• 87 results
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By angelkanarias

I think the expression ''you don't appreciate it till it's gone'' applies here. I was in a sister webpage and came upon a message of a moderator saying he didn't think my comment was appropriate. I went to the thread and was amazed when I saw it was deleted. I thought I had the right to talk, but that's just an illusion outside giantbomb. I mean, if you go on and insult someone without any reason I can see how that could be deleted, but my comment, plainly because the moderator didn't see it fit under his personal opinion, was deleted without a discussion. Sometimes I feel powerless under the hammer of the moderators.I think moderating has to follow some guidelines, and I believe that's how it works here.

Anyways, I just want to say I love the moderators here. Thanks for being fair and hearing people out and letting us curse the hell out of anything we want (except if it is offensive).

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

When you become friends with them, it's pretty good. I got them to warn someone for calling me a dipshit the other day. Thanks, guys.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By No0b0rAmA

So what site was it?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude
No Caption Provided
xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By xpgamer7

Yeah, they're pretty awesome. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By KaosAngel

Half the mods hate me, the rest are cool.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By hockeymask27

Yeah they are pretty awesome.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Tireyo

I don't really give anyone any trouble, or really intend to do so. Don't matter if they are a moderator or not.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By meteora

They're all pretty cool.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee
@KaosAngel said:
From what I can tell half of Giant bombhates you.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KaosAngel
@Abyssfull said:
@KaosAngel said:
But the rest love me, so it's good odds.
NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NoXious

Everytime I try to flag some spammer with nothing but links under a video, I get told to contact our moderators.

But they frighten me so much  -  so I haven't dared PM one yet! Moderators just creep me out when they are random folk on the internet I have never spoken to.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PillClinton

I'm just tired of cooking up a great comment for a stupid thread, only to have that thread locked before I post.  Darn drunk-with-power mods!  

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Some of them are just straight up morons.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By angelkanarias
@No0b0rAmA said:
So what site was it?
screened
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By FancySoapsMan

They take forever to lock some threads but anytime my threads get locked it usually only gets about 10 posts :(

kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By kingclaw

Yeah, I like them too. Hello mods!!!

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Yep, good job mod squad. 

@Abyssfull: So true....

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mordukai

Frankly I think only two mods here are actually cool but that opinion come more from a lack of interactions with the rest. I think it's just too much work for no real pay to be a mod but I guess it's really up to the individual if they want to dedicated time out of their life in order to monitor people on the internet. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By Yummylee
@angelkanarias said:
@No0b0rAmA said:
So what site was it?
screened
Oh wow.. that's a lot closer to home than I expected. I don't bother with the forums over there all that much so I can't judge how fair the mods are. I know Killjoi's a mod over there and he's a cool bloke, so I've always figured Screened's forums were like Giant Bomb's, just with movies. 

What was the comment that got deleted btw?
B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By B0nd07
@NoXious: Just click the "PM Mods" link here, tell them what and where the problem is (link to it), then tell them you're out of flags.  They'll take care of the problem and reset your karma, allowing you to flag again.  It's just that easy.  They're really all nice people.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By iam3green

they are nice people here. a lot of times they will come and discuss things instead of just lock threads. i take it sometimes there is nothing to do.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By angelkanarias
@Abyssfull said:
@angelkanarias said:
@No0b0rAmA said:
So what site was it?
screened
Oh wow.. that's a lot closer to home than I expected. I don't bother with the forums over there all that much so I can't judge how fair the mods are. I know Killjoi's a mod over there and he's a cool bloke, so I've always figured Screened's forums were like Giant Bomb's, just with movies.  What was the comment that got deleted btw?
I don't know about moders there too much but the first impression was lame. Anyways, I don't have the comment, it was deleted. I'm not going to deny it could have sounded unfriendly, but if you read the original article I commented you probably would be in rage mode also. Basically the guy went off saying an actress (the actual actress not her character) in Game of thrones was a bitch and the writer of the books didn't know what he was doing. Also the spelling and facts were pretty inaccurate. So I just pointed out all of it and said his post was immature, insulting and that he should start seeing another series because it was obvious he couldn't understand the depth of this one. And that is the ''worst'' thing I said, that he couldn't see the depth of the series. And they decided to erase it because the guy modified every single point I told him was wrong or inappropriate. 
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#24  Edited By natetodamax
@Abyssfull said:

@angelkanarias said:

@No0b0rAmA said:
So what site was it?
screened
Oh wow.. that's a lot closer to home than I expected. I don't bother with the forums over there all that much so I can't judge how fair the mods are. I know Killjoi's a mod over there and he's a cool bloke, so I've always figured Screened's forums were like Giant Bomb's, just with movies.  What was the comment that got deleted btw?
Screened has had some pretty bad mods, at least in the past. I remember there was this one mod lady who ragequit the site or something because someone was being mean. 

I'm sure it's better now. That was like 2 years ago.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KaosAngel
@natetodamax said:
That was like 2 years ago.
...the site is barely 1 year old.
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Skytylz

The only other forum on the internet I post on is Tested and they have like 3 mods.  They're all pretty cool so far.  

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By natetodamax
@KaosAngel said:
@natetodamax said:
... are you sure? I'm pretty sure the site was launched in 2009. The first reviews were posted in 2009.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@natetodamax said:
@KaosAngel said:
@natetodamax said:
... are you sure? I'm pretty sure the site was launched in 2009. The first reviews were posted in 2009.
No, the site launched in 2010.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KaosAngel
@natetodamax said:
@KaosAngel said:
@natetodamax said:
Might be Tested then, I retard.
Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By Mahonay

I would concur that they do a great job around here.  Pointless or just generally dumb threads almost always get locked.  I wouldn't bother posting around here otherwise.  Personally I appreciate it.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By natetodamax
@FluxWaveZ said:
@natetodamax said:
@KaosAngel said:
@natetodamax said:
Hm, well it's getting there.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KaosAngel
@natetodamax said:
@FluxWaveZ said:
@natetodamax said:
@KaosAngel said:
@natetodamax said:
I stand correct.  I not retard.
Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Subjugation
@KaosAngel said:
@natetodamax said:
@FluxWaveZ said:
@natetodamax said:
@KaosAngel said:
@natetodamax said:
Eh ... debatable. :)
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I don't remember ever being modded, so I'd say the mods here are good.

Yeah, I'd say that.

nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By nemt

They're better than mods at a place like GameFAQs but in general they suck. 
I can't remember the last time I didn't see a few good threads closed for specious reasons or a mod flat out saying "I think this topic is dumb" as his justification. 

PROTIP: This board is called Off-Topic for a reason.
FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36  Edited By FesteringNeon

I agree that the mods here do a great job. 
(Even the one I think holds a grudge against me for some unknown reason)

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MeierTheRed
@KaosAngel said:
@natetodamax said:
@FluxWaveZ said:
@natetodamax said:
@KaosAngel said:
@natetodamax said:
Come on, admit it. You are a little retarded, yes?
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By crusader8463

Just take a look at the very first post in this thread and you will see my main problem with the Mods here. They make friends with some users and let them get away with murder, or let obvious trolls continue to post on the site when they shouldn't be allowed to as long as they think it's funny. I will be the first one to say that it's a thankless job, because if you are doing it right no one notices you until you are telling someone they can't do what they want and then you just get yelled yet, but when you accept the position you accept that burden along with it.  

I understand that it's a slippery slope to go down, but there needs to be a common sense rule to ban the people in this community that are obvious trolls who just ruin the site for other people. There are a handful of people who post in ever forum that add absolutely nothing to the discussion but insulting other members or attempting to derail a thread. You know something needs to be done when these people have some of the highest post counts on the site.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Yeah, i must say the Giant Bomb moderators disappointed me by not letting the power get to them. (I usually walk into a newly-found website and talk about how moderators go rotten after the first year, it 's been working for years on several websites, but the Giant Bomb moderators managed to break my combo by going into their third year and being as helpful, fun and modest as they were day 1) 

Well, except for MB, easily one of my favorite moderators who think they're Rambo

Otherwise, terrific and awesome moderator squad indeed. 

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mylifeforAiur
@crusader8463 said:
Just take a look at the very first post in this thread and you will see my main problem with the Mods here. They make friends with some users and let them get away with murder, or let obvious trolls continue to post on the site when they shouldn't be allowed to as long as they think it's funny. I will be the first one to say that it's a thankless job, because if you are doing it right no one notices you until you are telling someone they can't do what they want and then you just get yelled yet, but when you accept the position you accept that burden along with it.   I understand that it's a slippery slope to go down, but there needs to be a common sense rule to ban the people in this community that are obvious trolls who just ruin the site for other people. There are a handful of people who post in ever forum that add absolutely nothing to the discussion but insulting other members or attempting to derail a thread. You know something needs to be done when these people have some of the highest post counts on the site.
I agree. That Fourwude user has made several conspicuous statements about his intention to troll and just troll.  Mods are far too forgiving to weathered members.  All that said, it's not entirely their fault, favouritism is always going to play a vital part in everything.
Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By Lunar_Aura

They're ok. I can't seem to get the hang of making threads though as all of mine get locked or moved for one reason or another so I feel discouraged making new threads altogether.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By pweidman

Agree.  Kinda like officials in sports, the less you notice them the better they are.  Minimum amount of drama here in my experience, which always ends up being the main barometer as far as mods go.
Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@HandsomeDead said:
When you become friends with them, it's pretty good. I got them to warn someone for calling me a dipshit the other day. Thanks, guys.
Two users did that I believe. 
ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ShockD

Yeah. GB has a great moderator team indeed.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By crusader8463
@mylifeforAiur said:
@crusader8463 said:
Just take a look at the very first post in this thread and you will see my main problem with the Mods here. They make friends with some users and let them get away with murder, or let obvious trolls continue to post on the site when they shouldn't be allowed to as long as they think it's funny. I will be the first one to say that it's a thankless job, because if you are doing it right no one notices you until you are telling someone they can't do what they want and then you just get yelled yet, but when you accept the position you accept that burden along with it.   I understand that it's a slippery slope to go down, but there needs to be a common sense rule to ban the people in this community that are obvious trolls who just ruin the site for other people. There are a handful of people who post in ever forum that add absolutely nothing to the discussion but insulting other members or attempting to derail a thread. You know something needs to be done when these people have some of the highest post counts on the site.
I agree. That Fourwude user has made several conspicuous statements about his intention to troll and just troll.  Mods are far too forgiving to weathered members.  All that said, it's not entirely their fault, favouritism is always going to play a vital part in everything.
I get that, but why they would want to keep people around that just ruin other peoples enjoyment of the site I will never understand. Bring up the GB forums on any of the other sites and the reason people hate it here is the trolls. At least in my experience that's always been the response.
vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vitor
@KaosAngel said:
@Abyssfull said:
@KaosAngel said:
But the rest love me, so it's good odds.
Better to live in infamy than die an unknown.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DystopiaX

Idk if its the mods but I think that the forum rules could be stricter...a lot of name calling and stupid bullshit/trolling is allowed to happen. Not blaming the mods, just think the rules should be stricter or something. I think it'd also be nice if there were stuff under posts so you know which ones people got banned for, etc. Makes it clearer, especially to new users, what is and isn't acceptable.

CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CarpetRemnant
@natetodamax said:
@FluxWaveZ said:
@natetodamax said:
@KaosAngel said:
@natetodamax said:
Not really, the one year anniversary for the first live day of Screened was only about a month ago.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HandsomeDead
@BestUsernameEver said:
@HandsomeDead said:
Two users did that I believe. 
Only one directly used the word dipshit, allowing me to invoke the Terminator 2 law of 'Are you calling moi a dipshit?' You only implied it.
Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pessh

They're alright, the new ones are a little over eager though