• 80 results
#1 Posted by Demoskinos (14769 posts) -

So I thought I'd make this thread simply because I think Giantbomb has some of the best mods around. I've been around the forum scene from GameFAQS to 1up and other forums and honestly these forums are among the most pleasant to visit much in part to the mods. I've never seen any real favoritism or throwing their weight around. They enforce the rules but are fair and generally keep the riff raff out. And holy god... is crazy. His stat blogs that he makes are incredible. So, hey I just thought if you like hanging out on the forums that possibly some of you might want to just stop in the thread and simply say thanks to the mods. They are incredibly accomidating. Hell, petitioned the mods for weeks to let us WWE fans have our own little corner where we could discuss wrestling and they totally let us do it after some back and forth.

So heres to you guys. , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Thanks for making Giantbomb a pleasant experience!

#2 Posted by Forderz (247 posts) -

No love.

I'm not on GB a lot, but when I am here, I'm always aware of the incredible amount of time and dedication put towards making this place 20% more duder-friendly. Pat yourself on the back, mods.

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13167 posts) -

That one with the moon avatar was pretty rad. What was his name?

#4 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

I hate 3/5 of the mods here, but happy Mod day er whatever.

#5 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

I have no love for a buncha cockgobblers!

@TooWalrus said:

Wasn't he same guy that left GB with a long, long melodramatic post?

#6 Posted by TooWalrus (13167 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

@TooWalrus said:

That's the joke.

#7 Posted by Hailinel (24409 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

@TooWalrus said:

Was Endogene a mod? It's been so long since he frequented the forums that I can't remember.

#8 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@eroticfishcake said:

@TooWalrus said:

That's the joke.

I know. I just couldn't remember his name.

#9 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Giant bomb, we have everything from a sexualized hamburger, a deliciously edible pie made of zombie and a bear with balls on his face!

Thanks for your hard work mods.

#10 Posted by pyromagnestir (4299 posts) -

@Demoskinos: What horrible misdeed are you planning? It must be pretty rough if you need to butter up to the mods so blatantly before unveiling it.

But indeed, the mods here are doing gods work. It must not be easy keeping this den of insanity and inanity in check. Thanks duders and duderetts (is that what was agreed upon for female duder?)

(seriously does this buy me a get out of jail free pass? can I go start a thread that is just for posting youtube clips of cats beating up dogs and not have it locked?) (PS I'm kidding)

#11 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

I've shown my ass more than once on these forums. The mods have been very patient with me. Thanks for giving me time to grow up.

#12 Posted by TooWalrus (13167 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@eroticfishcake said:

@TooWalrus said:

Was Endogene a mod? It's been so long since he frequented the forums that I can't remember.

I think so, but I'm pretty sure he was a Wiki mod, so I don't think he dealt much with the forums.

#13 Posted by Demoskinos (14769 posts) -

@pyromagnestir: Not a damn thing. I Was rewatching the last Design talk video with Alexis and Dave and Ryan and Dave mentioned the mods and how fucking crazy hard they work and It just sparked an idea to make this.

#14 Posted by believer258 (11800 posts) -

Yeah the mods here are (mostly) all right.

#15 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

I thought this was about mods. Like minecraft mods or something else like that. Oh well... Go Sweep!

#16 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

shares my disdain for relationship/girl advice threads, so he's alright by me. is almost always the one to reset my flag ability when I use that crazy PM all mods thing, so he too is alright by me. has testicles on his face; better luck next time.

#17 Posted by BombcastGoldthwait (250 posts) -

Never had a problem with the mods, I have had a couple things locked, but it was understandable, and they were always cool to me about it. So Happy Birthday Mods! It is their birthday right?

#18 Posted by Roflwaffles (184 posts) -

There's some brown stuff on your nose.

#19 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Roflwaffles said:

That's a freckle.

#20 Posted by pyromagnestir (4299 posts) -

@Subjugation: There's a calling all mods button? Where is it?

@Demoskinos: While I suspected that was the case, I'm disappointed to have you confirm it. Some potential evil on the horizon keeps things interesting.

Also I'm starting to think my cats beating up dogs thread is not such a bad idea after all. What if all the videos had to have the Mortal Kombat movie theme playing over them, thereby making them (sorta) video game related? Hmmm...? Who's gonna shut me down?

#21 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

@Roflwaffles said:

Yeah, mods are cool. I disagree a bit with some of the policies they enforce, but mostly they're reasonable and make the right decisions.

It'd be cool if we also had a corrupt mod like that amir0x guy at NeoGAF who had his position forcibly revoked (kidding, mostly).

#22 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -

Thanks mods for not banning me yet!

#23 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Nah, Im kidding.  The mods on this site are pretty cool and so far I havent ran into any problems with them.  
#24 Posted by Demoskinos (14769 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Oh man. I forgot that song existed. Its so good.

#25 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

Mods here are much better in comparison to other sites.

Our forums rule TL;DR?

#26 Posted by pyromagnestir (4299 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Roflwaffles said:

Yeah, mods are cool. I disagree a bit with some of the policies they enforce, but mostly they're reasonable and make the right decisions.

It'd be cool if we also had a corrupt mod like that amir0x guy at NeoGAF who had his position forcibly revoked (kidding, mostly).

I'm now picturing The Shield, only Vic Mackey is an overzealous mod of a videogame website. I think this could be gold.

#27 Posted by NegativeCero (2995 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Wait, what? I need to hear about this. Was the guy taking bribes on who to allow to use the forums or something? How does one be a corrupt mod?
#28 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

@FluxWaveZ: Wait, what? I need to hear about this. Was the guy taking bribes on who to allow to use the forums or something? How does one be a corrupt mod?

Ah, sorry, I was really using "corrupt" in the non bribery or personal gaining sense. I actually meant it as he was the "worst mod ever". Searching "amir0x" on Google just shows how many people hated the guy and he eventually got his status removed by the administrator of the site for being too much of an asshole.

#29 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

I'm fine with the mods, they can get a bit out of hand sometimes, but they're pretty good at keeping themselves in check most of the time.

#30 Posted by Butano (1731 posts) -

D'aww, I thought this was gonna be a place where everyone said what their favorite PC game mods were. Disappointed.

PS: Though, the GB mods are pretty good too!

#31 Edited by TurboMan (7506 posts) -

Thanks mods for not banning me for:

Coming up with Question of the Hour because of that dude's "Question of the Day" posts.

Talking openly about how much I hated a certain group of people that made a certain community magazine.

Taking advantage of the wiki system to earn quest points (got just a wiki ban for that one).

Being a part of a group of people that continued to push Hitmanagent47's buttons.

Starting the wrestling revolution.

Trying to derail ZombiePie's Community Spotlight to the Wrestling Ring Spotlight.

Not banning me for sending a picture of myself dressed as Marilyn Monroe to certain members of the mod team (and thanks for the compliment, )

ok, the last one isn't true.

#32 Posted by NegativeCero (2995 posts) -

I forgot to actually give the mods a shout out in my first post (damn mobile site with no edit). Anyway, the GB mods are cool. Can't say I've run into some of them, but the ones I do definitely keep this place nice.

#33 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

I'm not here enough to say whether I like the mods or not, as I haven't really read their post or spoke to them.

#34 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

@pyromagnestir: It's in the FAQ.

PM all the mods at once to have your problem solved ASAP: PM Mods
#35 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Mods here are pretty great, its nice to see they have a sense of humour, one of them even has balls on there face!

#36 Posted by Sweep (8845 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

How does one be a corrupt mod?

It's not as difficult as it sounds.

#37 Edited by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Hell yeah, the mods here are great. They are strict and calm when they need to, and they stop all the trolls and spammers from infesting our website.

So thanks to MB, Sweep, BoG, Gamer_152, CitizenKane, MattyFTM and the rest of you for making this site a better place!

Cheers to ya'll!

#38 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

One day I'll join the ranks of mods to be able to complete the elusive mod-related quests!

Until then, I continue to plot, and at the same time give thanks to the mods for a job well done.

#39 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -
@TooWalrus

@eroticfishcake said:

@TooWalrus said:

That's the joke.

Holy shit. This is golden, hahah
#40 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

Gotta hand it to the GB mods, they're diligent, and down to earth.

I did manage to get on the bad side of them once, but I suppose all is forgiven in time.

#41 Posted by Daiphyer (1333 posts) -

Yeah, the mods here are awesome. Thanks for letting us dude these forums up.

#42 Edited by BoG (5187 posts) -

eh, I like that bog fella, but the rest o them are LAME-OHS. srsly f da mods.

(...thanks!)

#43 Posted by MattyFTM (14368 posts) -

The mods are all lame. Especially that guy with the testicle-faced bear avatar. Fuck him.

(Seriously though, thanks for the kind comments, it's always nice to know you're appreciated).

#44 Posted by Demoskinos (14769 posts) -

@MattyFTM: Oh god... now I can't unsee that.

#45 Posted by MattyFTM (14368 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Didn't you see it when the other forty people in the thread mentioned it? Also, for the record:

#46 Posted by pyromagnestir (4299 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

@pyromagnestir: It's in the FAQ.

PM all the mods at once to have your problem solved ASAP: PM Mods

Oh man, I should totally read the FAQ if it has such hidden gems as this in it.

Every time I use this button I will begin the message with "All units." I am not joking about this.

Perhaps photoshopping in a nose would help. How about one like this?

or perhaps this:

#47 Edited by Demoskinos (14769 posts) -

@pyromagnestir: Squidworth would worsen the problem. That would just make it look like a flaccid penis.

Edit: NEVERMIND! JOKES. I R DUMB.

#48 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

or perhaps this:

I don't know. Doesn't that look too close to ?

#49 Posted by Sweep (8845 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

@Demoskinos said:

Didn't you see it when the other forty people in the thread mentioned it? Also, for the record:

#50 Posted by JeanLuc (3579 posts) -

Thanks mods.