#1 Posted by Aegon (5393 posts) -

I remember there was a site where you would enter the type of music you like and it would spew out recommendations. Do any of you know something like that? All I've been listening to lately is Daft Punk, Michael Jackson and some songs from here and there that I like. 

#2 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

Nope, but I would like to know! I know that Pandora Radio had something similar to that, but I didn't like it.

#3 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

Last.fm

#4 Posted by JaredA (820 posts) -

Spotify is pretty helpful for me. You can go to a band's page and they have a list of about 10 or so similar artists. Most of the time the suggestions are pretty helpful in finding new, good music.

#5 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

I generally use band pages on Spotify and AllMusic to find similar/inspirational/influenced groups

#6 Edited by Thrillhouse87 (228 posts) -
#7 Posted by Aegon (5393 posts) -
@Thrillhouse87 said:

@H2Oyea: is this the site? http://www.music-map.com/

I actually ran into that site while searching, but I was looking for last.fm 

Anyways, thanks for the replies guys.
#8 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -

Yup, Last.fm is your place.

#9 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (615 posts) -

I've replaced all music-radio-recommendation programs with Spotify, because Spotify is fucking amazing.

#10 Edited by Chop (1994 posts) -

last.fm is fantastic and plenty of fun but what you really need to do is find a few blogs to follow that match your taste.

#11 Edited by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

last.fm

Download spotify if you want but thats seems like a waste of time when there are quicker ways out there.

#12 Posted by Aegon (5393 posts) -
@Chop said:

last.fm is fantastic and plenty of fun but what you really need to do is find a few blogs to follow that match your taste.

No idea where to find those. Got any you wanna recommend?
#13 Posted by Chop (1994 posts) -

@H2Oyea said:

@Chop said:

Totally depends on the kind of music you like. Try making a last.fm account and post it here. If people can see what you're into, you'll get better suggestions.

#14 Posted by Whamola (127 posts) -

Basically last.fm, or just find out what bands your favorite band likes.

#15 Posted by notjw (12 posts) -
#16 Posted by predator (349 posts) -
#17 Posted by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -

@Chop said:

@H2Oyea said:

@Chop said:

Totally depends on the kind of music you like. Try making a last.fm account and post it here. If people can see what you're into, you'll get better suggestions.

This is really the best recommendation, I've gotten and given a lot of music recommendations to my friends. Also, their is always Gorillaz, because only people with bad taste don't like them.

#18 Posted by Aegon (5393 posts) -
#19 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -

I just follow labels that I like on twitter. 

#20 Posted by shinboy630 (1133 posts) -

@notjw said:

http://www.stereomood.com/ is another one. You find music based off its "mood".

I laughed pretty damn hard at the "Make Love" option.

#21 Posted by lead_farmer (1040 posts) -
#23 Posted by Aegon (5393 posts) -

@jarber

Why'd you delete your post? Is it cause you realized you were bumping a year old thread? Haha. Well in any case, I read your post from your profile page.

#24 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4329 posts) -

I've replaced all music-radio-recommendation programs with Spotify, because Spotify is fucking amazing.

This, their pandora esque radio stations work better than actual pandora.