Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By DragoonKain1687

Boy, its been ages since I last tried this crap, and how did I went on whithout it for so long???
For those who are either noobs or just ignorants, M.U.G.E.N is a fighting game engine, completely customizable for the PC. Its source of material comes strictly from fan made content, but thanks to some dedicated fans, you can get some great material.
The game basically requires you to create the interface, backgrounds, animatios, attacks and then that is combined with the games engine and you get a new game out of nowhere. Well, actually out of what you did.
But dont worry, you dont need to know any "coding" to make your own. In fact, you can get characters from the internet (why hasnt this won a Nobel prize yet??) and then add them to "YOUR" game, or in its defect, add them to the rooster of the game you are playing. Its a really great feature, and thanks again to the heavy mod community of the PC world, there are some really great games to try.

System Wars come to reality
Kenshin+Aoshi vs Hitsugaya (Bankai)+ Shishio
Could Barney win this one??!!

For example, for us old folks, you have a Saint Seiya themed game called Mythologie. For the old and young, we have a Dragon Ball Z simply called Budokai M.U.G.E.N. And for those wanting to get some really good time out of it, we have Everything vs Everything, which has characters from TV shows, cartoons, anime, movies, video games, etc all pitted toghether in one game. And its really good, because the modders have created some really good .gifs of the characters, sometimes using the ones from the games, like the Gundam M.U.G.E.N project which is using the old PSX Gundam Battle Assault gifs, or the Budokai M.U.G.E.N which is using the old Super Battle 22 gifs along with some custom made ones.
But, one of the best Ive found is called after one of the best 2D fighting games, I will give you 3 lines to think about it.
Got it? No?
Well, the game is... .... .... .... .... ........ ......... ........... ..............
MARVEL vs CAPCOM 3
Yes, 3, its a fan made rendition of the marvelous MvC2 that we all love. The game now features some really good DC characters, as well as all the MvC2 characters and some new guys. The graphics are exactly the same, the backgrounds also, and they even got all the attacks. Of course, some moves had to be changed to suit the M.U.G.E.N engine, so neither Megaman nor Ryu can charge their attacks, and some combinations were simplified for this.
The game is really good, just see the images below and you will realise that they kept all the same past glory, and the best part, is that you can include new characters as you see fit, so lets say, that how about Snake got to fight against Ryu? Or Master Chief? Now all of that is possible.
Hadouken!
Hadouken!
crash landing
crash landing
Im the Juggernaut Bit**
Im the Juggernaut Bit**
Updated Rooster for MvC3
Updated Rooster for MvC3

I guess, that the best part of all this is, IT IS COMPLETELY LEGAL!!!. Yep, the engine is completely legal, and well, the material may be not due to copyright infringements, but it does not hurt anyone, since if you want the best experience, you should still go with the real deal, but if you want to have some "LOL" (god I hate that expression) moments, then its a sure bet.
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Boy, its been ages since I last tried this crap, and how did I went on whithout it for so long???
For those who are either noobs or just ignorants, M.U.G.E.N is a fighting game engine, completely customizable for the PC. Its source of material comes strictly from fan made content, but thanks to some dedicated fans, you can get some great material.
The game basically requires you to create the interface, backgrounds, animatios, attacks and then that is combined with the games engine and you get a new game out of nowhere. Well, actually out of what you did.
But dont worry, you dont need to know any "coding" to make your own. In fact, you can get characters from the internet (why hasnt this won a Nobel prize yet??) and then add them to "YOUR" game, or in its defect, add them to the rooster of the game you are playing. Its a really great feature, and thanks again to the heavy mod community of the PC world, there are some really great games to try.

For example, for us old folks, you have a Saint Seiya themed game called Mythologie. For the old and young, we have a Dragon Ball Z simply called Budokai M.U.G.E.N. And for those wanting to get some really good time out of it, we have Everything vs Everything, which has characters from TV shows, cartoons, anime, movies, video games, etc all pitted toghether in one game. And its really good, because the modders have created some really good .gifs of the characters, sometimes using the ones from the games, like the Gundam M.U.G.E.N project which is using the old PSX Gundam Battle Assault gifs, or the Budokai M.U.G.E.N which is using the old Super Battle 22 gifs along with some custom made ones.
But, one of the best Ive found is called after one of the best 2D fighting games, I will give you 3 lines to think about it.
Got it? No?
Well, the game is... .... .... .... .... ........ ......... ........... ..............
MARVEL vs CAPCOM 3
Yes, 3, its a fan made rendition of the marvelous MvC2 that we all love. The game now features some really good DC characters, as well as all the MvC2 characters and some new guys. The graphics are exactly the same, the backgrounds also, and they even got all the attacks. Of course, some moves had to be changed to suit the M.U.G.E.N engine, so neither Megaman nor Ryu can charge their attacks, and some combinations were simplified for this.
The game is really good, just see the images below and you will realise that they kept all the same past glory, and the best part, is that you can include new characters as you see fit, so lets say, that how about Snake got to fight against Ryu? Or Master Chief? Now all of that is possible.
Hadouken!
Hadouken!
crash landing
crash landing
Im the Juggernaut Bit**
Im the Juggernaut Bit**
Updated Rooster for MvC3
Updated Rooster for MvC3

I guess, that the best part of all this is, IT IS COMPLETELY LEGAL!!!. Yep, the engine is completely legal, and well, the material may be not due to copyright infringements, but it does not hurt anyone, since if you want the best experience, you should still go with the real deal, but if you want to have some "LOL" (god I hate that expression) moments, then its a sure bet.
Andrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Andrew
DragoonKain1687 said:
.... IT IS COMPLETELY LEGAL!!!. Yep, the engine is completely legal, and well, the material may be not due to copyright infringements, but it does not hurt anyone, since if you want the best experience, you should still go with the real deal, but if you want to have some "LOL" (god I hate that expression) moments, then its a sure bet."
umm I dont think mugen is legal...  I think its on the same level as ROMS...  and well "mugen" the program may be legal, using ANYONES characters certainly is not ....  Anyone?
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Thats what I said dude. Characters are copyright infringement, but the soft itself is not illegal.

Andrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Andrew

Sure, but this post is on par with saying ... GO USE ZSNES TO PLAY YOUR SUPER NINTENDO!!!!... BUT DONT USE ROMS!!! (WINK!)

sidenote: good post... its been awhile since ive heard anything on mugen!!
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DragoonKain1687

No, actually it could be the same as saying, go grab a piece of paper a draw Goku, Link, Snake, etc. You do know that fanpics are ilegal actually right? On the same par than this.

Andrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Andrew

No worries, I just dont want you getting modded...  be safe!!!

DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DragoonKain1687

I did my homework before posting, so to be safe. Mugen is a legal tool, and its mods are not that ilegal as long as I dont provide links and the sort.