This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Colt45 (57 posts) -

I thought I was watching the Olympics.

I don't know what to believe anymore. Who are the real athletes: the Olympians, or the people who control them?

#1 Posted by Colt45 (57 posts) -

I thought I was watching the Olympics.

I don't know what to believe anymore. Who are the real athletes: the Olympians, or the people who control them?

#2 Posted by FLStyle (4920 posts) -

Giant Bomb forums are for discussion purposes, please keep that in mind the next time you make a spam thread that breaks the rules.

#3 Posted by andriv (257 posts) -

he should be playing stay dead

#4 Edited by Zaccheus (1805 posts) -

Wow the judges have a electronic scoring system in the Olympics, that's fucking incredible. This isn't really topic worthy, is it?

#5 Posted by Daiphyer (1352 posts) -

When did people get so damn cynical around these forums?!

#6 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Daiphyer

Been like this for a while.
#7 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

@FLStyle said:

Giant Bomb forums are for discussion purposes, please keep that in mind the next time you make a spam thread that breaks the rules.

awwwww. You hurt this guys feelings. Hey, go tell your mom your little brother took an extra cookie without permission.

#8 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

Ha. I laughed, thank you.

#9 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

Stay Dead is easily the most Realistic Fighting Game Ever.

#10 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

Don't be a jerk TheHBk.

#11 Posted by Bell_End (1203 posts) -

@FLStyle said:

yes. i believe he is contravening Giant Bomb Directive 13432b

#12 Posted by FLStyle (4920 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@Daiphyer

Been like this for a while.

Giant Bomb has always been a cut above the average gaming forum in maturity, but as it grew it's seemed to have gotten an influx of people who sign up with the intention of bringing over the bullshit you expect to see in places like GameSpot. If I had to put a time on it I'd say it was around the time when premium memberships were introduced, of which the anti-spam rules soon followed. And that's about when a lot of people started getting really tired of spam, not simply for the sake of being cynical, but to point out that things work differently on Giant Bomb.

Personally I'm proud of what this community has become in these past 4 years and don't want to see it become diluted. But if I came across as merely being cynical then I guess that's my bad, I should try to be a little less forward and a little more helpful.

#13 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

I lol'd

#14 Posted by 49th (2846 posts) -

Taekwondude. That is an amazing file name.

#15 Posted by Strife777 (1612 posts) -
@FLStyle Being mature and having are not contradictory things. I think his post was kind of funny, it might get locked because it doesn't "stimulate" a conversation, but we don't need to be serious and "mature" all the time.
#16 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

man some of you are fucking tightasses

#17 Posted by FLStyle (4920 posts) -

@Strife777 said:

@FLStyle Being mature and having are not contradictory things. I think his post was kind of funny, it might get locked because it doesn't "stimulate" a conversation, but we don't need to be serious and "mature" all the time.

There's a word missing, think it's "fun" but feel free to correct me, I'm guessing that's what you meant. In any case, I agree within reason, but this kind of thing where there's a brand new thread made just for a few images and a one-liner I can't get behind. What about a thread that could be stickied at the top of Off-Topic that's exclusive to thing's that people find funny like this?

#18 Posted by kgb0515 (405 posts) -

I thought it was funny.

#19 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

Holy crap!

#20 Posted by redefaulted (2829 posts) -

I thought it was funny, in a relative sort of way. I think we're all smart enough to know that is the electronic score-board controller and not a man controlling people with a game-pad.

However, pic spam :/

#21 Posted by bananaz (259 posts) -

I think we're all smart enough to realize that the man with the controller is totally controlling the red guy.

#22 Edited by Geralt (334 posts) -

This is an unnecessarily intensify topic.

#23 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I really thought that was a game for like, half a second.

#24 Posted by ZombiePie (5753 posts) -

This thread is effectively picture spam as no original text is accompanying the images in the original post that promote a productive discussion. Please take the time to do so in the future or your subsequent forum topics will be promptly locked.