• 85 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Microsoft's Xbox Live customer rewards program is now a real, working program. A year or so after testing the waters with a beta of sorts, Microsoft has launched "Xbox Live Rewards," a loyalty program not unlike Club Nintendo or even Sony's forthcoming PlayStation Rewards. By spending Microsoft Points, taking surveys, or renewing your Xbox Live subscription, Rewards members will be able to earn free Space Dollars and can even be entered into "exclusive promotions" for chances to win "cool prizes." 

Here's the chart of what's available now: 

As with all good rewards programs, there's no apparent downside to being a part of Xbox Live Rewards. You just get free stuff for being a customer. But you should note that rewards aren't retroactive; once you sign up, you start fresh. For example, old Live subscribers who use Netflix won't be able to get the 100 MSP for activating the video streaming program since it's already been activated.  

Getting in on the action is simple. If you're from the US or UK, just hit this link, sign in, and wait until Microsoft sends you an e-mail.

In other somewhat related news, Microsoft has kicked off another "Bonus" rewards month. In December, if you buy two Xbox Live Arcade games, you'll get 400 MSP back towards the purchase of anything. This one requires a few hoops to jump through first, so definitely visit the registration page before you start spending.

[Thanks for the tip, Devon!]
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Microsoft's Xbox Live customer rewards program is now a real, working program. A year or so after testing the waters with a beta of sorts, Microsoft has launched "Xbox Live Rewards," a loyalty program not unlike Club Nintendo or even Sony's forthcoming PlayStation Rewards. By spending Microsoft Points, taking surveys, or renewing your Xbox Live subscription, Rewards members will be able to earn free Space Dollars and can even be entered into "exclusive promotions" for chances to win "cool prizes." 

Here's the chart of what's available now: 

As with all good rewards programs, there's no apparent downside to being a part of Xbox Live Rewards. You just get free stuff for being a customer. But you should note that rewards aren't retroactive; once you sign up, you start fresh. For example, old Live subscribers who use Netflix won't be able to get the 100 MSP for activating the video streaming program since it's already been activated.  

Getting in on the action is simple. If you're from the US or UK, just hit this link, sign in, and wait until Microsoft sends you an e-mail.

In other somewhat related news, Microsoft has kicked off another "Bonus" rewards month. In December, if you buy two Xbox Live Arcade games, you'll get 400 MSP back towards the purchase of anything. This one requires a few hoops to jump through first, so definitely visit the registration page before you start spending.

[Thanks for the tip, Devon!]
#2 Edited by Jumbs (228 posts) -

Hooray! 

Except it's not available in Australia. Great. 

Got the quest done though!

#3 Edited by RecallBerserk (142 posts) -

yeah, cool points. Free points FTW

#4 Posted by ZimboDK (848 posts) -

Surveys? Huh, seems kinda stupid.

#5 Edited by dr_eiff (2 posts) -

aaa frst? 

#6 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -

There's no better way to test than with a test, eh Brad?

I'm 60 points shy of being able to get the Lynyrd Skynyrd pack for Rock Band 3.  Fortunately, it's time for me to renew XBL.

#7 Posted by Visari (25 posts) -

no not to all =_= to USA and UK as fucking always... the rest of the world pays the same if not more and gets basicly not even half of the shit... but complaining will never help..

#8 Posted by Purple_Proletarius (170 posts) -

Will I get points if I buy a Live card, or do I have to renew it over Live?

#9 Edited by Jaqen_HGhar (787 posts) -

Yeah, seems this is only open for residents of the US and UK. Which is kind of a bummer seeing how I live in the cold north, aka Norway. 
And I just saw the article stated that very fact. -1 point for reading.

#10 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2452 posts) -

Sounds cool, doesn't seem to be available in Australia though.

#11 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

WTF is wrong with them.  God damn all they have to do is say redeem your gamerscore for a ridiculously reduced amount of Microsoft points and I'll be happy.

#12 Posted by gorydeath (48 posts) -

Canadians gets shafted again for being north of the border...oh well...didn't need to spend money anyway
#13 Posted by Mutt (4 posts) -

Well you know this was coming. They copy from everyone else. Still a good idea though.

#14 Edited by wipu (48 posts) -
@Jumbs said:

" Hooray!  Except it's not available in Australia. Great.  Got the quest done though! "

Neither in Finland... 

Unfortunately, residents of your area are not eligible to participate in Xbox LIVE Rewards.  

btw. Nice save Brad changing the title ;)  "Opens To All" turning to "Kicks Off"
#15 Posted by mnzy (2909 posts) -

Only US and UK? I think I've seen this before...

#16 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Not really a fan of these but might as well try it...

#17 Edited by WiFiPirate (135 posts) -

Ok, but what is "Sky"? 
*nevermind. I wonder if they will have any subscription promotions for the US like Sky?*

#18 Edited by MythDarK (522 posts) -

Not available in most parts of Europe I guess. At least not in Sweden.
But I had the ad in my dashborad though. :S

#19 Posted by kilaen (16 posts) -

Oh sure, launch this a week after I purchase the Family Plan......

#20 Edited by Riddell (342 posts) -

So basically the only thing that applies to me is taking part in a survey every month for 20 points (17 pence in GBP) a go? No thanks.

#21 Posted by MrYevrah (40 posts) -
@WiFiPirate: its a satellite tv service in the UK 
#22 Posted by rahulricky (203 posts) -

I got 400 points just for signing up, i'm already happy with it

#23 Posted by White_Silhouette (468 posts) -

Really seems odd that this isn't available to canadians

#24 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

Lame, not even available in Canada :/

#25 Posted by ashton (310 posts) -

hmmm Microsoft may have just convinced me to voluntarily do surveys.

#26 Posted by Genjai (300 posts) -
@WiFiPirate said:
" Ok, but what is "Sky"? *nevermind. I wonder if they will have any subscription promotions for the US like Sky?* "
Oh, yeah, that's Bioshock Infinite.
#27 Posted by Turbo_Toaster (948 posts) -

Club Nintendo is worth doing surveys for because you get REAL ACTUAL THINGS as a result. I dun't care for fun-bucks that buy more fun-bucks.

#28 Posted by EVILfunkster (71 posts) -

Seems like it's fucked to me, not got my 20 points yet and keep getting errors.

#29 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

good idea for them. it's going to take a while for me to get 800 points to get something i think.

#30 Posted by Deathpooky (1342 posts) -

This sounded really cool until I saw the chart of what you get rewards for.  So basically I get a small discount on renewing my account?  Thanks Xbox.  But I'd rather you just not jack up the price on Gold Members next time.

#31 Posted by SilenceUK (328 posts) -

They can go shove it tbh theres no back dating of points and noreward for current members 6 years means nothing to them it seems real kick in the teeth 

i love the service but really? no nothing for being around for the past 6 years ?
#32 Posted by CookieMonster (2408 posts) -

I'll do anything for free moneyz 

#33 Posted by Lazyaza (2136 posts) -

Seems alright, will be nice when its actually available in my country though.  I'm sure like everything cool we'll get it several months/years later.  :p

#34 Posted by Aviar (365 posts) -

I love that they did this about a month after they raised the price for the gold membership, and offered that 2 year deal with a renewal.  Is this retro-active a point?  If not, that kind of sucks.

#35 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -

Earn points by spending points!

Preposterous!
*monocle pops out of eye socket*
#36 Posted by ProjekD (12 posts) -

I was one of the people who was part if the closed testing and I got free live points for just renewing my account. So it's pretty good if you don't mind getting stuff at random.

#37 Posted by SIL (6 posts) -

Could be interesting

#38 Posted by adamfedoruk (214 posts) -

I signed up yesterday, still no email. Anyone else with that issue?

#39 Posted by CaptainCody (1504 posts) -

So many quarters!
#40 Posted by Aaron_G (1603 posts) -

I need to sign up for this. 

#41 Posted by HubrisRanger (470 posts) -

"Cool prizes"?!?

#42 Posted by Andheez (572 posts) -

Kinda blows, I just renewed my subscription under the early renewal  program & i saw a 1 year card for $35 so I bought it and am now good for 2 years and get nothing for it.  Guess its better than  $60 though.

#43 Posted by gakon (1940 posts) -

When Microsoft did their Old Spice promotion a few years ago, I went about and spent maybe $8 to rent games to get the 1500 points I needed to win the reward.  The reward?  A $5 copy of Contra! 

You win this round, Microsoft.

#44 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

Well, that explains the price hike.

#45 Posted by dreadhead (12 posts) -

Hmm I am Canadian and was able to sign up. No idea if it will work or not though. I am guessing it wont since they have no way of doing a "skill testing" question.

#46 Posted by LtKetch (49 posts) -

Let me know when this becomes available north of the 49th.

#47 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

Sweet, does this new rewards service mean dropping the price to play on Live for some people? It doesn't? Well I guess I'll just keep playing on my superior and free online service then. Get fucked Microsoft.

#48 Posted by Jamer91 (132 posts) -

does anyone know what "Sky" is?

#49 Posted by Jolt92 (1529 posts) -

All of us non UK and US members gets fucked up the ass so much with your shit Microsoft I'm getting fucking tired of it. Give me the same stuff you assholes, goddamn...

#50 Posted by MattyFTM (14243 posts) -
@Jamer91 said:
" does anyone know what "Sky" is? "
It's a UK satellite TV service. You can set up a 360 to access their online "Sky Player" in the UK