My AudioBoo Discovery

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Lashe

So I'm not sure how well known this service is but for those who don't know, AudioBoo is a neat little iPhone application which works like a "microcast", a term Jeff and Ryan have been throwing around on Twitter. Essentially, it's like Twitter in audio form and really worth checking out.

Using the (very limited) capacity of the iPhone I decided to mess with it and see what kind of sound quality I could actually get out the thing. After one attempt at trying to record my guitar with just the iPhone sitting there next to me, I was pretty unimpressed, however with some perhaps ridiculous mentality (or need to procrastinate),  I decided to try the iPhone's "hands free" headphones as a mic and tape it just under the sound hole of my guitar. The results are rather surprising to say the least!

I really think this could be a great wee platform but I'd be interested to hear comments from fellow Bombers on the service and quality in general

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By DanielJW

I thought it sounded really good. I've never tried this out since I don't have an iPhone, but it seems like a great concept. I'm interested to see if this Twitter style audio kind of model will catch on, it could get interesting.