#1 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
#2 Edited by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Props to the classic Arrow Pointing Down podcast (from 03/04/08), which Jeff and Alex mention they aren't fans of Baja Blast (that is exclusive to Taco Bell), but Alex enjoys Code Red, while Jeff doesn't.  I hate Code Red, but I love Baja Blast. What about you, Giant Bomb? 

To me though, Code Red is a little too syrup-y. Baja Blast just tastes a lot smoother and more enjoyable. Plus, I get Baja Blast every time I go to Taco Bell, (which isn't that much these days, actually).

#3 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1542 posts) -

I prefer Baja Blast, I was kind of fond of Livewire when it had its limited run as well.

Now I just drink Pepsi Max.

#4 Posted by jetsetwillie (857 posts) -

we don't get them drinks here so i don't know

#5 Posted by animathias (1194 posts) -

I prefer Code Red. It's the best of the Mountain Dew line in my opinion.

#6 Edited by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

I think of which I would be able to drink on a more regular basis. I went with Baja Blast because it's just less cloying than Code Red.

Just for the record though, I totally love Pitch Black whenever they release that.

#7 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@WilltheMagicAsian said:

I prefer Baja Blast, I was kind of fond of Livewire when it had its limited run as well.

Yes! Livewire was the shit.
#8 Posted by GooieGreen (454 posts) -

Back in the day, we used to disqualify all but the Original from chugging contests. But I would always alternate between that and Code Red. I never got into the other flavors, despite how flat Code Red is. My girlfriend likes Baja Blast, which is why I kick her out of the car whenever she tries to order it at Taco Bell (which, if we went there more than once a month, I think we would have broken up by now).

#9 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@GooieGreen said:

My girlfriend likes Baja Blast, which is why I kick her out of the car whenever she tries to order it at Taco Bell...

You are an awful boyfriend.
#10 Posted by GooieGreen (454 posts) -

@Napalm: She's an awful girlfriend for drinking that piss drink!

Nah, I wouldn't actually kick her out of the car. I would probably tuck-and-roll out, though :)

#11 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (489 posts) -

well code red tastes less terrible, that should win.

#12 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Somebody vote up Baja Blast! Hurry!

#13 Posted by TooWalrus (13257 posts) -

Code red just tastes so damn good- I used to drink one every morning in high school.

#14 Posted by GooieGreen (454 posts) -

@Shun_Akiyama said:

well code red tastes less terrible, that should win.

This.

#15 Posted by CastroCasper (1307 posts) -

Fuck that noise. It is all about the Live Wire.

#16 Posted by ShaggE (6711 posts) -

I love both, but Code Red is about as good at quenching thirst as beer, so Baja gets my vote.

I miss Pitch Black (and PB2)...

#17 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

The only Mountain Dew variant I've ever actually liked is Code Red. That said, I don't drink soda anymore.

#18 Posted by Soapy86 (2622 posts) -

Baja Blast. I wish they would sell it in stores.

#19 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1733 posts) -

Where is this mountain?

#20 Posted by Ransom (105 posts) -

The fact that the votes are so close is appalling.

#21 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

Haven't been to Taco Bell since that Salmonella thing..not because of that, not sure why I haven't been to be honest. I guess because i have been eating healthier. I have been craving it though..

#22 Posted by Commisar123 (1798 posts) -

Code Red is currently my favorite soft drink

#23 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1219 posts) -

I picked code red but whiteout is the best

#24 Posted by Muerthoz (351 posts) -

Never had Baja Blast because I don't go to Taco Bell. I don't want to encourage them to keep doing what they're doing.

#25 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Dislike Baja, will drink it but I don't do fast food anymore so I never have the opportunity to give it another chance.

Code Red is just delicious.

#26 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Neither. Live Wire and Voltage.

#27 Posted by Demoskinos (15156 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@GooieGreen said:

My girlfriend likes Baja Blast, which is why I kick her out of the car whenever she tries to order it at Taco Bell...

No an awful boyfriend would tie her to the seat and then jump out of the car as it careens into the lake and then screams ENJOY YOUR BAJA BLAST IN HELL BITCH!

#28 Posted by Getz (3155 posts) -

Code Red is just OK, while Baja Blast is fucking delicious. If I'm gonna ruin my teeth with sugary drinks it's going to have to be with something worthwhile. I'd rather drink juice or something over Code Red.

#29 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Napalm said:

@GooieGreen said:

No an awful boyfriend would tie her to the seat and then jump out of the car as it careens into the lake and then screams ENJOY YOUR BAJA BLAST IN HELL BITCH!

A worse one would, before all that, light the car on fire starting with the dashboard of the passenger side.

#30 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I like both but I prefer Baja Blast slightly.

#31 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Baja Blast is gross.

#32 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:

Baja Blast is gross.

You're gross.
#33 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

Code Red easily.

#34 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@jetsetwillie said:

we don't get them drinks here so i don't know

import it then. 

baja blast is only exclusive to taco bell for some reason. 

i have to say baja blast is good. i also like to put some vodka in it.
#35 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

Baja Blast ova yo mutha. Seriously though, it still pisses me off that Taco Bell has a monopoly on that shit

#36 Posted by CaptainCody (1521 posts) -

Pitch Black.

#37 Posted by RecSpec (3941 posts) -

Gamefuel bitches. 

How does Baja Blast not win this. So much better than Code Red.

#38 Posted by beckley205 (309 posts) -

CODE RED

#39 Edited by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Darkness Redness, Whiteness is my vote.

#40 Posted by Intro (1212 posts) -

Baja Blast. I can't believe you fuckers like Code Red so much!?

#41 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1771 posts) -

Baja Blast is the only reason to go to Taco Bell.

#42 Posted by flippyandnod (423 posts) -

Pitch black was awful. Can't you just make it yourself by pouring grape Kool-Aid into regular Dew?

Code Red is the all-time champion.

#43 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6403 posts) -

I never had Baja Blast because I've never eaten at Taco Bell (and I staunchly believe that I am a better person for it), but when I used to drink Mountain Dew, Code Red was an incredible drink to have with lunch. So, Code Red.

#44 Posted by Lockeyness (189 posts) -

Baja Blast tastes like Scope. No thank you, sir.

#45 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4890 posts) -

I've never actually been to Taco Bell. Like, ever. Whenever I craved Tacos I'd just go and get a kit from the grocery store.

Is Taco Bell good?

#46 Posted by GreggD (4515 posts) -

Baja Blast is superior. I had a good couple years to get acquainted with Code Red (I worked at Hollywood Video at the time, and they had that shit multiple fold), and during that time I grew to hate it. It tastes like cinnamon ass. If you like it, more power to you. But I'm here to tell you, it ain't good.