Miracle on Samsung street

Dooops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Dooops

*Update* So I had created a ticket a couple of weeks ago about my son breaking my 60 inch TV that I had purchased in June of this year. http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/my-son-broke-my-60inch-tv/524666/?page=1 After the incident, I wrote a letter explaining the situation to the owner of the local business where I purchased the televison. He forwarded that letter to Samsung. *magic pixie dust* Samsung replaced the entire television for free!! I was asked to come pick up the brand new TV ,bring it home, remove it from the box, put the old one in and bring it back to them. Not only that, but he printed out a new receipt for me so that my warrantee restarted with this new TV! Why am I posting about this? First I am happy as can be and it's nice to see something cheerful as a thread instead of the usual bickering. Second, try supporting local businesses instead of big box stores. They usually price match if not beat all their prices. Plus as you can see, the odds are your customer service will be great. And last but not least, I felt I owed Samsung a bit of PR since they replaced my television for free! :)

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Woah, that is pretty awesome :D

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Matfei90

I always buy Samsung panels for my monitors and televisions, and I think they're an awesome conglomerate based off their product alone. But this kind of gesture is fantastic.

Whenever you deal with a gigantic company you feel insignificant to them, so this is nice.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

Pretty awesome, duder!

The real question is did you end up selling your son to gypsies as the second post in your original thread suggests?

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By JCTango

Heh, that's a pretty good story... one you could probably pass on to your kid when he gets older.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By napalm

Usually businesses are more than willing to help you as long as you don't run in there screaming, yelling, and blaming everybody for your problems. Exercising restraint and care usually yields positive results.

CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By CosmicQueso

That's awesome... I love my Samsung. Woot great customer service.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Example1013

@Napalm said:

Usually businesses are more than willing to help you as long as you don't run in there screaming, yelling, and blaming everybody for your problems. Exercising restraint and care usually yields positive results.

Never had to deal with Microsoft, I take it.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By napalm
@Example1013 said:

@Napalm said:

In store, and yes, I have. No real issues.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Example1013

@Napalm said:

@Example1013 said:

@Napalm said:

In store, and yes, I have. No real issues.

Besides their legendary XBox Live subscription dealings, I tried to call and get the proper license for my copy of Windows 7 because the wrong stickers were on the discs, and spent 15 minutes on the phone with a woman trying to tell me that I was going to have to pay $300 for a full license. The conversation ended with her actually hanging up on me! I called back and I'm pretty sure I got the same person, but I bitched as though it was a different person. I really should've reported something, but at this point I can't say I'll ever knowingly purchase another Microsoft service in my life, so I'm not worried about it.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlinkyTM

Awesome. Congratulations on your new t.v.!

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BlinkyTM

@Example1013 said:

@Napalm said:

Yeah, sometimes you get real jerks over there. I called when my Gears 2 was having problems (Due to glitch) and the guy was pretty condescending. I just gave it back to him (sort of). I'm not very combative lol.