• 60 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Aegon (5637 posts) -

I could say that this I'm doing this just out of interest, but I won't. I need some stuff for my iPhone. What can you listen to A LOT and not get so sick of it that you don't want to hear it ever again. Just for your info, I like Daft Punk quite a bit....and classical music, but mostly just good music in general. So make of that what you will.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I've listened to this more times than I care to admit, so that might be a place to start.

#3 Posted by c0kemusheen (64 posts) -

Creedence Clearwater Revival. Something very soothing about their music

#4 Posted by Aegon (5637 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I've listened to this more times than I care to admit, so that might be a place to start.

Ahem...

@VGKing said:

This is probably the best song about masturbation I've ever listened to.

Nice try.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@H2Oyea:

You expect me to keep track of every video I comment on?

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Unless you make some rules for discussing the music people are gonna suggest, this thread will turn into a 10-page gallery of people posting a youtube video of their personal favorite tune.

#7 Edited by Aegon (5637 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Unless you make some rules for discussing the music people are gonna suggest, this thread will turn into a 10-page gallery of people posting a youtube video of their personal favorite tune.

I don't really mind that, but is there a certain format you prefer?

#8 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: I didn't expect you to link Hatsune Miku, respect points up!

You know, even though it's still relatively recent I feel like I'll keep listening to the Persona 3 and 4 soundtrack for many years to come.

#9 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -

ABBA

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@Video_Game_King: I didn't expect you to link Hatsune Miku, respect points up!

Isn't it usually the opposite?

#11 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Video_Game_King: I didn't expect you to link Hatsune Miku, respect points up!

Isn't it usually the opposite?

On this site it is, but hey, there are a few of us appreciators out there.

#12 Edited by benpicko (2008 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Unless you make some rules for discussing the music people are gonna suggest, this thread will turn into a 10-page gallery of people posting a youtube video of their personal favorite tune.

I'm pretty sure that's the point, isn't it?

I'd post every Arctic Monkey song off the album 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not' and a lot of Oasis songs if I could.

#13 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Video_Game_King: I didn't expect you to link Hatsune Miku, respect points up!

Isn't it usually the opposite?

It should be.
#14 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

persona 3, persona 4, Britney Spears Toxic.

#15 Posted by EuanDewar (4922 posts) -

Bowie. Velvet Underground. Certain Radiohead albums. A bit of PJ Harvey.

I want to say the White Stripes but I don't believe myself but ohhhh I do love them so.

#16 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@benpicko: Well, I think his point was that this might get locked like previous "POST MUSIC VIDEO STUFF WEEEE" topics did.

#17 Posted by Demoskinos (14830 posts) -

Obviously anything from Nickleback or Celine Dion. Canada is the country that keeps on giving.

#18 Posted by Aegon (5637 posts) -

@Dagbiker: I've listen to P3&4 tracks so much...I feel like I need to give them a break along with the Devil Survivor OST.

#19 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

This:

Mainly because of all of the "Quad City vs." videos.

#20 Posted by EuanDewar (4922 posts) -

Oh and Queen, hopefully.

#21 Posted by Harkat (1102 posts) -

If you like Daft Punk, check out Leftfield and Orbital. Mostly 90's stuff, so I guess it qualifies as having stood the test of time, because I still can't get enough of it. Great music. Samples:

#22 Posted by JayDee (439 posts) -

any act that has a strong and loyal fanbase who will continue to follow when they fall off popularity wise or are no longer making music.

#23 Edited by JasonR86 (9707 posts) -

I think new music that will stand up well, for older and new listeners, is music that doesn't fit very easily into a specific genre of music or it has a solid enough melody and construction that it stands apart from when it was released. The first band I thought of was Mute Math. I don't think every track they've made will stand up over time but I think they've made some tracks that really stands apart from music being made now. I think that is what it takes for music to stand the test of time; it's uniqueness when it was first created and it's potential to be unique decades later.

#24 Posted by benpicko (2008 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@benpicko: Well, I think his point was that this might get locked like previous "POST MUSIC VIDEO STUFF WEEEE" topics did.

Yeah I knew his point, but if the dubstep thread is still going, why wouldn't this?

#25 Posted by GunstarRed (5186 posts) -
#26 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@benpicko said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@benpicko: Well, I think his point was that this might get locked like previous "POST MUSIC VIDEO STUFF WEEEE" topics did.

Yeah I knew his point, but if the dubstep thread is still going, why wouldn't this?

How long has the dubstep thread been up? I had a music thread up a good week or so before it was finally locked.

#27 Posted by Aegon (5637 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: This is the only song on the Space Jam OST that matters, even though Steve Miller's version is better:

#28 Posted by benpicko (2008 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@benpicko said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@benpicko: Well, I think his point was that this might get locked like previous "POST MUSIC VIDEO STUFF WEEEE" topics did.

Yeah I knew his point, but if the dubstep thread is still going, why wouldn't this?

How long has the dubstep thread been up? I had a music thread up a good week or so before it was finally locked.

There are a few that are still going, and I'm pretty sure the oldest is a few months old. Jeff must be threatening the mods to stop them locking them haha.

#29 Posted by eugenesaxe (199 posts) -

Pink Floyd, esp. Animals/Wish You Were Here. Lotsa instrumentals. Classical is good too, if you just want background music.

#30 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6299 posts) -

There is one song that will stand the test of time forever and ever. A song that took the frustrations and aspirations of 2011 America and summed them up in a single, blood-curdling cry. A song that captured the voice of a generation. A song that will be forever remembered for its moving, inspiring message, riveting symbolism, and poetic lyrics.

One song, and one song only.

BALLSOHARDMAFUCKASWANNAFINEME

#31 Posted by Zidane_24 (738 posts) -

I think a lot of classic rock will still be around in a few decades. Queen, Zeppelin, etc.

I also think Daft Punk is gonna hang around for a long time.

#32 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@benpicko said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@benpicko said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@benpicko: Well, I think his point was that this might get locked like previous "POST MUSIC VIDEO STUFF WEEEE" topics did.

Yeah I knew his point, but if the dubstep thread is still going, why wouldn't this?

How long has the dubstep thread been up? I had a music thread up a good week or so before it was finally locked.

There are a few that are still going, and I'm pretty sure the oldest is a few months old. Jeff must be threatening the mods to stop them locking them haha.

I knew it! total bias going on here!

#33 Posted by FlyBikes06 (86 posts) -

black sabbath

#34 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

@H2Oyea said:

@FluxWaveZ: This is the only song on the Space Jam OST that matters, even though Steve Miller's version is better:

Your wrong, these two matter much more.

#35 Posted by Chias (81 posts) -

I personally believe that this song is great and will last for a quite a while, also anything off the Bastion soundtrack. Mainly Setting Sail, Coming Home though.

#36 Posted by Chuggsy (554 posts) -

SKAAAAAAAAA

#37 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

How about some old Kanye West and Adam Levine before he made pop songs:  
       

#38 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: You just opened a HUGE can of nostalgia...

#39 Posted by DeF (4887 posts) -

most of the stuff created to take advantage of trends is NOT gonna stand the test of time. or basically music geared towards teenagers/kids.

#40 Edited by Tomzombie (397 posts) -

Bach music is around 500 years old and its still standing the test of time. and they even put his music on the golden record out into space on the satellite tell other world spices what humans are.

#41 Posted by NTM (7379 posts) -

Try to find something that has no lyrics, those are often songs that you probably won't get sick of. If I had to just pull one out of my hat right now, and although I wouldn't recommend it to everyone (maybe I would), I'd say try Miami Vice's soundtrack from Jan Hammer. Do you like this song at all? It may be too slow paced for you. It's not like Daft Punk (and coincidentally I was just listening to the Tron: Legacy soundtrack).

There are a lot of songs/soundtracks from games and film that I can recommend as well. I much prefer songs that don't have lyrics, though I know a lot of songs that do have them in there as well.

#42 Posted by Foxtrot0245 (319 posts) -
#43 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -
@Chuggsy: look at you, you're a winner.
#44 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6299 posts) -

@Tomzombie said:

Bach music is around 500 years old and its still standing the test of time. and they even put his music on the golden record out into space on the satellite tell other world spices what humans are.

I don't know why the fuck it put the video above the quote thing, but you get the idea.

#45 Posted by JayDee (439 posts) -

can someone explain what music you don't get sick of has anything to do with being able to stand the test of time?

#46 Posted by Chuggsy (554 posts) -

@SuperWristBands: I'm a winner! It's just a simple as that.

#47 Posted by Aegon (5637 posts) -

@JayDee: Everything.

#48 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

Led Zeppelin, Queen, David Bowie and maybe some Coldplay.

Also

#49 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

The Bug

#50 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

@H2Oyea said:

I could say that this I'm doing this just out of interest, but I won't. I need some stuff for my iPhone. What can you listen to A LOT and not get so sick of it that you don't want to hear it ever again. Just for your info, I like Daft Punk quite a bit....and classical music, but mostly just good music in general. So make of that what you will.

If you're into Daft Punk, did you know they're behind the Tron: Legacy soundtrack? It's pretty slick.