Mirror's Edge Demo

Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 11

Edited By Ross

So there has been a ton of skepticism about Mirror's Edge from gamers to press.  The demo has just come out on PS3 and here are my impressions.  The first thing I'll say is about the graphics is that they are overall very good.  The only downside are some jaggies.  Personally I think the gameplay shined.  The controls are intuitive but seem like they will take some time to master.  I know those aren't very many impressions but it is 6:30 in the morning here so leave a comment with what you think about the demo.

Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Ross

So there has been a ton of skepticism about Mirror's Edge from gamers to press.  The demo has just come out on PS3 and here are my impressions.  The first thing I'll say is about the graphics is that they are overall very good.  The only downside are some jaggies.  Personally I think the gameplay shined.  The controls are intuitive but seem like they will take some time to master.  I know those aren't very many impressions but it is 6:30 in the morning here so leave a comment with what you think about the demo.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By get2sammyb

It's expectedly awesome man. I, like you am a tad disappointed with the jaggies but I feel like if they don't fix them before release they might be able to patch fix them later on? It's only the odd wire and stuff that suffers. Gotta be fixable right?

Other than that - music, character design, controls, everything were awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

You know, Halo 3 had a problem with jaggies, and I didn't really get too upset about that. 

I still need to try this out, see if it is every bit as frustrating as I expect it to be.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By get2sammyb
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"You know, Halo 3 had a problem with jaggies, and I didn't really get too upset about that. 

I still need to try this out, see if it is every bit as frustrating as I expect it to be."
Your opinion will dramatically change.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

get2sammyb said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
"You know, Halo 3 had a problem with jaggies, and I didn't really get too upset about that. 

I still need to try this out, see if it is every bit as frustrating as I expect it to be."
Your opinion will dramatically change."
I just remember the IGN video where the lead producer tried to play the opening level, and spent a literal ten minutes trying to keep his balance while walking across a perilously-placed pipeline. 
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By get2sammyb
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"get2sammyb said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:

Your opinion will dramatically change."
I just remember the IGN video where the lead producer tried to play the opening level, and spent a literal ten minutes trying to keep his balance while walking across a perilously-placed pipeline. "
Well if he did they've fixed that because I spent a few seconds trying to keep balance on a perilously-place pipeline (nice alliteration).

It works dude - just give it a go. It makes you feel badass. Well it made me feel badass at least.
Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Bennyishere

I like it. Nice graphics and animation. What I don't like, however, is that it's the same damn level that has been shown to every press outlet since it was announced.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How long is the demo, approximately?

Also, since it is the level we've seen a few times, how much freedom is allowed?  How narrow is this game's definition of "Free Roam"?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By get2sammyb
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"How long is the demo, approximately?

Also, since it is the level we've seen a few times, how much freedom is allowed?  How narrow is this game's definition of "Free Roam"?"
The demo is approximately 15 minutes. It's not exactly free roam because you're given an objective in this particular section. I haven't tried looking for alternate routes.
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Oriental_Jams

I enjoyed it, quite long, enough to settle my opinion on the game.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Karmum

Gets me even more excited -- getting a copy next week. You know there is a way not to post this in a specific board, right?