#1 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

Mobile GiantBomb! What is SexyToad talking about? There no such thing? But there should. Many times I check up on giantbomb on my iPhone. It loads up the desktop version which is fine but then let's say I want to quote some one. I CANT. Let's say whatever I'm posting needs to be big... I CAN'T! Let's say I want to post a pic of giantbomb girl advice line on yet another girl issue topic... I CAN'T! Let's say I broke my left thumb and I want to go on giant bomb. I can but I would have to put my phone close to my face since I can't zoom in. So who else wants a mobile site!?!?!?

#2 Edited by Zacagawea (1613 posts) -

There already is one you sexy yet clueless toad. It's for premium members only, though.

It's also not very good.

#3 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
@Zacagawea

There already is one you sexy yet clueless toad. It's for premium members only, though.

It's also not very good.

Came here to say this exact thing.

It's by no means awful, but it gets the job done. Just wish you could edit posts.
#4 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@joshthebear: Yes. Sometimes I accidently reply without finishing my message.

Also, comments tend to loop, clicking more would start you over.

#5 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

Uh then for the general public?

#6 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
@SexyToad
Uh then for the general public?
Nope. There used to be an iPhone app but they stopped working/updating it.
#7 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

The mobile site alone is totally worth the $5 a month. So are all of the other features. Support the site and get some awesome stuff.

#8 Posted by MCXCI (140 posts) -
@Zacagawea

It's also not very good.

I disagree. I think the Giant Bomb Mobile site is very good. It allows easy access to all the sites main features.

What do you find lacking?
#9 Posted by Demoskinos (15147 posts) -

Yeah, for real. I paid $50 for the year and its WELL worth it for me. HTML5 video and HTML5 theater, Premium video and HD Video as well as the Mobile site along with no ads. Tons of great stuff and its WELL worth the price of admission.

#10 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

I feel so poor...

#11 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -
@Pato said:
@Zacagawea

It's also not very good.

I disagree. I think the Giant Bomb Mobile site is very good. It allows easy access to all the sites main features. What do you find lacking?
I think it's fine for what it is- I'm not complaining, but it would be cool if you could post photos or at least edit your posts.
#12 Posted by MCXCI (140 posts) -
@TooWalrus
@Pato said:
@Zacagawea

It's also not very good.

I disagree. I think the Giant Bomb Mobile site is very good. It allows easy access to all the sites main features. What do you find lacking?
I think it's fine for what it is- I'm not complaining, but it would be cool if you could post photos or at least edit your posts.
Sounds like everybody wants a better text-editor for the mobile site. Time to call @Snide and flex some of that CBSi muscle and/or cash.

I like the mobile site but I think it would be cool if they made a native app for iOS and Android. I'd pay for native app and then they could make the mobile site free.
#13 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I use the full site on my phone and it works great.

#14 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

I guess I understand why it is a premium only thing, but still. In this day and age, you would think that mobile would be one of those things they would want to get out to everyone.

#15 Posted by Zacagawea (1613 posts) -

Maybe saying it's not very good is over doing it, but I feel it definitely could be more fully featured.

It'll probably happen, just a matter of when.

#16 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3085 posts) -

I never use it.

#17 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Yeah, for real. I paid $50 for the year and its WELL worth it for me. HTML5 video and HTML5 theater, Premium video and HD Video as well as the Mobile site along with no ads. Tons of great stuff and its WELL worth the price of admission.

RSS feeds to iTunes so I wake up and watch new content. Amazing!

#18 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

It's only 5 bucks a month and you get a ton of features for premium membership. Totally worth it in my opinion.

#19 Posted by Brendan (8136 posts) -

With the crazy high screen resolutions of modern phones, the desktop site doesn't even seem like a bad option if you just scroll in on stuff you want to see.

#20 Posted by jking47 (1248 posts) -

It is only 5 bucks a month, you are not that poor if you can afford an iphone and a computer with a working internet connection.

#21 Posted by ajamafalous (12154 posts) -

Honestly I use the full site from my phone more than the mobile site. Only time I ever use the mobile is if I want to look at the wiki because that's broken if I try to use the desktop site on my phone.

#22 Posted by rynbeed (143 posts) -

The text editor could be better, but I'd say that I do over 80% of my Giantbombing on the mobile site and have no issues with it.