I know I can't be the only one who find it relaxing to pick up the old guitar and strum away for an hour or so just for relaxation, recreation, or just to keep my fingers busy and nimble. I'm curious to know what you play. Off course it goes for any instrument, maybe you have one of those Pie-anos. You play songs, your own songs, random chords, scales, arpeggios etc?
I have a pretty weird list of stuff I do before I even try something new (mind you I'm a guitar beginner at best):
- Hammering an open A minor for a while, trying to cycle through chords that fits.
- Blues scales that I'm pretty sure are completely wrong.
- House of the rising sun.
- Bisbee Blue by Calexico to which I try to sing badly. Laid back song.
- Sometimes tries to play The Bare Necessities from the Junglebook, for some weird reason.
- The last thing I play is hopefully something new I'm trying to learn, if i get that far.
I know I wont get far by playing the same things over and over. But as I said, it's just for some relaxation whenever I'm bored with everything else. (I will still try to play properly someday).