Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

Edited By gingertastic_10

Like most of America, and the rest of the World, movies are a big part of everyone's culture. I like to go to as many as possible, but can't always make it. Since it's mid September the year is almost done with, but there are some solid movies out there. Here is a list of the ones I am most looking forward to see. Enjoy

(Done in order of release)

The Informant! (Warner Bros. September 18)

I'll admit I'm a pretty big Matt Damon fan, I like his movies. Some movies he has been in I turned from because a certain guy named Ben Affleck was in them, I'm not a fan. Over the summer I spent some time looking up movies that were going to be coming out this year, this one came up so I looked up a trailer on Youtube. From what I saw looked like a spoof of spy movies, and I'm all for that. Damon looks to do a fantastic job as he normally does. The only thing that I think might bother me is that it looks like there will probably be a twist in the story, but I could be wrong. The Informant! was originally a book by Kurt Eichenwald, it comes out next week and it looks fantastic. 

Zombieland (Columbia Pictures, October 2)

Shaun of the Dead was a fantastic movie. Why it was so fantastic was because it took a subject, like zombies, and made it funny. Most zombie movies are made to be a serious fight for survival where every turn could be their last. I think Zombieland is taking heavily from that formula, it stars Woody Harrelson (Seven Pounds), Jesse Eisenberg (Adventureland), Emma Stone (Superbad) and the pretty much every movie needs Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine). A zombie plague sweeps the World, and like most movies the gang is on the run. It seems funny and like I talked about above, it's good to see them having fun with the subject matter. Even if this movie tanks, I will definitely give it credit for trying to do something new with it's premise. TRAILER

Where the Wild Things Are (Warner Bros. October 16)

I first found out about this movie through ververdan0226 topic about it. I really never heard of it before then and had no idea it was a book. After watching the trailer and read up on it a little and what I found was a charming movie. It's about a boy (Max Records) who is mad at his mom for dating another man. He makes up this world to kind of cope with the whole thing, and like most kids he is the ruler. The movie, graphically, looks fantastic. It's pretty hard to tell that some of it is CG, but that's becoming more and more common now. It's directed by Spike Jones (Being John Malkovich). It looks like a top notch kid, no not just kids, but adult movie.

The Road (DeamWorks, November 25)

This is my big movie of the year. The Road was a book written by Cormac McCarthy (No Country For Old Men), and it follows a man and his son as they travel a post apocalyptic world. It's a extremely emotional book, it won't surprise me if some people shed a tear. It really builds up the love the father has for his son and what he will do to make sure his son survives and stays healthy. Viggo Mortensen plays the father, and I won't say he is who I pictured when I was reading the book but he's a fantastic actor so I'm sure he will do a fine job. The movie was supposed to come out in February of 2009 but got pushed back for more production time. I've heard many people say this sounds like Fallout 3, I don't really agree with this but I guess people can think what they want. I want to see how the movie adapts the book, in the book there really isn't much talking. Usually just little talk between the father and son, so I can see them adding dialog which I would like it better if they kept it the way it was. This is my big movie this year and I will defiantly see it. Plus it's two days before my birthday ^_^    TRAILER

So that's the big movies I want to see this year. There's many, many more films coming out that some of you might like to see, so feel free to post them. I'd like to see what you all think.

Thanks for reading
-Trevor
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gingertastic_10

Like most of America, and the rest of the World, movies are a big part of everyone's culture. I like to go to as many as possible, but can't always make it. Since it's mid September the year is almost done with, but there are some solid movies out there. Here is a list of the ones I am most looking forward to see. Enjoy

(Done in order of release)

The Informant! (Warner Bros. September 18)

I'll admit I'm a pretty big Matt Damon fan, I like his movies. Some movies he has been in I turned from because a certain guy named Ben Affleck was in them, I'm not a fan. Over the summer I spent some time looking up movies that were going to be coming out this year, this one came up so I looked up a trailer on Youtube. From what I saw looked like a spoof of spy movies, and I'm all for that. Damon looks to do a fantastic job as he normally does. The only thing that I think might bother me is that it looks like there will probably be a twist in the story, but I could be wrong. The Informant! was originally a book by Kurt Eichenwald, it comes out next week and it looks fantastic. 

Zombieland (Columbia Pictures, October 2)

Shaun of the Dead was a fantastic movie. Why it was so fantastic was because it took a subject, like zombies, and made it funny. Most zombie movies are made to be a serious fight for survival where every turn could be their last. I think Zombieland is taking heavily from that formula, it stars Woody Harrelson (Seven Pounds), Jesse Eisenberg (Adventureland), Emma Stone (Superbad) and the pretty much every movie needs Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine). A zombie plague sweeps the World, and like most movies the gang is on the run. It seems funny and like I talked about above, it's good to see them having fun with the subject matter. Even if this movie tanks, I will definitely give it credit for trying to do something new with it's premise. TRAILER

Where the Wild Things Are (Warner Bros. October 16)

I first found out about this movie through ververdan0226 topic about it. I really never heard of it before then and had no idea it was a book. After watching the trailer and read up on it a little and what I found was a charming movie. It's about a boy (Max Records) who is mad at his mom for dating another man. He makes up this world to kind of cope with the whole thing, and like most kids he is the ruler. The movie, graphically, looks fantastic. It's pretty hard to tell that some of it is CG, but that's becoming more and more common now. It's directed by Spike Jones (Being John Malkovich). It looks like a top notch kid, no not just kids, but adult movie.

The Road (DeamWorks, November 25)

This is my big movie of the year. The Road was a book written by Cormac McCarthy (No Country For Old Men), and it follows a man and his son as they travel a post apocalyptic world. It's a extremely emotional book, it won't surprise me if some people shed a tear. It really builds up the love the father has for his son and what he will do to make sure his son survives and stays healthy. Viggo Mortensen plays the father, and I won't say he is who I pictured when I was reading the book but he's a fantastic actor so I'm sure he will do a fine job. The movie was supposed to come out in February of 2009 but got pushed back for more production time. I've heard many people say this sounds like Fallout 3, I don't really agree with this but I guess people can think what they want. I want to see how the movie adapts the book, in the book there really isn't much talking. Usually just little talk between the father and son, so I can see them adding dialog which I would like it better if they kept it the way it was. This is my big movie this year and I will defiantly see it. Plus it's two days before my birthday ^_^    TRAILER

So that's the big movies I want to see this year. There's many, many more films coming out that some of you might like to see, so feel free to post them. I'd like to see what you all think.

Thanks for reading
-Trevor
Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Hector

I'm really looking foward to  'Where the Wild Things Are'; a big fan of the book when I was younger.

DarkFlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By DarkFlow83

How do you know know "Where the Wild Things Are" is a book?  where you not read too as a child?

gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gingertastic_10
@DarkFlow83: No my parents read to me, just not that book.
DarkFlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DarkFlow83

Well you missed out, thats like THE kids book you read when your a wee tot. 

Hats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Hats

The movie wont do the book justice but kids will love it so mission accomplished

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#7  Edited By citizenkane

How can you forget Shutter Island and Avatar?

gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gingertastic_10
@CitizenKane: Dang it. I wanted to put Shutter Island on there, I completely forgot.
GregariousGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By GregariousGreg

I'm looking forward to Sherlock Holmes , Avatar, Alice in Wonderland, and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

The Road looks fantastic, I agree. I am also looking forward to "A Serious Man", the new Coen Brothers movie in addition to all the others you listed. Nonetheless, I can't shake the fact that 10 movie nominees for Best Picture Oscars is overkill.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive

I CANT WAIT FOR THE ROAD!!! 

Also, I CANNOT WAIT FOR AVATAR!!!!!! 

this movie is gonna be so fuckin sweet. 

atlantabrave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By atlantabrave04

I'm so excited for Shutter Island just because Scorsese is one of my favorite directors. I am really pumped to see 9 as well, though early reviews say it is a little on the gloomy side. Other than that, I guess I would kind of like to see Where the Wild Things Are just because it looks so different from the book.
Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I literally thought Zombieland was going to be the next "___ Movie" for the whole trailer until they said the name. I'm still not totally convinced it isn't. I think people aren't realizing how bad it really is due being blinded by the stupid "HA HA ZOMBIES PIRATES NINJAS RANDOM" internet shit.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I'm way too excited for Zombieland, I think it's been the only movie that I've been excited for this year actually.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By teh_destroyer
@CitizenKane said:
" How can you forget Shutter Island and Avatar? "
Those come out next year,and the top 3 movies are the ones I am also looking forward to this year.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#16  Edited By citizenkane
@teh_destroyer said:
" @CitizenKane said:
" How can you forget Shutter Island and Avatar? "
Those come out next year,and the top 3 movies are the ones I am also looking forward to this year. "
I just saw that Shutter Island has been pushed back, but Avatar is still slated to release December 18th.
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gingertastic_10
@RHCPfan24: A Serious Man looks interesting, I'll probably like it. The Coen Brothers know how to make a good movie.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kmdrkul

Definitely looking forward to The Road; loved the book and I noticed both who is directing it and whose doing the music for it and that makes me even more excited for it.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Xandurson

The first two I really want to see but the other two I really don't care about.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By GunstarRed

Really excited for  Where the wild things are but i as indified kids films go I'm just as excited for Wes Andersons Fantastic mr fox which seems to  be his stop motion version of The italian job.....  thats how the trailer makes it look anyways.
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gingertastic_10
@marioncobretti: Fantastic Mr. Fox does look good. Plus like you said it's a Wes Anderson film, so it most likely will be great.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By penguindust

Have you seen the trailer for Ninja Assassin?  That comes out November 25 (Thanksgiving weekend?).    

Speaking for Woody Harrelson (Zombieland), I'm looking forward to Defendor  which I think is set for a release this year.  The film is a comedy/drama and reminds me of Terry Gilliam's The Fisher King.

Then there is the Disney 2D animated film, the Princess and the Frog. I haven't seen a good animated musical in ages and none of the current crop of 3D movies is doing that sort of film with big productions and lots of singing.  Trailer.

And then there is Astroboy, which is due out in October 23, 2009.  I'm excited by the idea of the movie, but the trailer looks a bit flat for me, so I am not sure what to actually make of it so far. 

Some others I thought were 2009 but may have been moved to 2010 (sounds familiar) were Solomon Kane ( trailer) and Daybreakers ( trailer).
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gingertastic_10
@PenguinDust: That was the first time I had see a trailer for Defendor. I was impressed. Looks good.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@FizzleNizzleBear said:
" I'm looking forward to Sherlock Holmes , Avatar, Alice in Wonderland, and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus "
yeah Alice in Slaughterland is gonna be awesome.. Depp and Hathaway