#1 Posted by Mutley (350 posts) -

So what are some of the most weirdest movies you guys ever watched? It could of been a good or bad movie despite being weird.

So today for the first time I watched "The Shining" and some scenes, especially towards the end are so totally weird.

Another movie would be Donnie Darko, Which was totally surreal at first but after watching multiple times, I ended up totally loving the film.

#2 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1300 posts) -

I saw one of the Tomb Raider movies once. Don't remember it much.

#3 Posted by killacam (1320 posts) -

@Mutley said:

So what are some of the most weirdest movies you guys ever watched? It could of been a good or bad movie despite being weird.

So today for the first time I watched "The Shining" and some scenes, especially towards the end are so totally weird.

Another movie would be Donnie Darko, Which was totally surreal at first but after watching multiple times, I ended up totally loving the film.

watch eraserhead. it'll charm the pants off you

#4 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3234 posts) -

Un Chien Andalou, Meshes of the Afternoon, Wavelength, Riddles of the Sphinx, Passage a l'acte.

Also, "most weirdest" is redundant.

#5 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1300 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

Un Chien Andalou, Meshes of the Afternoon, Wavelength, Riddles of the Sphinx, Passage a l'acte.

Also, "most weirdest" is redundant.

Oh man I forgot Un Chien Andalou.

#6 Posted by BraveToaster (12636 posts) -

Either Eraserhead or Anti Christ.

#7 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2761 posts) -

So to be clear you're asking what the greatest quantity of the weirdest movies we've ever seen is right?

#8 Edited by RavenX302 (290 posts) -

The Japanese film HOUSE is pretty fucking odd...then again it IS Japanese so, I don't know if it should even count.

#9 Posted by jjnen (680 posts) -

That Lynch movie, Inland Empire. So weird, so dull, and so bad. Ugh.

#10 Posted by Village_Guy (2760 posts) -

I haven't really watched that many weird movies... I guess that I would go with The Room, it isn't that weird but it is so horrible acted that it takes on a different form of life than intended.

#11 Posted by ShaggE (7094 posts) -

Jan Svankmajer's "Alice" is the only movie that made me think I had dreamed it the day after I saw it. So awesomely bizarre.

Then there was the Shaye St. John "Funbubble" DVD (who I just found out had died in 2010 as I checked the spelling on Google... that makes me sad)... not really a movie, but certainly the most insane thing I've ever seen pressed to disc.

#12 Posted by LTSmash (698 posts) -

The weirdest I've seen is Shirin, a Persian film in which all you see is a series of close-ups of individual women all watching a film YOU can't see (but can hear the dialogue and sound effects). It was a long 90 minutes.

Loading Video...
#13 Posted by DirtyEagles (284 posts) -

salo: 120 days of sodom

the holy mountain

naked lunch

#14 Posted by RubberFactory (305 posts) -

Dogtooth

#15 Posted by Bwast (1376 posts) -

Videodrome is a special kind of weird.

#16 Posted by Dany (8018 posts) -

Most Weirdest

Most Weirdest

Most Weirdest

Most Weirdest

#17 Posted by roninenix (140 posts) -

Old Boy.

#18 Posted by TopSteer (703 posts) -

@RubberFactory said:

Dogtooth

Either this or I'm a Cyborg but that's OK

#19 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1300 posts) -

@Dany said:

Most Weirdest

Most Weirdest

Most Weirdest

Most Weirdest

Least weirdest?

#20 Posted by iizcallum (611 posts) -

Videodrome is pretty weird. Probably the weirdest from recent memory that I've seen.

#21 Posted by matthias2437 (992 posts) -

@Dany said:

Most Weirdest

Most Weirdest

Most Weirdest

Most Weirdest

But seriously probably Tokyo Gore Police, maybe Meatball Machine.

#22 Posted by XanderCrews (114 posts) -

Meet the Feebles

More disturbing than weird, but still weird

Here's the trailer to prove my point.

Loading Video...
#23 Posted by JasonR86 (10003 posts) -

Inland Empire. Weird and fucking terrible. And ugly. And what the fuck was David Lynch thinking?

#24 Posted by believer258 (12697 posts) -

Funky Forest.

OK, I haven't seen it, but I've seen clips of it, and that's enough for me.

NSFW, and not for any conceivably conventional reasons either.

#25 Posted by Robot_Sneakers (418 posts) -

Ichi the killer was pretty weird

#26 Posted by steveurkel (181 posts) -
@Mutley said:

Congratlations on being 13 years old
#27 Posted by BoG (5387 posts) -

@killacam said:

@Mutley said:

watch eraserhead. it'll charm the pants off you

Anything David Lynch. I think Blue Velvet is the most horrifyingly weird thing I've seen in my life.

#28 Posted by Rattle618 (1504 posts) -

@MasturbatingestBear said:

@Dany said:

Most Weirdest

Most Weirdest

Most Weirdest

Most Weirdest

Most Leastest weirdest?

Fixed.

#29 Posted by stryker1121 (1763 posts) -

Can't go wrong w/ Kubrick. 2001 is like some weird space dream. Hearing HAL sing Daisy was eerie.

#30 Posted by BUCK3TM4N (544 posts) -

clockwork orange

#31 Posted by Kidavenger (3867 posts) -

@steveurkel said:

@Mutley said:

Congratlations on being 13 years old

Exactly what I was thinking, OP you have so much great weird stuff to look forward to, I'm almost jealous.

Another vote for Eraserhead.

#32 Posted by Stonyman65 (3015 posts) -

Big Trouble In Little China is pretty weird. It's also THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER MADE.

#33 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1517 posts) -
#34 Posted by Aetheldod (3914 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

Inland Empire. Weird and fucking terrible. And ugly. And what the fuck was David Lynch thinking?

Terrible , terrible movie , how could he make such an awful flick after the awesome Mullholand Drive? Also to add on the list Rocky´s Horror Picture Show ... ugh I still hate the person who made me watch that piece of crap.

#35 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1517 posts) -
@Aetheldod said:

Rocky´s Horror Picture Show ... ugh I still hate the person who made me watch that piece of crap.

#36 Posted by Aetheldod (3914 posts) -

@Fajita_Jim: You heard me >:3 !!!!! *Slams door*

#37 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1517 posts) -
@Aetheldod said:

@Fajita_Jim: You heard me >:3 !!!!! *Slams door*

I guess you've never seen it in the theater. After midnight. On Halloween. With other people. With toast in your pocket.
#38 Posted by Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 (578 posts) -

Visitor Q. Bizarre and just plain fucked up that movie is.

#39 Posted by Bayonetta_ (40 posts) -

American Beauty.

#40 Edited by Whamola (134 posts) -

To be fair, Rocky Horror Picture show is the most milquetoast and bland thing I've ever seen. It's like Pink Flamingos for people who put ketchup on everything.

As for the weirdest movie I've seen, it depends on your definition of "weird".

There's "weird" as in surreal. In that category I'd say El Topo, The Holy Mountain, and Fando Y Lis if you can find it. They're fairly surreal, but more importantly, they're incredibly well made and important films.

If you mean "Weird" as in shocking or Nonsensical, then I'd say Pink Flamingos or really, any of John Water's earliest films.

Also, for your own good, don't let anyone know you like Donny Darko. You don't want to be "that guy".

#41 Posted by AndrewBeardsley (386 posts) -

The Room....

#42 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (458 posts) -

First off, your title should be 'What is the weirdest movie you have ever seen' 'most weirdest' is incorrect. Yes... I am studying to be a primary school teacher. Now, on to business. The weirdest film I have ever seen is Hot Rod

#43 Posted by K9 (641 posts) -

Tetsuo the Iron man is a strange movie. Weird cinematography. But by the end I got the point that it was trying to make.

Loading Video...

The strangest movie I have seen is Stalker (1979). It's strange because every single scene looks deliberate, and yet the story of the movie seems to be one about meaninglessness. Or at least it isn't outright clear what the point is. I don't want to watch it again but I like thinking about the movie's metaphors every now and then.

Loading Video...
#44 Posted by Xeiphyer (5679 posts) -
@Dany said:

Most Weirdest

Most Weirdest

Most Weirdest

Most Weirdest

The MOST WEIRDEST?

ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO BE MORE THAN ONE!

If a movie is the weirdest, the most of that movie you can see is only the one weirdest movie, unless you count multiple times!!!

So, 3!
#45 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2453 posts) -

Dogtooth, David Lynch everything, Videdrome, Naked Lunch, that stuff on welcome to weird that screened does, that evil muppets movie, enter the void, behloden, so much weird stuff. Most recently would be The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzaii Across the eighth dimension.

#46 Posted by eugenesaxe (201 posts) -

@Dany: Get a life.

#47 Posted by Bloodfarts (66 posts) -

Visitor Q comes to mind.

I don't find Oldboy to be that weird.

#48 Posted by bybeach (5147 posts) -

I'll have to start working down that list on screened. Another one besides many mentioned, M. Butterfly. I'll never be able to unlook that first full frontal shot of the protagonists girlfriend....

#49 Posted by Dany (8018 posts) -

@eugenesaxe said:

@Dany: Get a life.

Good one.

#50 Edited by Sayishere (1852 posts) -

3-iron

About a dude breaking into houses that are 'empty' then lives in them, and leaves when the owners come back. He falls in live with one of the residents. The women has a husband, so its like an affair, and in the entire film they don't talk to each other.I

Its fucking weird.