• 141 results
JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By JCTango

@Tireyo643: It always sucks to hear this sort of thing happen... stay strong, man... but don't be afraid to grieve, mourn, or cry. Just remember that your dad probably doesn't want you staying sad about the whole thing for more than you should... he'd want you to live your life as best as you can after he's gone...

I'll leave you with this quote:

“Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Hope it helps.

Seraphim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Seraphim

On behalf of all the people who might not ever read this thread, but still wish you the best; our condolences.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By MeierTheRed

Sorry to hear, its not easy loosing family members, especially that close. This year i have already lost 3 family members, one suicide and 2 to cancer.

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#104  Edited By TheKing

I'm sorry for your loss.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#105  Edited By MocBucket62

I'm very sorry for your loss Tyler. Stay strong and you're family will be in my prayers!

spudtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By spudtastic

Peace to you. My mom died when I was eight. Kids weren't allowed to visit patients in rooms back then, and so I didn't spend much time seeing her before she passed.

YOUNGLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By YOUNGLINK

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I almost lost my dad earlier this year and it was the scariest thing I have ever gone through. I can't imagine your pain. Thoughts and prayers to you, brother.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#108  Edited By Bigheart711

My condolences go to you and your family as well. :(

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#109  Edited By jakob187

Condolences, broseph. We're all dust, but in the dust, we find true release and happiness.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Sorry to hear that duder.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e39f84edec3
deactivated-63e39f84edec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My condolences to you and your family fwllow duder!

justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#112  Edited By justinnotjason
Let no one weep for me, or celebrate my funeral with mourning; for I still live, as I pass to and fro through the mouths of men.
-Quintus Ennius

Sometimes the hardest part about cancer is how overwhelming the pain can be. My condolences to you and your family but, as I've experienced on my own, seek solace in knowing he's not in pain anymore.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#113  Edited By SSully

There is nothing worse then losing someone that you love so dearly. I can't act like I understand what you are going through, I have seen the pain my Dad felt when losing his parents, but witnessing that cannot compare to what you actually feel. I am sorry for your loss and wish you and your family the best. Stay strong and be there for your mother, she is going to need you.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#114  Edited By breadfan

I'm sorry for your loss. I've only lost one close member of my family, my grandfather, and that was very tough to deal with. I can't pretend to understand how you're feeling right now, but you have to stay strong. Take the grief in stride, but don't try to hide it or bury it within yourself. It will only make things worse that way.

I know know of this will really do much good, coming from some stranger on the internet, but I wish you and your family the best during this hard time.

Stay strong.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#115  Edited By breadfan

*I know none*

(sorry, can't edit on mobile site)

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By MrKlorox

That's absolutely terrible. Losing a parent is incredibly tough. You can't let your regrets get the best of you. When you're close to someone who dies you always feel like you could have done something different to make their final moments more bearable or even somehow prevent it from happening (my most recent close death was of my best friend who committed suicide about 9 moths ago). 

But from the looks of things, it was a long time coming and you guys knew about it before hand and had plenty of chances to reinforce that you loved him and don't hold him responsible for the way things turned out. My father died kindof similarly but kept his health situation from us up until just a few weeks before it got the best of him, and I could tell he died alone inside and with a guilty conscience. And now I have that guilty conscience and have no way of clearing it.

The dreams are going to be incredibly tough. You'll find yourself dreaming about him as if he was still alive and nothing was wrong, but feel this nagging sensation that something IS wrong. And as soon as you realize why and ask him about it or try and make it right (telling him you love him), you'll wake up and the horror of reality sets in again. Just try to remember you're not alone and that he knew you loved him. If he was somehow aware of how bad you feel, he would feel worse for subjecting you to it.

You'll also notice some song lyrics will take on new meanings. I was a fan of the band Death before my father's demise, but I never really understood the meaning behind many of the songs until afterward. A lot of people feel your pain, but it's not always something you realize until you're also capable of feeling theirs.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By habster3

Really sorry to hear that, man :( I guess all I can say (the same thing everyone else has said, really) is that you should try to take comfort in realizing that your father is no longer in pain.

Peteradcrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Peteradcrew

Sorry mate. Wish you all well.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Aquablak

I'm so sorry to hear that. You, your mom and your father's loved ones will be in my prayers. My heart aches for you all, and I wish you the very best. Take care.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for your loss.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By mordukai

@Tireyo643: Your tears will come, in time. Could take minutes, could take years. I am not gonna sugar coat. It's going to be tough and you probably never going to get very it but you need to learn to live with it. Right now you need to be strong. Don't forget you mom just lost a person who had a huge part in her life and for the first time in many years that person is no longer there. Just don't let this sadness eat away at her.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By iam3green

i'm sorry to hear that. it is terrible to hear someone in your family has passed away.

scampskinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By scampskinz

Unfortunately that is an inevitable part of life. I know it sucks but be glad you were able to say goodbye and that he was with his family when he passed. Just be sure to be there for your mom because she needs you. Also the reality of what happened hasn't sunk in yet. It could take a few days or more before your real emotions show themselves. That is normal. We are never guaranteed tomorrow so enjoy the people and things we have today before your unable to. I hope you feel better, dude.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#124  Edited By DoctorTran

Sorry to hear man.

Tye thought of losing my parents is something I've been stressing about since my grandmother passed in September. I just don't know how I'll cope with it.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Backflip

Wow buddy, that really sucks. I'm sorry to hear of your lose. You have my condolences

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Beaudacious

Man....Condolences duder.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By nail1080

Usually I would come to a post like this and bitch about how giantbomb is not the place for stuff like this, but I don't know. That's fucked up and I am very sorry for you.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#128  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@Tireyo643: I lost my father and went through the exact same thing you have last year. It's a terrible thing. I feel I should say it will get better, but it doesn't. Nothing will ever be the same again. You just learn and move on, with your father's spirit with you. I also found it hard to cry. Not because I didn't miss him, but because I felt like he would want me to be strong for my mother, my sister and myself. I can still remember what it was like. Though it was only months ago, it seems like a long time ago. I know we have never met before, but if you need someone to ask questions to, feel free to message me. I hope you eventually find a piece from it all. I would say I hope everything turns out well, but as someone who knows what this is like, those aren't the words you want to hear. I will say this: it will be OK in the end. Just keep your father's memory alive and well in you. You'll make him proud.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By BonOrbitz

You and your family have my condolences. Especially your grandfather. I hear that one of the worst things a parent can experience is losing a child because it's not supposed to happen that way.

It's a terrible loss and if it happened to me, I'd be somewhat thankful for knowing that it wasn't a sudden and unexpected loss.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#131  Edited By Tireyo

@bonorbitz said:

You and your family have my condolences. Especially your grandfather. I hear that one of the worst things a parent can experience is losing a child because it's not supposed to happen that way.

Everyone is really worried about him, especially when his two only kids died before him. My cousin isn't doing anything with his life, and I'm the only one that is literally holding up the family name proudly, or at least trying to because I ain't what you call sane.

evilbuddyholly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By evilbuddyholly

I'm very sorry about your loss. Your father was very lucky to have such loving, considerate people as yourself as family. Your father is with you even now and you are doing the right thing by soldiering on because that is what he wants. There is a method of thought that goes a little like this… you are everyone that you meet. Good, bad, friend and even foe. You don't embody the negative aspects but you grow stronger and (or) smarter, even if it is just a slight bit. Who you are/How you are is the legacy that you take forward from him. I hope for all the best for you moving forward. I am sincerely sorry for your loss. He is with the light as we all hopefully will be one day.

NickBOTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#133  Edited By NickBOTT

I'm very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. Stay strong man.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By BonOrbitz

@Tireyo643 said:

@bonorbitz said:

Everyone is really worried about him, especially when his two only kids died before him. My cousin isn't doing anything with his life, and I'm the only one that is literally holding up the family name proudly, or at least trying to because I ain't what you call sane.

That's wonderful, though I hope you don't see it as burden. Keep your educational goal in mind- use that as a positive beacon of light in these dark times. When it's all said and done, you'll (hopefully) feel pride and a wonderful sense of accomplishment in the name of your father and family. I don't know you or your family, but I'm sure there will be other members who will be proud of you and inspired by what you've done.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#135  Edited By Julmust

My condolences to you and your family. Can't imagine the feeling.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#136  Edited By big_jon

This happened to me in 2007, pretty weak.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Tireyo

@bonorbitz said:

@Tireyo643 said:

@bonorbitz said:

That's wonderful, though I hope you don't see it as burden. Keep your educational goal in mind- use that as a positive beacon of light in these dark times. When it's all said and done, you'll (hopefully) feel pride and a wonderful sense of accomplishment in the name of your father and family. I don't know you or your family, but I'm sure there will be other members who will be proud of you and inspired by what you've done.

I don't know about that... there is already a fight going on. I don't want to talk about it.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Ghostiet

I'm usually not for this kind o stuff on Giant Bomb, but Jesus. I'm not ready for anyone I know to pass away. I'm not sure I'll ever be. My condolences, if they mean anything.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#139  Edited By TheHBK

I have read about this kind of stuff so much, just trying to deal with loss like this. I know that people being shocked by your lack of tears might be a little hard for you to take or it might make you feel bad like something is wrong. Truth is that you have been mourning this loss for the longest time. You and your mom knew it was coming and it is normal that no tears would come out. Your mind feels like it lost your dad a long time ago. I am sorry for your loss but know that you guys will be ok, just remember to never give up, for each other.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Tireyo

@Ghostiet said:

I'm usually not for this kind o stuff on Giant Bomb, but Jesus. I'm not ready for anyone I know to pass away. I'm not sure I'll ever be. My condolences, if they mean anything.

They do mean something. By now, people should already know that I'm a bit unorthodox and crazy. You're part of that chain now. =-P I'll post just about anything... I just cannot seem to care anymore.

colinjw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By colinjw

Condolences dude