• 0 results
#1 Posted by AdventFalls (72 posts) -

With the summer coming up and schools ending any week now, it's almost time for the summer blockbuster season. Hell, one could argue that the Elm Street remake might've started the season off?

What movie are you looking forward to seeing most/least? 

For me, I'm wanting me some Iron Man 2 and Toy Story 3. I know my friends and I are basically going to go see Twilight: Eclipse just to riff it mercilessly (if we can survive its probably long-ass runtime).

#2 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Even though I thought the first one was overrated, I'm pretty hyped for Iron Man 2. I'm gonna go watch it with my dad for his birthday. I'm also kinda excited for Prince of Persia, against my better judgment.

#3 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6385 posts) -

None because they all look terrible.

#4 Edited by Redbullet685 (6017 posts) -

Mine are Toy Story 3 and The Expendables. Oh, and Price of Persia.

#5 Posted by DukesT3 (1888 posts) -

Just Robin Hood so far that I know of. 

#6 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

Toy Story 3

#7 Posted by TwinkleTowez (73 posts) -

i can't wait for Toy Story 3! i grew up with those movies, so when i saw they were making a third one, i nearly wet my pants! and i guess Iron man 2 looks pretty good. 

#8 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

only toy story 3 really

#9 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Toy Story 3, of course.

#10 Posted by SilentCommando (579 posts) -

Robin Hood, The Expendables, Iron Man 2 and Toy Story 3.

#11 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" None because they all look terrible. "
Yeah, it's a pretty weak looking summer season this year. I'll be watching Iron Man 2: Iron Mens next week since I'm obligated to as a 20-year-old male, and I'll probably see Sex and the City 2, Prince of Persia, Get Him to the Greek, Dinner for Schmucks and Macgruber but I'm not really looking forward to any of them.  

Actually, nevermind, there are a ton of films I wanna check out. Jonah Hex, The Expendables, Predators and The A-Team look stupidly awesome, Toy Story 3 needs no explanation, Last Airbender looks great, Inception is a must-see, since Nolan's my favorite director who's not named Scorcese, Scott Pilgrim has Mary Elizabeth Winstead in it so I'll be there first day, and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse will be the greatest thing ever, ever, ever. 

Oh wait, I forgot about Step Up 3D. THAT will actually be the greatest thing in the history of ever, because Step Up 2 The Streets is the best movie of all time. Holy shit was that movie entertaining as hell. All it needed was a new hot chick with peculiar looking abs and 3D, and Step Up 3D took care of that for me.
#12 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

I don't know when it comes out, but I want to see Robin Hood.

#13 Posted by MostlyHeadless (116 posts) -

No one for Inception yet? I'm stunned.

#14 Edited by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -
@VinceNotVance: Thanks for reminding me about Predators and Scott Pilgrim, I totally forgot about those movies. They've shot to the top of my hype list. Seriously, how did I forget about Scott Pilgrim? I have a damn SP avatar!
#15 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -
@MostlyHeadless said:

" No one for Inception yet? I'm stunned. "

Inception and Toy Story 3
#16 Posted by iizcallum (606 posts) -

Probably Inception because I've really liked all Christopher Nolan's previous films. (By all I mean the four I've seen; Memento, The Prestige, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight)

#17 Posted by JJWeatherman (14553 posts) -

Easily Toy Story 3. Iron Man may be good, but IDK.

#18 Posted by mracoon (4947 posts) -

Toy Story 3.

#19 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@SilentCommando said:
" Robin Hood, The Expendables, Iron Man 2 and Toy Story 3. "

#20 Posted by cjmhockey (244 posts) -

I'll be seeing Inception, Iron Man 2, and Toy Story 3.

#21 Posted by wh1terav3n (656 posts) -

Personally? The Last Airbender. Loved the Anime series. Second most excited for? Probably Iron Man 2.

#22 Posted by RogueBomber12 (105 posts) -

Toy Story 3, pixar has not bad a bad movie yet. And Prince of Persia, Iron Man 2, Scott Pilgrim, Inception, Splice, Last Air Bender. And not excited for the expentables but I will have to see just for everyone that is in it.
#23 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

How is Inception not here yet?

#24 Posted by fisher81 (535 posts) -

Toy Story 3. No contest.

#25 Edited by MSG (188 posts) -

Scott Pilgrim just slightly ahead of Inception for me.

#26 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

Inception, Leo DiCaprio's growing on me.

#27 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3095 posts) -
@TheFreeMan said:
" Even though I thought the first one was overrated, I'm pretty hyped for Iron Man 2. I'm gonna go watch it with my dad for his birthday. I'm also kinda excited for Prince of Persia, against my better judgment. "
Okay, so finally I hear someone say the first Iron Man was overrated.
#28 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -
@RogueBomber12 said:
"pixar has not bad a bad movie yet."
That depends on whether you like Monsters Inc. or not.  I personally hated the fuck out of that movie and consider it the only mar on an otherwise amazing studio. 

Also, does August count for summer?  If so, The Expendables.  If not: 
  1. Toy Story 3
  2. The A-Team
  3. Predators
  4. The Other Guys
  5. Inception
  6. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
  7. Splice
  8. Pirahna 3D
  9. Despicable Me
  10. The Other Guys

Sorry, did I say a Will Ferrell movie twice?  Well, it needed to be done!
#29 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
"That depends on whether you like Monsters Inc. or not.  I personally hated the fuck out of that movie and consider it the only mar on an otherwise amazing studio."
:O

Them's fighting words, sir!
#30 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @RogueBomber12 said:
"pixar has not bad a bad movie yet."
That depends on whether you like Monsters Inc. or not.  I personally hated the fuck out of that movie and consider it the only mar on an otherwise amazing studio. 

"
I loved Monster's INC. but hated Cars.
#31 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -
Inception
#32 Posted by SaintMits (191 posts) -

I don't know how anybody can look past The Expendable for film of the year tbh.

#33 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6285 posts) -

Inception, Iron Man 2, The Expendables, I'm probably forgetting a few already.

#34 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

Iron Man 2, Robin Hood, Inception, Expendables, Macgruber (mayyyybeeeee), and definitely not toy story 3. That movie doesn't interest me in the slightest.

#35 Edited by RogueBomber12 (105 posts) -
   @CrossTheAtlantic said:

" @jakob187 said:  
I loved Monster's INC. but hated Cars. "

Totaly agree. Also Iron Man is only not great because the ending battle is pretty weak.

#36 Posted by MiamiRedHawks (914 posts) -

Robin Hood looks pretty dope.

#37 Edited by ozzdog12 (856 posts) -

Iron Man 2, going to see it in IMAX friday.
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
The Expendables,lol
Predators

#38 Posted by dvdwalker8 (359 posts) -

These are the movies I will most likely be seeing in theaters from May to August: 

1. Iron Man 2- Looks like fun. Kind of sucks to see Terrence Howard replaced by Don Cheadle though.  
2. Toy Story 3- Probably didn't need to be made but if it gets Pixar back to making great movies, then it will be worth it. Loved the first two, so another sequel is welcome.  
3. Jonah Hex- Josh Brolin and Megan Fox. Looks like dumb fun. Not familiar with the character of Hex, so it should be interesting to see his story.  
4. Inception- Probably most excited about this one. Leo is a great actor and Nolan has been on a roll with making great, interesting movies.  
5. The Other Guys- I'll see almost any movie with Will Ferrell in it. Most of the time, I enjoy them. Semi-Pro has to be the worst I've seen though.  
6. The Expendables- Stallone has been doing well as a director. Also the cast alone makes this a must see for me.
#39 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

Nothing as they all look like generic Hollywood garbage. It has been years since I even had a slight interest in anything coming out.

#40 Posted by HatKing (5766 posts) -

Iron Man 2, Toy Story 3, Inception, and Scott Pilgrim Vs The World 

Aside from those not much else.
#41 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -
@TheFreeMan: @CrossTheAtlantic: A lot of it has to do with my hatred of Billy Crystal, as I find him to be incredibly annoying and unfunny.  However, the movie itself was not well-written in my eyes, and I have never found myself enjoying watching it.  It was a borefest.  Cars, on the other hand, is their weaker work in terms of general artistry and scriptwriting, but I still enjoyed that film namely because I dig cars. 

ALSO...the first Iron Man movie was BOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIING!  It was a waste of film.  Yeah, they got the cockiness of Tony Stark down, and I felt that the casting all around felt good.  However, I don't want to pay $7 to see a guy say for the majority of the movie "I'm building a suit" and act like a billionaire playboy.  I am constantly surprised and astonished that people liked the Iron Man movie, yet rag so hard on Ang Lee's Hulk!!!
#42 Posted by LackingSaint (1764 posts) -

My plans? Iron Man 2, Toy Story 3, Inception and The Expendables.

#43 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -

I must be the only guy on here that is still shocked they are even making a new Toy Story....  I'm not seeing it because of all the cracks in my innocence, I'm not putting one there... No Hollywood you will not ruin it this time for me! 

Anyways.... Well, Iron Man 2, and if any luck Inception. That's it.

#44 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Inception, Toy Story 3, maybe Iron man 2, The last airbender

#45 Edited by AdventFalls (72 posts) -
@jakob187:  I think most of the hate for Lee's Hulk is that the common perception of what the penultimate Hulk experience should be could be summed up with 'HULK SMASH' and a flavoring of psychobabble. The Lee Hulk reversed that.

Another thing that worked against Lee's Hulk that probably didn't on as big a scale for Iron Man 1 was the fact that Iron Man isn't quite as well known as Hulk, or at least that's how I perceive it. Iron Man was a B-lister for a long time if memory serves, taking a back seat to people like Captain America, Spider-Man, and the X-Men. There aren't as many expectations amongst the general public (read: people who have a casual at best understanding of the source material) for Iron Man (Common perception: guy in a suit) than there are for the Hulk (guy turns into Lou Ferrigno and smashes shit) .
#46 Posted by Jaconius (145 posts) -

Definitely Scott Pilgrim, Iron Man 2 and Inception. 

Mind fuckingly excited for Scott Pilgrim and Inception. Iron Man 2 will definitely be solid.

#47 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i don't really know. if avatar the last air bender is coming out than that. i don't know when that is coming out but it just looks like there are going to be great effects in that movie.

#48 Posted by Creamypies (4044 posts) -

Toy Story 3!

Prince of Persia COULD be good... I'll check it out for sure.

#49 Posted by immike (714 posts) -

Iron man 2, because Iron man is my favorite superhero. Also, Toy Story is awesome, so Toy Story 3.

#50 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Toy Story 3 is the only one I have any interest in.