#1 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

You know them, and either you fast them or channel surf through them. You gotta admit there is at least one or two commercials that you remember that kick so much ass that is hurts in a good way.

This newest topic in what I hope may become a more monthly or daily thing is dedicated to the greatest commercials of all time. Either so awesome or so bad that it is good!

My first choice is a newer one. A direct TV ad.

This entire commercial is amazingly well done, the effects, acting, and writing are all fucking amazing. The punchline... or explodeline is quite amazing. In fact, I have to say that Direct TV has some of the best current commercials right now on TV. All of them are this awesome! Hell... I almost want to get this service now thanks to these commercials... almost.

Now onwards to the next, a classic from the old days of atari. I have to repost it every time due to the sheer awesome factor. JOUST FOR ATARI!

Now... that is such a weird commercial, hell it was one of my first blogs! It was that insane! I have no words to properly describe what lies in that video... but you will greatly thank me for seeing such a acid trip of weirdness.

Now... BEHOLD!!! THE SO BAD ITS GOOD COMMERCIAL FROM MY OWN HOMETOWN! The level of bad is equal to The Room in terms of production and quality standards!

I... I am so ashamed yet so proud of this commercial, it is at a level of bad not seen in many a googleplex amount of years... The funny thing is. I know of worse commercials from my hometown. Yet I am unable to find them on youtube. Thankfully, this one survived the fires of unknown torment only to be brought out to the light like a freak of nature in a circus. It is that insane and it is truly that bad!

Now then. Share your commercials that you love or even hate with all your being! Share them with the world!

#2 Posted by Smashlampjaw (220 posts) -

That puppet sounds like It's saying "Mash Potatoes" lol

#3 Posted by benpicko (2006 posts) -

Somebody post the Cadbury Gorilla advert.

#4 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

That fucking jingle, man.

#5 Posted by President_Barackbar (3474 posts) -

This one right here:

#6 Posted by Blackout62 (1410 posts) -

How is this not the first video posted?

#7 Posted by LAMP (162 posts) -

Get well soon.

#8 Edited by SexualBubblegumX (542 posts) -

What about the ones where birds are trying to crap on car to Highway to the Dangerzone? OMG That was epic when i was a kid!

Edit- Found it!

#9 Posted by MrBoBo (102 posts) -

Irn Bru have the best adverts in the universe.

#10 Posted by Fattony12000 (7568 posts) -

@MrBoBo said:

Irn Bru have the best adverts in the universe.

#11 Posted by Tebbit (4486 posts) -

I remember this one for Final Fantasy VII blowing me the hell away when I first saw it:

I'm pretty sure this is the extended version so it would have only been on demo discs, but they had a shorter ad on TV. I remember thinking "man, video games have LANDED".

#12 Posted by DarkShaper (1349 posts) -

This is the pinnacle of video game advertisement greatness.

#13 Edited by Village_Guy (2665 posts) -

Oh, and Winston Cigarettes - advertised by the Flintstones of course!

The 1984 Apple Macintosh commercial, it is pretty much insane, hell it seems more like an anti-Apple commercial.

#14 Edited by LastNinja (281 posts) -

@President_Barackbar said:

This one right here:

I'd like to see that episode of Mad Men lol.

A few personal favourites:

I don't know why it says banned commercial, it was aired pretty frequently here.

Not David Lynch, but Tim Hope.

Just awesome. For a TV set apparently.

#15 Posted by EVO (3941 posts) -
#16 Edited by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

My favorite commercial ever. This is my Summer jam.

If I'm ever in Cleveland, I'm looking this place up:

I was 4 when I first saw this ad and it made smoking strangely appealing to me at the time...

#17 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

There once was an ol' lady...who lived in a shoe...

#18 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -

When I was a kid in the early 90's, this was an infamous series of local commercials in the Chicagoland area. should remember these.

I give you... Eagle Man:

...And the wife. This one "stars" talk radio shock-jock Mancow Muller:

And finally, the stunning conclusion to the epic trilogy:

#19 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -

Also, Blu Blockers.

#20 Posted by uniform (1838 posts) -
#21 Posted by Kidavenger (3629 posts) -

I've never had a cat before, this made me want to get one.

#22 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

For me it's this:

#23 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -
#24 Posted by Dimsey (967 posts) -

I don't know why but for some reason I really like this ad. 
Microwaves!
#25 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

"This entire commercial is amazingly well done, the effects, acting, and writing are all fucking amazing"

lol k

#26 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Dimsey: They still make these???

#27 Posted by MocBucket62 (1260 posts) -

Possibly my favorite foreign advertisement, and maybe Alex Navarro's favorite ad of all time:  

One of my favorite classic ads:
  And maybe my favorite videogame ad:  
#28 Posted by JustKamToo (728 posts) -

Has to be this one

#29 Posted by Funman (51 posts) -
#30 Posted by AiurFlux (902 posts) -

It's funny because it's true.

#31 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

Still a favorite commercial for me.

#32 Posted by Zaccheus (1805 posts) -

I have always loved this Sony Bravia Bouncy Balls ad (watch in HD):

Some other good ones

Honda makes really good ads and this is one of my favorites:

This is not only a good ad, but a pretty damn accurate social commentary:

Funny commercial for an Army? Only in Sweden:

Classic PS2 ad:

Pretty new and also amazing PS3 ad:

I'm going to quote a youtube comment (this might be the first time anyone has attempted this): "'This ad better sell some bloody beer.' Most honest line in a commercial, EVER!"

Just to balance the consoles up here is the classic 360 shootout commercial:

I don't like kids, so this one really speaks to me:

#33 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@Wrighteous86: Those eagle commercials are... frightening as hell... Damn... I thought my hometown commercials were bad!

#34 Posted by Fluttercry (209 posts) -

Double Sun POWERRRR! I love Old Spice commercials

#35 Posted by 49th (2848 posts) -

An advert for some kind of cleaning product.

The clumsy dad started to use the blender without the lid on, causing the smoothie to fly everywhere. The kid with him then says in the most whiny voice, 'put the lid on'.

I will always remember the way that kid said that, I bet the advert would be almost impossible to find though. It's only funny to me.

#36 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

A personal favorite of mine.

#37 Posted by ImaTreee (202 posts) -
#38 Posted by benpicko (2006 posts) -
#39 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

Got two more here! First one is Japanese so... yeah, it has singing, if you don't like Japanese singing I don't sugguest it, but is does show you how that Gumball show on Cartoon network is pretty damn popular over there.

Also, not all EA advertising is bad... even though I did think the Dead Space 2 stuff was fucking hilarious I do think that this next video is just awesome.akdfljajfjdajaosjdfkas

Okay... making fun of a video game glitch like this was just an awesome idea. Whoever in marketing thought this one up deserves a high five.

#40 Edited by MocBucket62 (1260 posts) -
@Fluttercry: I was wondering if anyone was going to post the Terry Crews old Spice commercials. Major props for posting those ads, I also found some newer ads that are pretty damn funny!  
#41 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

One of the most ridiculous food commercials I've seen, yet I still pretty much love it. There is even a music video!

And.. here's this. Computers are breaking!

#42 Posted by CountRockula (398 posts) -

I'm a big fan of this one.

Also, these are some of my favorite commercials ever. I want to live my life like the people in these ads.