Muse - "Madness" Revealed in just one 30 Minutes!

KingdomCome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KingdomCome

To those of who haven't read my introductory thread, my names James, and Im a massive Muse obsessive, having seen them live several times (The best of which being Wembley Stadium on September 11th 2010 and Leeds Festival last August 19th). Well, for anyone of who's a fellow Muse fanatic, here's a friendly reminder that the latest single from the upcoming sixth album, "The 2nd Law" is set to be unveiled on BBC Radio 1 at 7:30! Get ready for another incredible song guys!

Edit: Apologies for the error in the thread title.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By ESREVER

Muse! I use to listen to them lots and lots back in the day. Still one of my favorite concert experiences when I saw them at ACL. Of course I'm now looking forward to hearing their new stuff. Thanks for the headsup. I'm pretty terrible with keeping up with my favorite artists, so this helps.

KingdomCome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KingdomCome

@ESREVER said:

Muse! I use to listen to them lots and lots back in the day. Still one of my favorite concert experiences when I saw them at ACL. Of course I'm now looking forward to hearing their new stuff. Thanks for the headsup. I'm pretty terrible with keeping up with my favorite artists, so this helps.

No problem, glad to help out a fellow Muse fan.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Sure, I like Muse. They don't have the FIRE they had in their sound in the past, their latest album is a boring rock pop fest, but hey, I'll check out this new single.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By AssInAss

I love Zane Lowe, but not the song. It's understated and minimal sure, but didn't leave much of an impression. Bellamy's voice was good, though.

Surely can't be bad as The Resistance, wtf were they thinking.

KingdomCome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KingdomCome

@AssInAss said:

I love Zane Lowe, but not the song. It's understated and minimal sure, but didn't leave much of an impression. Bellamy's voice was good, though.

Surely can't be bad as The Resistance, wtf were they thinking.

It was incredibly vocally led sure but that ending was, incredible...

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MarkWahlberg

NO ONE'S GONNA TAKE ME ALLIIIIVE

mrduncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mrduncan

Nice, way better than I was expecting!

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By jasta
@KingdomCome said:

The best of which being Wembley Stadium on September 11th 2010 

Nice, I was there for both nights. DEM SPACESHIPS.

Edit: Songs pretty dope.

Here it is to save people searching - 

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By EuanDewar

Oh wow, thems some bad lyrics but the rest isn't awful. Some nice Queen influences in there, if Muse were like this more often I probably wouldn't hate them.

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

I like it!

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Morrow

Muse is the only band of which I own all albums. I love Bellamy's voice, but their new style with the dubstep parts isn't really my style.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Not too bad. Not in love with it but it could grow on me, the ending's pretty great. I used to be a massive Muse fan, I still think they're one of the best live bands you can see, but that last album was...not good. Really hoping they get me back on board with this one. Also this is kinda a strange choice for a single.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By ESREVER

Not a strong single, honestly :/ I looooooove Bellamy's voice, but this seemed way to relaxed compared to what he can really do. Maybe that was the point? When is a new album supposed to be out?

Ah well, time to listen to some Newborn.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By OmegaPirate

@ESREVER said:

Not a strong single, honestly :/ I looooooove Bellamy's voice, but this seemed way to relaxed compared to what he can really do. Maybe that was the point? When is a new album supposed to be out?

Ah well, time to listen to some Newborn.

1st october supposedly

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By benpicko

All of the songs they've released from the new album so far have been terrible... Not looking good, really.

KingdomCome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KingdomCome

@benpicko said:

All of the songs they've released from the new album so far have been terrible... Not looking good, really.

Thats your personal opinion, and whilst mine may perhaps be biased due to them having been my favourite band from the age of around 11 (18 now) I have found them to diverse, enjoyable and extremely fun to listen to. And I for one can't wait for both the full albums release in October and to hear these tracks live in all there glory in November...

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By benpicko

@KingdomCome said:

@benpicko said:

Thats your personal opinion, and whilst mine may perhaps be biased due to them having been my favourite band from the age of around 11 (18 now) I have found them to diverse, enjoyable and extremely fun to listen to. And I for one can't wait for both the full albums release in October and to hear these tracks live in all there glory in November...

They've been one of my favourite bands for a while, too. The Resistance was a step in the wrong direction for me, and this looks like it's going to be even worse. The end of this song is alright, but it just sounds like it should be on a Bellamy solo album.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Heltom92

Hmm sounds interesting, will have to give it a few more listens before I make my mind up. I'm a big fan of Muse so I'm looking forward to the new album.

That Olympic song they did was pretty shit though.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Canteu

Muse have lost their touch it seems. Too bad.

Maybe one day they'll make another Absolution or Symmetry.

I shall await that day.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rafaelfc

m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-meh...

my red alert is now officially on for what I was expecting to be my album of the year...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By TheHT

First half was boring, rest was interesting, in a good way. The Resistance wasn't nearly as memorable as the previous work, but it too was interesting.

We'll see what they came up with in September I suppose.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mandude

Pretty interesting. Not the biggest fan of their later stuff, despite the ELO vibes I get from some of them, which are always welcome.

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Thoseposers

i've grown to enjoy this song and i'm interested to see how these three songs fit together with the album. They're one of my favorite bands and i really loved their exogenesis symphony. I can understand why some people don't like the direction they're going but i'm super pumped to see it all.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mandude

@Thoseposers said:

i've grown to enjoy this song and i'm interested to see how these three songs fit together with the album. They're one of my favorite bands and i really loved their exogenesis symphony. I can understand why some people don't like the direction they're going but i'm super pumped to see it all.

I can kind of understand it. They're almost going into a different genre with some of their stuff, which is fine if you like those genres, but not everyone will. Staying fresh, but keeping true to yourself is a delicate art.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Xeiphyer

Not bad, not really what I'm looking for from Muse though. Hopefully the rest of their album is better.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By JCTango

@KingdomCome: Nice - I love MUSE as well :) Got a chance to see them live a few years ago - it was my first live concert! Had a great time. Looking forward to their new stuff!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By MikkaQ

I'm still waiting for them to top Origin of Symmetry but their sound is so far from there at this point that I doubt it. They're more like a... not as good Queen these days. I still really like em though.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Yeah...not loving this. Or even liking it. They're an immensely talented group of musicians, and what I'm looking for from them is something that actually showcases their musicianship. This is just electronics-laden pop with good vocals (apart from that awful synth voice throughout the entire song). The only album I own of theirs is Absolution, and there's some pretty great stuff on there. Much of the other older shit I've heard is good as well, but this current sound seems so far removed from what made them interesting in the first place that it doesn't even seem like the same band.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Karkarov

It is no knights of cydonia but it isn't a bad single. I got a hardcore dubstep buddy at work I will point him to it may or may not appreciate it more than me.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32  Edited By veektarius

I enjoyed that. I think that reining in the singer and focus on all the interesting sounds they always come up with is the way to go with Muse.

shermanatorek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By shermanatorek

@Rafaelfc: Speaking of MEH...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By TheHT

Listening to this more, it's kind of refreshing to hear a song that emphasizes Matt singing.

Fascismo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Fascismo

I love Origin of Symmetry, Absolution, and Black Holes, and I still listen to them pretty regularly. I want really badly to like their newer stuff, but none of it's clicked with me yet.

I'll give the new single a few more listens, but my first impression is that it takes a little too long to get off the ground. The last minute or so hits pretty hard, but not enough to justify the monotony of what came before it.