#1 Edited by The_Tolman (435 posts) -

So i was just flipping through the market place and came upon a Cod Black Ops dlc in the "new releases" section. Something must have gone horribly wrong. Check it out!

Thats a lot of cash!

#2 Posted by Brendan (8167 posts) -

Fucking Micro$oft...the ba$tards.

#3 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Oh Microsoft.. you so crazy.

#4 Posted by CptBedlam (4460 posts) -

Don't be so cheap.

#5 Posted by Grilledcheez (3958 posts) -

It's worth it bro, cod's fuggin sick

#6 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3088 posts) -

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for DLC today.

#7 Posted by glyn (382 posts) -

Is that how much Peter Molyneuxs child costs?

#8 Edited by The_Tolman (435 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

Don't be so cheap.

Doing the math, this calculates to roughly $53,687,091.19. What am I Romney?

#9 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

That's not MS Points, that's in Zimbabwean Dollars. $429,426,729,50. is about the price of a bunch of bananas over there. So it's a pretty good deal if you ask me,

#10 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1733 posts) -

Sneaky!

#11 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

@Scooper said:

That's not MS Points, that's in Zimbabwean Dollars. $429,426,729,50. is about the price of a bunch of bananas over there. So it's a pretty good deal if you ask me,

aren't they using USD's in zimbabwe now?

also I'm pretty sure there was just an error and that's the highest value you can have of microsoft points.

#12 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Course this happened with Minecraft on the 360 when it came Out if i recall right. Chances are its just a bug. 

#13 Edited by Puddlesworth (59 posts) -

If anyone is curious that is the largest number that can be represented in a 32bit unsigned integer. The way signed integers are defined, the same bits that define that huge number (2^32 - 1) as an unsigned integer also represent a -1 in signed integers.

#14 Posted by The_Tolman (435 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Scooper said:

That's not MS Points, that's in Zimbabwean Dollars. $429,426,729,50. is about the price of a bunch of bananas over there. So it's a pretty good deal if you ask me,

aren't they using USD's in zimbabwe now?

also I'm pretty sure there was just an error and that's the highest value you can have of microsoft points.

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Course this happened with Minecraft on the 360 when it came Out if i recall right. Chances are its just a bug.

Well I mean of course its an error.

#15 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

@The_Tolman said:

@Animasta said:

@Scooper said:

That's not MS Points, that's in Zimbabwean Dollars. $429,426,729,50. is about the price of a bunch of bananas over there. So it's a pretty good deal if you ask me,

aren't they using USD's in zimbabwe now?

also I'm pretty sure there was just an error and that's the highest value you can have of microsoft points.

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Course this happened with Minecraft on the 360 when it came Out if i recall right. Chances are its just a bug.

Well I mean of course its an error.

Haha. People are so strait and literal around here. OP knows it's a bug, he's just making fun and people have to be so matter-of-fact about everything lol. It's hilarious.

#16 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

Well what are you waiting for, you dope? Add some Microsoft Points!

#17 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1542 posts) -

We need to pool together the $53.7m worth of Microsoft points to actually purchase this.

#18 Edited by Sogeman (878 posts) -

I guess no one in Italy gives a shit about COD or otherwise someone would have fixed it by now.

PS: You can't even have that much on your account. I think the max is 70k or something like that.

#19 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (928 posts) -

@The_Tolman said:

@Animasta said:

@Scooper said:

That's not MS Points, that's in Zimbabwean Dollars. $429,426,729,50. is about the price of a bunch of bananas over there. So it's a pretty good deal if you ask me,

aren't they using USD's in zimbabwe now?

also I'm pretty sure there was just an error and that's the highest value you can have of microsoft points.

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Course this happened with Minecraft on the 360 when it came Out if i recall right. Chances are its just a bug.

Well I mean of course its an error.

not an error, this what they do to anything that's meant to be limited or not sold to the public. Same thing happened to things like gold weapons in gears. People used to just link to the download so now they make it impossible to purchase and basically require codes.

Unless you're Italian then ya shit be fucked

#20 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

First the horrible E3 conference, NOW THIS. DAMN YOU MICROSOOOOOFT....

#21 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@The_Tolman: THE NUMBERS! WHAT DO THEY MEAN!!!

#22 Posted by SlapHappyJesus (120 posts) -

Same thing came up when Minecraft first launched on the 360. Just a hiccup as far as I can tell.

#23 Posted by Veektarius (5028 posts) -

-1 does not equal 430 million. I am a statistician, so I know this.

#24 Posted by paulwade1984 (479 posts) -

@Puddlesworth said:

If anyone is curious that is the largest number that can be represented in a 32bit unsigned integer. The way signed integers are defined, the same bits that define that huge number (2^32 - 1) as an unsigned integer also represent a -1 in signed integers.

This is why it happened.

tldr version - Its a bug.

#25 Posted by The_Tolman (435 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@The_Tolman: THE NUMBERS! WHAT DO THEY MEAN!!!

Every time I add them up, I always get 23! Someone call Jim Carrey.

#26 Posted by AiurFlux (902 posts) -

@Veektarius said:

-1 does not equal 430 million. I am a statistician, so I know this.

To our knowledge. But of you believe in the multiverse theory then it is possible that in some other universe -1 does actually equal 4.3 billion. And in some other universe I didn't make this post.

You heard it here first, Microsoft is an inter-dimensional company bent on world domination. Kind of like Pinky and The Brain, but not as cute.

#27 Posted by Ley_Lines (262 posts) -

@Puddlesworth said:

If anyone is curious that is the largest number that can be represented in a 32bit unsigned integer. The way signed integers are defined, the same bits that define that huge number (2^32 - 1) as an unsigned integer also represent a -1 in signed integers.

This fellow is correct, this was the case with halo reach via the on demand service prior to release. It is there to prevent purchase of content that needs to be available to some but unavaliable to others. In this case, it is likely an American (notice the mccain avatar pic) is trying to download the Italian version of the DLC. MS is likely trying to help by preventing the purchase of unusable DLC.

#28 Posted by Arker101 (1472 posts) -

@Veektarius said:

-1 does not equal 430 million. I am a statistician, so I know this.

In Soviet Russia, 430 Million DOES equal -1. Sorry about that.

#29 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3245 posts) -

I'll email them and tell them I like to be kissed when I'm getting fucked.

#30 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3245 posts) -

Micro$oftlol

#31 Posted by laserbolts (5370 posts) -

Just sign up to xbiox live rewards and do a survey every week for the next billion years and you can buy it.

#32 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1203 posts) -

I think I'll wait until it's on sale.

#33 Posted by Irvandus (2899 posts) -

This made me laugh.

Online
#34 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

4 8 15 16 23 42

#35 Posted by RandomHero666 (3184 posts) -

That's what Microsoft do with new releases, if it gets onto the marketplace before release it will be a stupidly large price, so nobody will buy it.

#36 Posted by Owlhead (154 posts) -

@TooWalrus: I see what you did there...

#37 Posted by Sidonic (34 posts) -

Why so cheap? Huh Micro$oft?

#38 Posted by Village_Guy (2667 posts) -

This happens every now and then, its just a bug in the system, they usually fix it within a day or so...

I think Microsoft also set Halo: Reach at that price, so people couldn't buy it, but reviewers got send a code and could redeem it through Xbox Live to download the game.

#39 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -

This never would have happened if we could pay with Brad Bucks.

#40 Posted by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -

this is the best thing that i've ever seen