• 90 results
joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By joey

Stevie Wonder used autotune while performing with the Jonas Brothers at the Grammy Awards.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

maybe just his talent died, because music already died a long time ago.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Snipzor

He must not have wanted to use skill, afterall, he was with the Jonas Brothers. I wouldn't waste any resource next to them.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By turboman

Next up:

Miley Cyrus performs featuring Radiohead.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Milkman
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"maybe just his talent died, because music already died a long time ago."
If you believe that music has died, then you're either not looking hard enough or you're ignorant.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

That was pretty bad. Stevie is one of my favorite musicians ever, and I hate to see him succomb to these trends and acts. I thought he was above that. Well, he is still immortal in my eyes anyway.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Snipzor
Milkman said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
If you believe that music has died, then you're either not looking hard enough or you're ignorant."
No, it's a rotting corpse by now. Stop defending it.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Milkman
Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
If you believe that music has died, then you're either not looking hard enough or you're ignorant."
No, it's a rotting corpse by now. Stop defending it."
Why? Because Soulja Boy is on the radio? Music is bigger than the radio and its way bigger than the Grammys.
Avatar image for gobiasindustries
GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By GobiasIndustries

Wow that's fucking terrible :/. Stevie Wonder doesn't need to lower himself to that shit, he's already a god among men.

Oh well, I'll just pretend it never happened.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Snipzor
Milkman said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
Why? Because Soulja Boy is on the radio? Music is bigger than the radio and its way bigger than the Grammys."
Then why is it that when I had tried to find any quality music, I can't find anything? Unless it is between 1960-1979.
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By dsplayer1010
TurboMan said:
"Next up:
"
And Katy Perry with Paul McCartney
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Dalai

Stevie Wonder?  Autotune?  Jonas Brothers?  Grammys?

I hope he goes blind.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By CreamyGoodness

No Caption Provided
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JoelTGM
Milkman said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
or both.  I'm not a modern music fan, only music I'll let into my ears is orchestral
Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mercator
Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
Why? Because Soulja Boy is on the radio? Music is bigger than the radio and its way bigger than the Grammys."
Then why is it that when I had tried to find any quality music, I can't find anything? Unless it is between 1960-1979."
We have been over this. Thats not musics fault...its yours.

There is plenty of great original and important music being made everyday and you are  ignorant to think otherwise.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Milkman
Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
Then why is it that when I had tried to find any quality music, I can't find anything? Unless it is between 1960-1979."
Like I said, because you're not looking hard enough. To say there is NO good music out there is just stupid.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RHCPfan24
Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
True this, though I do like the 80s and 90s as well. Still, music today is mostly shit. The only stuff I like is music from decades old bands (Metallica, Bruce, RHCP, Radiohead).
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#18  Edited By dsplayer1010
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"Milkman said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
or both.  I'm not a modern music fan, only music I'll let into my ears is orchestral"
There is definitely some good modern music out there. Most of it is just drowned out by garbage
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Snipzor
Mercator said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:

There is plenty of great original and important music being made everyday and you are  ignorant to think otherwise."
Correction; from 1780-1979. I'm still a huge fan of classical.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo . . .

Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mercator
Snipzor said:
"Mercator said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:

There is plenty of great original and important music being made everyday and you are  ignorant to think otherwise."
Correction; from 1780-1979. I'm still a huge fan of classical."
FFS,

Classical as a genre still exists.

You're a fool.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Mercator said:
"Snipzor said:
"Mercator said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:

FFS,

You're a fool."
Classical is a period of music from the mid- 1700s to the early 1800s. It ended a loooooooooooooooong time ago. It isn't a genre at all.
Avatar image for gobiasindustries
GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GobiasIndustries

Yeah I don't think music is dead. I think mainstream music is dead.

Look back on the eras of great music, it's not like everything coming out was amazing. It's just that the great stuff withstood the test of time and the other garbage faded into obscurity.

I think modern music is the most fascinating just because of the HUGE amount of experimentation and different types of great music that people can easily access because of the internet.

There's bands like Radiohead (well none really like them, but a lot of good ones nonetheless) that are completely breaking down boundaries and making some of the most original and amazing music of all time.

Now, of course, you're not going to hear great music on the radio, but that's the beauty of technology, you can find music to suit your tastes, or even open your mind to different types of wonderful music.

In other words, if you want new music to sound like old music, just listen to old music.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PowerSerj
Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
Oh, the ignorance. Just because modern music doesn't satisfy your musical taste doesn't mean it's garbage. It just means you're very close-minded musically.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Snipzor
Mercator said:
"Snipzor said:
"Mercator said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:

FFS,

You're a fool."
Not necessarily, there is Orchestral and there is Classical. Frank Zappa doing orchestra is not classical. What we've got now is generally neoclassical, which is not a subgenre that I enjoy.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Milkman
Arkthemaniac said:
"Mercator said:
"Snipzor said:
"Mercator said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:

FFS,

You're a fool."
Classical is a period of music from the mid- 1700s to the early 1800s. It ended a loooooooooooooooong time ago. It isn't a genre at all."
Uh...no. You don't know what classical music is. Go read up.

While you do that I'm gonna watch a 9 month pregnant M.I.A. perform on stage. Pfft...and you say music is dead.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Arkthemaniac
PowerSerj said:
Oh, the ignorance. Just because modern music doesn't satisfy your musical taste doesn't mean it's garbage. It just means you're very close-minded musically."
Not necessarily. Just because this music is accepted as mainstream doesn't make it good, and that if someone doesn't like it it's their fault. The rap nowadays sucks. Fact.
Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mercator

OK so I made a foolish statement...it doesnt change the fact you are a fool.

Music is more diverse than ever, and just like games have evolved so has music.

The fact you cannot seem to enjoy the ENDLESS amount of music being created is sad.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PowerSerj
Arkthemaniac said:
"PowerSerj said:
Oh, the ignorance. Just because modern music doesn't satisfy your musical taste doesn't mean it's garbage. It just means you're very close-minded musically."
Not necessarily. Just because this music is accepted as mainstream doesn't make it good, and that if someone doesn't like it it's their fault. The rap nowadays sucks. Fact."
But I never said mainstream, I said modern. Your reply just reinforces my statement that people who think there's no more good music are either ignorant or just too damn lazy to move beyond the radio and music videos. OR, possibly in your case, you just don't enjoy the music, which is totally acceptable as long as you don't label said music as crap.
Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mercator
Arkthemaniac said:
"PowerSerj said:
Not necessarily. Just because this music is accepted as mainstream doesn't make it good, and that if someone doesn't like it it's their fault. The rap nowadays sucks. Fact."
You are nuts...there is plenty of great hiphop...and plenty thats ass terrible.

I assume you both are moved by and adore music...how can you be so closed minded about something you hold so dear?

I seriously live under the impression I have never heard my favorite band and in the process have found band after band that have slid into the favorite slot...but the best is still out there.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Mercator said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"PowerSerj said:

I assume you both are moved by and adore music...how can you be so closed minded about something you hold so dear?

I seriously live under the impression I have never heard my favorite band and in the process have found band after band that have slid into the favorite slot...but the best is still out there."
Recommend me some rap tunes and I'll tell you what I think, but I've yet to hear a rap song in the past three years that is good that didn't come out a decade ago.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RHCPfan24
GobiasIndustries said:
"Yeah I don't think music is dead. I think mainstream music is dead.

Look back on the eras of great music, it's not like everything coming out was amazing. It's just that the great stuff withstood the test of time and the other garbage faded into obscurity.

I think modern music is the most fascinating just because of the HUGE amount of experimentation and different types of great music that people can easily access because of the internet.

There's bands like Radiohead (well none really like them, but a lot of good ones nonetheless) that are completely breaking down boundaries and making some of the most original and amazing music of all time.

Now, of course, you're not going to hear great music on the radio, but that's the beauty of technology, you can find music to suit your tastes, or even open your mind to different types of wonderful music.

In other words, if you want new music to sound like old music, just listen to old music."
And thankfully, there is a LOT of old music. Enough to last me my lifetime.

And classical isn't dead.

Milkman said:
"Arkthemaniac said
Classical is a period of music from the mid- 1700s to the early 1800s. It ended a loooooooooooooooong time ago. It isn't a genre at all."

There is stuff out there. Even Braid's music can be considered classical, in a way.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Milkman
Arkthemaniac said:
"PowerSerj said:
No, that's not a fact at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And the War on Preference continues unabashed.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Milkman said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
Retard, that's CONTEMPORARY CLASSICAL MUSIC.
CLASSICAL MUSIC is not the same thing. Is BRITISH LITERATURE and CONTEMPORARY BRITISH LITERATURE the same?
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Snipzor
Milkman said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"PowerSerj said:
Even with what you have shown, I sill agree with Ark.
Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bonesofwar
Mercator said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"PowerSerj said:

I seriously live under the impression I have never heard my favorite band and in the process have found band after band that have slid into the favorite slot...but the best is still out there."
Show me something that can even stand up to Tupac, NWA, Public Enemy and I'll grant you three wishes.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Milkman
Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"PowerSerj said:
Even with what you have shown, I sill agree with Ark."
You don't like that? Well, here's some more that's completely different.

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#39  Edited By joey

Actually i watched it again and realized that Stevie Wonder was using a talkbox so that actually requires talent.

But still. The Jonas Brothers.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By End_Boss

It's good to see a few people standing up against the "the only good music is old music" stance that has become so typically regurgitated by so-called music "connoisseurs". The only reason you can't find any good music is that you aren't looking hard enough. Now, my head hurts enough as it is already, so can we just accept that obvious fact and move on?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By fr0br0
Milkman said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"PowerSerj said:

"
Why list rappers who were in their prime back in the 90's?

Get some newer faces like Talib Kweli, Lupe Fiasco and Jurassic 5.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By breadfan

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Milkman
Fr0Br0 said:
"Milkman said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"PowerSerj said:

"
Why list rappers who were in their prime back in the 90's?

Get some newer faces like Talib Kweli, Lupe Fiasco and Jurassic 5."
Jigga is always in his prime.
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By ThomasP

The acts were terrible. I was happy to see Robert Plant get a couple Grammys though.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RetroIce4
TurboMan said:
"Next up:
"
Suicide. Its a suicide.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Milkman
ThomasP said:
"The acts were terrible. I was happy to see Robert Plant get a couple Grammys though."
Dude, Robert Plant and Alison Krassus (I think that's how you spell her name) just won EVERYTHING. It was ridiculous.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47  Edited By Gunner
Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"Snipzor said:
"Milkman said:
"DOUBLESHOCK said:
Your missing the entire punk rock movement with those numbers.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By pause422
Snipzor said:
"He must not have wanted to use skill, afterall, he was with the Jonas Brothers. I wouldn't waste any resource next to them."
That's pretty much all that needs to be said.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#49  Edited By Black_Rose
joey said:
"Stevie Wonder used autotune while performing with the Jonas Brothers at the Grammy Awards."
I tuned in to see the grammys and this was the first thing i saw. I almost vomited.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#50  Edited By jakob187

Music died, huh?

Last I checked, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss won Album of the Year.

Nope, music didn't die.  It got rewarded!  = D