My AudioBoo Experience

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Lashe

So I'm not sure how well known this service is but for those who don't know, AudioBoo is a neat little iPhone application which works like a "microcast", a term Jeff and Ryan have been throwing around on Twitter, a mini audio blog or (as I have discovered) a potential medium for live music recordings.

Using the (very limited) capacity of the iPhone I decided to mess with it and see what kind of sound quality I could actually get out the thing - AudioBoo uses only the recording capabilities of the iPhone itself with the idea of a Twitter-like 'on the go' simplicity. After one attempt at trying to record my guitar with just the iPhone sitting there next to me, I was pretty unimpressed, however with some perhaps ridiculous mentality (or need to procrastinate), I decided to try the iPhone's "hands free" headphones as a mic and tape it just under the sound hole of my guitar. The results are rather surprising to say the least!

I really think this could be a great wee platform. With the ease of use and diversity of such a simple application, there isn't really much in the way of limits to such an idea. I'd be interested to hear comments from fellow Bombers on the service and quality in general, and if you haven't already -- check out AudioBoo.

[This is a repost of sorts, but I had intended to post this as a blog earlier - mods can feel free to delete the original from OT forums]

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Lashe

So I'm not sure how well known this service is but for those who don't know, AudioBoo is a neat little iPhone application which works like a "microcast", a term Jeff and Ryan have been throwing around on Twitter, a mini audio blog or (as I have discovered) a potential medium for live music recordings.

Using the (very limited) capacity of the iPhone I decided to mess with it and see what kind of sound quality I could actually get out the thing - AudioBoo uses only the recording capabilities of the iPhone itself with the idea of a Twitter-like 'on the go' simplicity. After one attempt at trying to record my guitar with just the iPhone sitting there next to me, I was pretty unimpressed, however with some perhaps ridiculous mentality (or need to procrastinate), I decided to try the iPhone's "hands free" headphones as a mic and tape it just under the sound hole of my guitar. The results are rather surprising to say the least!

I really think this could be a great wee platform. With the ease of use and diversity of such a simple application, there isn't really much in the way of limits to such an idea. I'd be interested to hear comments from fellow Bombers on the service and quality in general, and if you haven't already -- check out AudioBoo.

[This is a repost of sorts, but I had intended to post this as a blog earlier - mods can feel free to delete the original from OT forums]