Musicians?

euryb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By euryb

So who here plays an instrument what kinda gear do have and how long have you been playing? I play bass I've got an Ibanez GSR200 and a Schecter Stiletto Elite 5 String and i play through either a Fender Rumble 15 or a Peavy Max 115.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By keyhunter

I've got everything. Literally everything. There aren't many instruments or pieces of equipment that I don't have. I could literally set up a live performance for several hundred people for most styles of music in my house or back yard.

The only one I regularly play though is my 1993 Roland E-35 keyboard. I less frequently play my fender stratocaster, because I aints got no time for that shit no more.

Also the bass guitar is usually inaudible and requires no skill. You should probably start playing a real instrument.

HonoredSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By HonoredSamurai

Samick with a pick up. 1987 BC Rich swayback cherry red. Casually played for fun for about 3 years  between high school and college.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mattysen
@keyhunter: That's pretty damn cold sonny jims! I play guitar -- Mexican Fender Tele though a orange practice amp. Or keys with a microkorg synth or ableton synths runing though an axiom 49. I'm not huge in the hardware department, I programme music in the computer about 10x times more than I actually play my instruments
euryb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By euryb
@keyhunter: you have no idea how many times i've heard this about bass in the 8 years i've been playing. Bass is the backbone of the band without the bass filling the gap between guitar and drums there would be nothing. also it all comes down to the tone your using if the bass is inaudible. as far as skill ive seen guys whos played guitar for 15 years who cant play a basic groove on bass.
Spwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Spwn

Bass gear: Warwick Corvette STD 4-string, Warwick Take 12 80W, Tech21 Sansamp Bass Driver DI Programmable.

Guitar grear: Ephiphone Les Paul Custom, Line 6 PodXT Live

The Warwick is definitely my main-instrument. If I had money, I'd buy a good amp and cabinet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Pianoooooooo 

seriously, you don't need a band when you can play piano. The band might need you though :P

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

I play guitar (Fender Strat), been doing so for maybe 2-3 years now.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By FlipperDesert
@Euryb said:
" @keyhunter: you have no idea how many times i've heard this about bass in the 8 years i've been playing. Bass is the backbone of the band without the bass filling the gap between guitar and drums there would be nothing. also it all comes down to the tone your using if the bass is inaudible. as far as skill ive seen guys whos played guitar for 15 years who cant play a basic groove on bass. "
He's ribbing you duder (at least I hope he is), drummers get the same thing all the time.

I play the drums but I'm pretty out of practise, have dabbled in the bass and the guitar before as well but never stayed with them for long because I got to a point where I felt I wasn't really progressing.
Spwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Spwn

An this is for all the bass haters:

Sure, there are Pastorius, Wooten, Miller, Graham and co, but this song's just too catchy.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Dylabaloo

Recently got a tanglewood semi-acoustic  guitar but don't know how to play :P Anyone have any tips or websites that would be good for a beginner?

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By keyhunter
@Euryb said:

" @keyhunter: you have no idea how many times i've heard this about bass in the 8 years i've been playing. Bass is the backbone of the band without the bass filling the gap between guitar and drums there would be nothing. also it all comes down to the tone your using if the bass is inaudible. as far as skill ive seen guys whos played guitar for 15 years who cant play a basic groove on bass. "

I kid. Everyones gotta start somewhere. I myself also started on the Bass in grade 6 band practice.
 As a matter of fact, I like bass so much I'm going to invest 1500 dollars in 12 inch subs for my car so I can get MORE bass so I can listen to that west coast bangin' shit. A totally different kind of bass I know. But still. Bass is best.
JustinHopewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By JustinHopewell

I'm primarily a singer and use an Audix mic plugged into a TC-Helicon vocal effect box that can be used for anything from simple reverb to transducer, delay, or other effects that go well with our music. I also have a semi-hollow Ibanez electric guitar, an Alvarez-Yairi acoustic, a Moog theremin, a Pearl drumset, and a lot of random percussion instruments like woodblocks, shakers, various latin percussive thingamabobs. Sorry for the lack of model numbers... most of this stuff is up at our practice room and I can't be bothered to look it all up. : )

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Clinkz

Ya dude, 2:50-3:10, bassists sure have no skill. *sarcasm*