clear his preference and the second stipulating a quality of Fox that is, to him, redeemable or satisfactory.

Just a petty misunderstanding about a petty comment about a petty story that's got me writing this petty response on a whim.

Fuck Michael Bay.

Thank you lord of the internet. :D

#63 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@vshinev: LOL Amy Adams in TMNT, why not cast Daniel Day Lewis as Splinter, no decent actor would go anywhere near this pile of goop.

#64 Posted by Scrawnto (2466 posts) -

I don't even have it in me to get mad about bad adaptations anymore, even though TMNT was once close to my heart. I still love the first two movies. Frankly, I don't care who they cast as April. I don't think any actress would be able to redeem it at this point.

#65 Edited by MikeJFlick (444 posts) -

Her red hair is perfect for this movie.........

#66 Posted by Svenzon (727 posts) -

The way I remember it Megan Fox hated Michael Bay and refused to work with him again, so it's strange to see her attached to this.

Anyway, I find it absolutely hilarious (and fucking tragic) that (presumably) grown men are throwing tantrums about a TMNT movie. Screaming about how someone is raping your childhood is, at least to me, proof that you never grew up in the first place.

#67 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3984 posts) -

@medacris said:

I'd honestly be surprised if this was true. Didn't Megan Fox leave Transformers originally because she compared Michael Bay to a Nazi, and that she never wanted to work with him again?

I don't want them to make a film out of TMNT to begin with. Not unless it's entirely animated (especially in the style of the new Nick cartoon, which I'm liking so far).

This is why I was confused.

TMNT continues to be not as awesome as it once was. Oh well.

#68 Edited by Jams (2966 posts) -

@wrighteous86 said:

#69 Edited by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

You'd think the acting profession was massive in numbers; yet we suffer heavy recycling of these B and C stars instead of allowing new talent some proper roles.