deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Xbox 360 hard drive.
Xbox 360 hard drive.
I take it, in most cases, the more you get, the better. Anyway, what I'm referring to is a 60 GB hard drive over a 20 GB hard drive for the Xbox 360. Now, 20 GB may be good enough for some but I feel I am struggling for storage. Sure, I could delete some demos, some videos but I don't want to. I like the idea of having some demos downloaded and ready to play (not played some yet that are on my hard drive).Saved games take up a small chunk but I like to keep those - just in case I come back to play a title at some point or there is new DLC for the title.

Having owned an Xbox 360 Premium since late 2006, I got a 20 GB hard drive with it. Now, you can purchase the Xbox 360 Elite (120 GB) at a lower price than what I originally paid for my console. The Premium consoles now come with 60 GB hard drive. A 60 GB starter kit is to be sold at retailers soon in a few regions. It will feature the hard drive, a headset, ethernet cable and three months of Gold for around £50 here in the UK. Not too bad but I don't really care for the other stuff - just the hard drive.

I've got an 80 GB hard drive on my PlayStation 3 that I doubt is going to get much use. So, that does kinda annoy me. Microsoft uses propietary stuff and so that means for them, they can earn more money; selling the hard drive at a price much higher than the cost of a standard hard drive (one for PC). I may get it by the end of the year because I really wouldn't feel so 'limited.' The price is a little annoying but I guess three months of Xbox LIVE Gold isn't too bad.

Here's a breakdown of the stuff on my 20 GB hard drive:
Item TypeStorage
Games3.8 GB
Gamer Profiles22 MB
Demos4.8 GB
Videos3.3 GB
Themes135 MB
Gamer Pictures12 MB
System Items2 MB
Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox 360 hard drive.
Xbox 360 hard drive.
I take it, in most cases, the more you get, the better. Anyway, what I'm referring to is a 60 GB hard drive over a 20 GB hard drive for the Xbox 360. Now, 20 GB may be good enough for some but I feel I am struggling for storage. Sure, I could delete some demos, some videos but I don't want to. I like the idea of having some demos downloaded and ready to play (not played some yet that are on my hard drive).Saved games take up a small chunk but I like to keep those - just in case I come back to play a title at some point or there is new DLC for the title.

Having owned an Xbox 360 Premium since late 2006, I got a 20 GB hard drive with it. Now, you can purchase the Xbox 360 Elite (120 GB) at a lower price than what I originally paid for my console. The Premium consoles now come with 60 GB hard drive. A 60 GB starter kit is to be sold at retailers soon in a few regions. It will feature the hard drive, a headset, ethernet cable and three months of Gold for around £50 here in the UK. Not too bad but I don't really care for the other stuff - just the hard drive.

I've got an 80 GB hard drive on my PlayStation 3 that I doubt is going to get much use. So, that does kinda annoy me. Microsoft uses propietary stuff and so that means for them, they can earn more money; selling the hard drive at a price much higher than the cost of a standard hard drive (one for PC). I may get it by the end of the year because I really wouldn't feel so 'limited.' The price is a little annoying but I guess three months of Xbox LIVE Gold isn't too bad.

Here's a breakdown of the stuff on my 20 GB hard drive:
Item TypeStorage
Games3.8 GB
Gamer Profiles22 MB
Demos4.8 GB
Videos3.3 GB
Themes135 MB
Gamer Pictures12 MB
System Items2 MB
DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By DBoy

I need a bigger HD myself, now that we can copy games onto it for faster loading.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBoy: Yes,another good reason to do so.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By sweep  Moderator

yeah i have been wondering about getting a 120gb just so i can install my games onto it after NXE arrives

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I am defiantly getting a 120 GB, for the fact that I'm going to need it in the near future.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Aaron_G

I need a bigger hard drive my 20 GB has only 1.2 GB free. 

AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By AndyWilliams24

I in all honesty think I could easily get away with keeping my current HDD, as I always have at least 9gb free. But I shouldn't be as strict for space as I am. I will probably end up going for that £50 deal.
darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By darro

I am in the same field as you.  I am running out of space mainly because of game saves and DLC like Oblivion and Rock Band taking up a gig each.  I tend to play a demo once then delete it to free up space but I need the bigger hard drive for the future as I might want to go back to a certain game and finish it off or whatnot.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#9  Edited By citizenkane

I will probably end up having to get a 60 or 120GB HD for my Xbox 360 soon.

Avatar image for brooklyngrenade
brooklyngrenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By brooklyngrenade

Yeah it's good to know that they're gonna start selling the 60GB hard drive separately. I need more space.

Torb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Torb

Been eyeing that 360 Elite for a while but I know I'll never get to afford it...that sleek black 120gb looks nice though :D

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Emilio

I'm gonna buy a new 60GB Pro for Christmas. 120GB is a lot of space, and I really can't see my self installing all my games on it.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolverine

When the Elite came out I sold my 360 and bought the Elite. So glad I did it.