• 134 results
#1 Posted by natetodamax (19230 posts) -

My dad has been playing Black Ops multiplayer for roughly three and a half hours straight. He's second prestige and about halfway to third.

What about your dad? Does he play games?
#2 Edited by AjayRaz (12488 posts) -

he used to play Tetris and Virtual Pool. that's about it. oh, and Bust a Move!

#3 Posted by Enigma777 (6067 posts) -
Does Solitare count?
#4 Posted by Example1013 (4807 posts) -

My dad barely even plays board games. He used to be a professional musician, though, so I guess he's spent a lot of time playing something.

#5 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4942 posts) -

Haha, that's pretty cool. I don't think I've ever seen my dad pick up a game in my life lol, but w/e

I play in a PS3 clan with a few of fathers. I don't know why, but I find it funny that one minute they're shooting guys in the face and throwing around insults then talking about something funny their child did that day.

#6 Posted by ThePickle (4178 posts) -

My dad doesn't even know the difference between an Xbox 360 and PS3. I remember him playing some golf game on the Wii but that's about it. 

#7 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

That isn't hard to do.

#8 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

Nope, my Dad doesn't play anything.

#9 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I introduced him to Portal 2. He's liking it.

#10 Posted by natetodamax (19230 posts) -
@Azteck said:
That isn't hard to do.
Never said it was!
#11 Posted by Vexxan (4619 posts) -

My dad liked Formula 1 for N64 because it was a racing game. He never fired up the 64 and played alone thou, only multiplayer with me.

#12 Posted by crusader8463 (14433 posts) -

Nope. I think my mom would have been into it, but one day she was sitting around and read the seizure warning thing and she refused to play them after that since she is epileptic.

#13 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

My dad thinks video games have ruined my life and hates them! :D

#14 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6314 posts) -

My Dad prefers to stare cynically at the game console from the couch.

#15 Posted by laserbolts (5386 posts) -
I think my dad played a little bit of Mario back when we had a nes years ago. He always said they were a waste of time or that I was lazy for playing them. Still love the guy though.
#16 Posted by L1GHTN1N (600 posts) -

My dad has a 85 warrior, 77 druid, and 63? rogue on World of Warcraft, he's been playing off and on since Burning Crusade came out. He's also showing some interest when he sees me playing Starcraft II, might try and get him to give it a shot soon.

#17 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

My dad doesn't play any video games...

#18 Posted by KarlPilkington (2783 posts) -

My Dad is dead. Thanks for bringing that up.

#19 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

My dad used to play the Medal Of Honour games on the PS2, and he participates in the family game at Christmas or somthing, he often watches me playing. He tells me that he is to old for video games so it's why he dosn't play them.

#20 Edited by Kyreo (4603 posts) -
@natetodamax: My dad hates video games.  He has tried a few, but it has never worked out.

My uncle however, is WAY into RPGs and free to play MMOs.  He was the one that let me onto Baldur's Gate and a few other great games.
#21 Posted by JasonR86 (9742 posts) -
@natetodamax:

Neat!  Your dad is soooooooooo cool.
#22 Posted by awe_stuck (797 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
My dad has been playing Black Ops multiplayer for roughly three and a half hours straight. He's second prestige and about halfway to third.

not the gay ones. and, no my dad doesnt.
#23 Edited by Supercancer (183 posts) -

I used to play some NASCAR with my dad on the PS1 a while back. He always beat me.

Oh, and at the game as well.

#24 Posted by Sparklykiss (1985 posts) -

My dad has his own 360 and an SP. If he didn't have to work, he'd probably play more stuff than I do.

My mom, though, likes to watch us on occasion and hops in on all the party games and she has my SP that she sometimes uses for Tetris and stuff like that. She also goes insane if she hears something has Pac-Man or Centipede on it.
#25 Posted by natetodamax (19230 posts) -
@awe_stuck said:

@natetodamax said:

not the gay ones. and, no my dad doesnt.
There are games specifically catered to homosexuals? Who knew!

@L1GHTN1N said: 

My dad has a 85 warrior, 77 druid, and 63? rogue on World of Warcraft, he's been playing off and on since Burning Crusade came out. He's also showing some interest when he sees me playing Starcraft II, might try and get him to give it a shot soon.

Crazy!  
#26 Posted by amir90 (2179 posts) -

He plays buzz with the family every now and then.

#27 Posted by rentfn (1290 posts) -
@Chabbs0 said:
My Dad is dead. Thanks for bringing that up.
#28 Posted by Falx (347 posts) -

My dad plays EVE while he programs and when im home from uni, me, my dad, my uncle and cousins have a lan party with our PCs and play various FPS and RTS games til the early hours of the morning.

#29 Edited by MattyFTM (14442 posts) -

Well I should hope so, my dad is dead.

*awkward silence*

I like creating awkward silences.

#30 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1696 posts) -

My dad can spend an entire day playing Civilization or a Total War game. Hes actually the one that got me playing StarCraft and Diablo as a kid.

#31 Posted by Unchained (1090 posts) -

My dad was the one to get me into videogames. He bought an Atari 2600 when I was about 5. He played for about 2 days and grew bored of it. I latched on to it quickly, though, and thus began my obsession. 

I think he played a bit of duck hunt too, on the NES, but he is a jock like my brother and gets bored of videogames quite quickly. 
#32 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1777 posts) -

I used to play Mario Kart 64 with my dad. That's about it.

#33 Posted by Droop (1917 posts) -

My dad kinda got me in to gaming. He played Tomb Raider and Resident Evil on the Playstation and I remember me and my brother watching him play.

He's not really played much since. Maybe some iPhone games.
#34 Posted by JJOR64 (19098 posts) -

He does not play games.  All he does in his free time is watch sitcoms or watch sports.

#35 Posted by Video_Game_King (36271 posts) -

Yes, he does. He was once the King, you know.

#36 Posted by ikabubu (209 posts) -

My dad was the reason I started playing videogames. Whan I was 4, I used to sit next to him play Megaman 2 and Strider on the Genesis, flawlessly. Growing up, he would let me mess around with his Final Fantasy VII save file (as long as I didn't save it) and his 100% perfected Megaman X file. He's bought the Super Nintendo (Famicom, where we're from), SNES, Genesis, PS1, PS2, 360, and PS3. He thinks Yoji Shinkawa's art is cool, too. We're not averse to talking smack in Hot Pursuit. Last game he played was Vanquish, and loved the ridiculous-ness.

...Oh, and he's also the reason I have a taste for anime. Back in the day, we used to watch Macross, Voltron, Gatchaman, Daimos, Mazinger Z, and a bunch of other crap. We also like tokusatsu: live-action, spandex-wearing, Japanese superheroes (shameful, I know). Kamen Rider Black, Ultraman, Shaider... the good stuff. When I was about 2nd grade, I would come home from school around 4 PM. There was a block of tokusatsu on TV from 4PM to 6:30PM. My dad would come home at 5PM, and just quietly sit right next to me.

*Ahem*

Moral of story: It takes a nerd to raise a nerd. Is my nerd showing?
#37 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

The only time I got my dad into games was at the arcade. He loved Mad Dog McCree, Terminator 2, and the X-Men beat-em-up.

#38 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

If I would have had children, I bet we would be on Giant Bomb together. My dad played some Atari 2600 but not much.

#39 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -
@example1013 said:
My dad barely even plays board games. He used to be a professional musician, though, so I guess he's spent a lot of time playing something.
No way! My dad was a professional musician as well! 

The only game my dad has picked up was Wii Golf. Kicked my ass...
#40 Posted by bartok (2594 posts) -

My dad stopped before I was born. His favorite games were Dig Dug, Q Bert, and Combat.   My mom was the bigger gamer though she played strictly puzzle and casual games.   She was a beast at Dr. Mario and nearly God like at Super Puzzle Fighter.  Not to get depressing, but even towards the end she had her DS and would play Professor Layton, Picross 3D, and Meteos in the hospital.

#41 Posted by dragonzord (823 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
Does Solitare count?
If fucking Call of Duty counts then sure.
#42 Posted by EVO (3944 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
He does not play games.  All he does in his free time is watch sitcoms or watch sports.
Brother?!

My mom is hooked on Words With Friends and Flight Control HD. It's who I got my addictive personality from.
#43 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19399 posts) -

No he doesn't and I'm glad he doesn't.

#44 Posted by Management (596 posts) -

My dad was big into Red Alert 1 & 2, Quake and Doom before I was born. He also loves the Half-Life series. Other than those games though, no dice.

I'm thinking about introducing him to Portal 1 & 2, if not he will just have to wait for episode 3. 
#45 Posted by Robertej92 (9 posts) -

I'm pretty sure my dad actually plays more games than I do, and I play alot of video games. He completes games like Fallout 3, GTA San Andreas, Mass Effect 1/2 repeatedly, think he's completed Fallout 3 about 5 times now, San Andreas not far off that. And he's got a bunch of high level characters on WoW, level 85 being one of them. He's been playing for about 8 months.

Machine.

#46 Posted by Robertej92 (9 posts) -

Oh yeah, he was big on all the RTS games like C&C, Warcraft II, plus turn based games like Civ years ago but doesn't play them anymore.

#47 Posted by gamefreak9 (2514 posts) -

My dad doesn't play, he used to rant about games, one day though i forced him to play through 5 min of portal, and once he got the concept he was like "not bad". And thats the last time he ever mentioned video games... been like 4 years and change? I think he has respect for it now. 

#48 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2031 posts) -

Well, my mom played a lot of Diablo back in the day, but she stopped playing until recently. She got to play Assassin's Creed 2, Arkham Asylum, Darksiders, and Infamous before I could because they were "her Christmas presents" and she's waiting to buy Brotherhood (which she'll probably get to play first, too :/ ). She's the best. 

Oh, and my dad plays a lot of multiplayer shooters. Way into the Medal of Honor series and played a lot of Black Ops and WoW last time I got to hang with him. 
#49 Posted by jelekeloy (451 posts) -

When I was like 5 I used to play Crash Bash with my dad on PS1.  That's all.

#50 Posted by NegativeCero (3052 posts) -

Your dad has played more Call of Duty than I have ever played by actually making it to prestige. My dad plays no games at all.