• 84 results
#1 Edited by darthvader300 (48 posts) -

has anyone seen them? i was eating noodles and almost puke!

can u imagine be around these kind people? i think i would crap my pants!

i am not to post video cus people might not want to be gross out, but here is 2 articles

edit: jbuchan76 show me better site for info: [Link removed by moderator]

thoughts on drug war?

#2 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Disgusting. I'd hate to have to be the Mexican government or citizens living in these areas. They literally are fighting a "war."

Anyone can say what they will about the justification of a "drug war"; these are some bad dudes. I wouldn't want them around.

#3 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4827 posts) -

Where's the video? :(

#4 Posted by big_jon (5743 posts) -

Brutal.

Thoughts?

#5 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

I don't know what's more shocking, the killings themselves or the fact that you couldn't find a more reliable source of news than Wired or the Daily Mail.

#6 Posted by TheHT (11521 posts) -

That picture on the second link alone is fucked up. Nasty conflict.

#7 Posted by NegativeCero (3012 posts) -

@TheHT said:

That picture on the second link alone is fucked up. Nasty conflict.

I really wish I hadn't clicked on it.

It's completely fucked down there. If I remember, this happens mostly near the border though.

#8 Posted by L4Dplaya19103 (39 posts) -

yea, whats sad is that this is absolutely nothing, considering they find whole cargo crates filled with assorted dismembered limbs. I knew a guy who worked for the DEA who found a cargo crate with body parts perfectly stacked on top of each other all organizes with legs and abdomens and hands. They said there was possibly 200 dead. There really another kind those cartels.

#9 Posted by Stepside (514 posts) -

Yeah, I'm not going to click those links, I'll just take your word for it. Ignorance is bliss.

Saying that, I still think it's ballsy as hell of the Mexican Gov't to go after the cartels. Shitstorm isn't even the right word for it...

#10 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Call me when they put those heads on turtle bombs

#11 Edited by jbuchan76 (157 posts) -

Here's a great source for what's happening down in mexico.

Be warned, some of the images they show in the articles are very graphic.

They posted about the chainsaw beheadings a few months back.

[Link removed by moderator].

#12 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2995 posts) -

@BrockNRolla said:

Disgusting. I'd hate to have to be the Mexican government or citizens living in these areas. They literally are fighting a "war."

Anyone can say what they will about the justification of a "drug war"; these are some bad dudes. I wouldn't want them around.

yeah these guys are essentially like an insurgent force at this point.

#13 Posted by Grilledcheez (3952 posts) -

That shit cray ...seriously

#14 Posted by GS_Dan (1405 posts) -

So, don't do drugs kids.

#15 Edited by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

This is really old, guys. It was all over international news outlets.

Edit: These seem to be more recent beheadings.

#16 Posted by AnxiousTube (199 posts) -

This is why legalizing drugs will make the world better: we won't be subject to monopolies, as they are illegal.

#17 Edited by SSully (4231 posts) -

@Stepside said:

Yeah, I'm not going to click those links, I'll just take your word for it. Ignorance is bliss.

Saying that, I still think it's ballsy as hell of the Mexican Gov't to go after the cartels. Shitstorm isn't even the right word for it...

Shitstorm might be to light. One of those articles said that since they started going after the Cartel 5 years ago there have been 50,000 deaths associated with Cartel activity.

@AnxiousTube said:

This is why legalizing drugs will make the world better: we won't be subject to monopolies, as they are illegal.

Exactly what monopolies are we being subjected to?

#18 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Yeah this stuff is messed up. I saw this on the news awhile ago, absolutely insane.

#19 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5841 posts) -

Fuuuuck this shit is crazy. 

#20 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

At what point were you eating and thinking, "maybe looking at a video of people getting beheaded will be good for my appetite?"

#21 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

@GS_Dan said:

So, don't do drugs kids.

And don't deal in drugs, I wish to add. Stay away from it altogether.

#22 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Old news is old. Also this isn't anything out of the norm for cartels.

#23 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

They really need to find Joaquín Guzmán Loera

#24 Posted by pw2566ch (480 posts) -

@SSully said:

@AnxiousTube said:

Exactly what monopolies are we being subjected to?

If monopolies were illegal then I would be able to choose more cable providers. Anyway, from what I hear, they're planning on legalizing drugs so they can stop the cartels.

#25 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

I've removed a couple of the links in this thread. Discussion of the news story seems like a fair topic, but linking to places which have pictures of decapitated heads does rather conflict with our rules about macabre content.

#26 Posted by CookieMonster (2423 posts) -

I couldn't give a shit.

#27 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Thoughts on the drug war: Stop it now, it absolutely is not worth all the deaths so far. It's insane that the U.S. still has done nothing to ease the situation.

#28 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@TheHumanDove said:

Old news is old. Also this isn't anything out of the norm for cartels.

How is it old news? The cartel war is going on RIGHT NOW, yes it started getting really bad in 2006, but still, this is probably more important than most issues being brought up on the news right now.

#29 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I mean the beheading is old. And they do things like this all the time. Daily, one might say

#30 Posted by AgnosticJesus (544 posts) -

@AnxiousTube Hey genius legalizing drugs will not eliminate the drug trade. The cartels would just undercut the prices set by the regulating body. Addicts will buy the less expensive, untaxed, and more potent drugs.

#31 Edited by Jumanji (447 posts) -

@AgnosticJesus said:

@AnxiousTube Hey genius legalizing drugs will not eliminate the drug trade. The cartels would just undercut the prices set by the regulating body. Addicts will buy the less expensive, untaxed, and more potent drugs.

Yes, just like the MASSIVE trade in homebrew bootlegged alcohol.

#32 Edited by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

As someone who lives about six hours away from where all this shit is happening...and seeing it start to trickle into my hometown (especially with the cartel violence that is directed at Sureno and Norteno familia in the area), it's a scary fucking thing. At the same time, it's solely because the U.S. won't just legalize it all.

Seriously, what the hell harm comes from legalizing the possession and distribution of narcotics? Portugal did it, and they saw a DECREASE in the amount of hard drugs used. It would stop the war at the border, it would stop the incarceration of so many people that don't need to be in prison in the first place, and it would lead towards the cartels realizing that they don't need to be hostile about this shit. If anything, it would mean they were a LEGIT BUSINESS!

Nonetheless, the U.S. would rather continue allowing this shit to happen at our borders, and it's a sad fucking thing.

@AgnosticJesus said:

Regulating body? No one is talking about retailing narcotics at a fucking store when they say "legalize it all". They are saying that distribution and possession wouldn't be illegal.

Even then, if it DID become a retailed item, then it would still eliminate the "drug trade". What's more profitable to the owner of a poppy field: running a legit business and creating jobs in their community while being rich and powerful, or murdering people and trying to hide your poppy field while employees work for jack shit? The first, obviously. It would open up trade. It would mean that you are a LEGIT BUSINESS.

@Jumanji said:

@AgnosticJesus said:

Yes, just like the MASSIVE trade in homebrew bootlegged alcohol.

BINGO!

#33 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i knew a guy who almost got his head cut off from the cartel. i don't know the whole story just he almost happened.

this isn't new. they have been doing that for a long time. if the us helped out with killing of them, or making drugs legal then mexico wouldn't have to suffer from the cartels.

#34 Posted by AgnosticJesus (544 posts) -

@Jumanji I'm sorry I didn't realize it was the 1930's again. You honestly cannot compare the illegal drug trade with prohibition. I guess in your mind all the drug cartels throughout Mexico, South America, Asia, Europe, Africa, etc. would just pack up shop, cease operation, and say "it was fun while it lasted". The drug trade runs a little deeper then Mobsters and the "beer baron" supplying alcohol during prohibition but I don't expect you to see that. Go ahead, stand tall on your soapbox and proclaim the failures of the war on drugs. It does nothing but fall on deaf ears and is a total waste of time. Drugs (with maybe the exception of marijuana, which wouldn't be anytime soon) will never be legalized.

#35 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

As someone who lives about six hours away from where all this shit is happening...and seeing it start to trickle into my hometown (especially with the cartel violence that is directed at Sureno and Norteno familia in the area), it's a scary fucking thing. At the same time, it's solely because the U.S. won't just legalize it all.

Seriously, what the hell harm comes from legalizing the possession and distribution of narcotics? Portugal did it, and they saw a DECREASE in the amount of hard drugs used. It would stop the war at the border, it would stop the incarceration of so many people that don't need to be in prison in the first place, and it would lead towards the cartels realizing that they don't need to be hostile about this shit. If anything, it would mean they were a LEGIT BUSINESS!

This, 100% this. 
#36 Posted by Pezen (1634 posts) -

Why do I always succumb to curiosity? It never leads to anything pleasant. Internet, you abyss of despair you.

#37 Posted by BlackLagoon (1457 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

Seriously, what the hell harm comes from legalizing the possession and distribution of narcotics? Portugal did it

Not according to Wikipedia. Drugs are still illegal, they just use drug rehabilitation and community service instead of prison.

#38 Posted by Kyodra (140 posts) -

I wish governments would just make pot legal, regulated and taxed. Alcohol is basically a drug, one which was banned during prohibition years, which lead to widespread organized crime. Now the same is happening with drugs, and it won't be over until a similar action is taken. I would much rather live next door to a pothead than an alcoholic, they tend to be mellow and silly rather than loud, annoying and potentially violent.

#39 Posted by BadNews (547 posts) -

This has been going on for like years. I live like 5 minutes from the border and know plenty of people who have lost family members for just crossing the border. Hell, even one of my friends got her car stolen with in 2 minutes of entering mexico from a truck full of guys with assault rifles.

Seen stuff like people getting their face stitched to a soccer ball and left on a playground, etc. It's one of the reasons a bunch of people here were completely freaked about Call of Juarez: The Cartel. When most of the people in this city have lost people to the drug cartel in juarez or they themselves had to deal with regular shootings and murders they tend to have a negative idea on games named as such.

Late to the party with this though.

#40 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Someone was watching Scarface lately

#41 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
@EvilTwin
At what point were you eating and thinking, "maybe looking at a video of people getting beheaded will be good for my appetite?"
Also, this. Why were you watching people getting Dooku'd anyway?
#42 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

@BlackLagoon said:

@jakob187 said:

Seriously, what the hell harm comes from legalizing the possession and distribution of narcotics? Portugal did it

Not according to Wikipedia. Drugs are still illegal, they just use drug rehabilitation and community service instead of prison.

I'm sorry. I should've specified "decriminalization" rather than "legalize".

It doesn't mean I support legalization any less, though. My brother got a year and a half of probation for having a quarter of a joint on him, and he's not a goddamn threat to anyone. I've got a lot of friends that are potheads and dope fiends, and while I don't agree with their use of drugs, it doesn't mean they aren't productive members of society. They just also happen to like getting high.

I don't know. I think everyone should have the right to do drugs if they want to without any type of criminal repercussions unless those drugs are infringing on the rights of someone else or they harm someone under the influence of those drugs.

Sure, there is a sticky slope to deal with in that. What about parents who will do drugs rather than taking care of their kids? What about people that will abuse drugs and lead to their own death? What about this and that? Well, here's the question you have to ask yourself: is illegality stopping that from happening right now? No. Therefore, what are we wasting all this money on?

Moreover, I thoroughly agree in more rehabilitation and therapy options than incarceration, jail time, and fines. I've seen the improvements that "drug court" (essentially the same thing as what Portugal does - rehab and therapy) has done for my brother. It's incredible. It's a policy we need more of in the U.S.

#43 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

So much evil and madness coming from human individuals such as you and me. Damn the world's a mess.

#44 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Here's a video of Jeff eating waffles, NOT pancakes!!!!

[Link removed by moderator].

#45 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Morbid curiosity is a fascinating thing.

#46 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Was the original video the one of the guy that gets beheaded by a chainsaw and the guy (nephew i believe) next to him is just sitting there with a straight face looking straight, who then gets beheaded by a freaking knife?

Because that was a really messed up video.

#47 Edited by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook: I believe that's the one. Christ that was some messed up shit. The fact that this makes all of us cringe is proof that video games do not desensitize us at all. That being said i didn't look away but i was not happy at all during the process, certainly worse then that other video from Russia that surfaced a couple years ago.

#48 Posted by darkdragonmage99 (741 posts) -

And this is the kinda thing Prohibition brings you 

#49 Posted by Th3_James (2579 posts) -

Doesn't really bother me. Gore with humans has no effect on me, but on animals it does.

#50 Posted by efman (212 posts) -

Seeing this thread in passing, with all the links to said websites removed, as per the criteria of what's allowed and what isn't on these boards, I, like an idiot, sought the video out by way of the inescapable urge of morbid curisity. Watching through the corner of my eyeball, I'm glad I shut the page down, 4-5 second after things get going. What I saw, I wish I could unsee.