#1 Edited by serjizzalot (17 posts) -
2495408-9321353496-F2goe.jpg

I know ill probably get shit for getting a tattoo of a game that is only a few months old but I thought the character design of Elizabeth was very fascinating. The tattoo was based on unused early designs of Elizabeth seen in "The Art Of Bioshock Infinite" art book. The main focus of this tattoo was to bring out what makes a good tattoo and less of just copy and pasting some final art onto your body.

Just wanted to share it with y'all.

http://i.imgur.com/F2goeZn.jpg

#2 Edited by cheishxc (104 posts) -

Looks good!

#3 Posted by Synaptic (313 posts) -

I guess some people could give you shit, but I think it looks fantastic. Much more important than the overall idea is the quality, and you got a solid one. Plus I like that concept for Elizabeth, and I bet you most people won't immediately associated it with the game. It's just a good looking tat.

#4 Edited by serjizzalot (17 posts) -

Thanks for the feedback, guys. That is exactly what I thought of as well, @synaptic. I wanted it to be recognized more for being a piece of art that looks great more than being identified with a piece of pop culture.

#5 Posted by joshwent (2898 posts) -

In another dimension there's a duder with a forearm Elizabeth wearing a cage choker.

#7 Posted by VoshiNova (2179 posts) -

That's a really good artist, and I don't want to sound like a dick - but the eyebrows could use another pass imo.

Either way cool tat man

#8 Edited by Morien (189 posts) -

That hand looks alien, but the rest is good. Thanks for sharing.

#9 Edited by Brackynews (4366 posts) -

Very cool interpretation! Can we give you shit about your username instead? ;)

Welcome to Giant Bomb.

#10 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2038 posts) -

I dig it

#11 Posted by Disaya (294 posts) -

It came out really well, looks cool. Also I want that art book so bad.

#12 Edited by Sploder (918 posts) -

Lovely piece of work, even taken on its own merits and not as a piece of pop culture. Excellent placement, too.

#13 Edited by cloudnineboya (990 posts) -

you are stupid really stupid you should of picked the bird cage now you are fucked and stuck in another dimension,good luck with that.

#14 Posted by RawknRo11a (559 posts) -

I like it. the only problem I have with game related tattoo's are when people get the logo of a damn game tattooed on them. it's a fine like and this works.

#15 Posted by serjizzalot (17 posts) -

@morien said:

That hand looks alien, but the rest is good. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for pointing that out, M8. Good eye. Ill have the artist do a touch up on the fingers.

#16 Posted by AgnosticJesus (547 posts) -

Should have gotten a Miss Elizabeth tattoo instead.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
#17 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (5420 posts) -

Cage

#18 Posted by JouselDelka (980 posts) -

You're free to do with your body what you please as long as it's not smelly or offensive for people around you, really.

It looks cool congratz. (Not necessarily my actual opinion but the ink is on the skin so let's give some compliments and not be scrutinizing for no reason).

#19 Edited by Rebel_Scum (1113 posts) -

I was getting ready to shit all over this but it looks good. I see you went with the bird eh.

@agnosticjesus When I first read the first three words that was what I thought it was gonna be. Oooooh yeeeeaaaahhh!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
#20 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (6582 posts) -

There's always a Man, an Arm and a Tattoo.

Looks good.

#21 Posted by Korolev (1800 posts) -

Not bad at all. Looks similar to the artwork you based the design on. I wonder why you went with that, rather than how the character looks in game - but hey, if that's the design that you like, then it's cool.

#22 Posted by serjizzalot (17 posts) -

Very cool interpretation! Can we give you shit about your username instead? ;)

Welcome to Giant Bomb.

Come at me. Duder! It seriously is a dumb username. It was a nickname given to me in high school 6 years ago and I have always used it since then. also, thanks for the welcoming.

#23 Posted by Barrock (3861 posts) -

That's fantastic. Maybe even better than the actual drawing.

#24 Edited by Red12b (9351 posts) -

nice shading, fantastic use of blue

#25 Posted by Alekss (357 posts) -

A few years from now no one will give a flying fuck about Bioshock, but you will always have that.

#26 Posted by Fallen189 (5453 posts) -

Oh dear

Avatar image for machofantastico
#27 Posted by MachoFantastico (6056 posts) -

Usually don't care for tattoos but I do love the design of Elizabeth. Nice one.

#28 Edited by TangoUp (327 posts) -

No cleavage? That's not Elizabeth.

#29 Posted by SamFo (1646 posts) -

@serjizzalot:

strange question - is your girlfriend/wife cool with you having another girl on your body?

#30 Edited by Brackynews (4366 posts) -

@serjizzalot: In that case you have my sympathies and have suffered enough. :) My only highschool nickname was Sonic.

#31 Posted by serjizzalot (17 posts) -

@samfo: it would be a lot stranger if she did have a problem with me having fictional women tattooed on my arms. Valid question though.

#32 Posted by serjizzalot (17 posts) -

@alekss said:

A few years from now no one will give a flying fuck about Bioshock, but you will always have that.

I did not get this tattoo because others cared for the game. I am aware that things come and go and that this tattoo is forever. who knows, Bioshock may no longer be relevant in a couple of months but at least I still have a good looking piece of art that I enjoy looking at everyday.

#33 Edited by rittsy (97 posts) -

If it were master chief, or your gamer tag or something I'd think you were a nob...but right now you have an awesome tattoo from an awesome game...in a couple years time when everybody forgets, you'll have an awesome tattoo which could easily be based on an early 20th century portrait.

#34 Posted by Legion_ (1718 posts) -

Wait, that's not Elizabeth.

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
#35 Edited by The_Last_Starfighter (369 posts) -

I think video game tattoos are cheesy as hell, that being said I would say it looks great FOR a video game tattoo but I think you lucked out with this one, it's just a solid piece all around, video game or not.

Tell your boy(girl?) he does good fuckin' work. Nice one.

#36 Edited by Nilazz (799 posts) -

Looks great!

#37 Posted by Z3RO37 (3 posts) -

It's gorgeous!! Can you tell me the name of the artist/shop where you got it, and your name as well? I moderate a Facebook page called Video Game Tattoos and I would love to feature this great piece of art!

Thanks for your time,

Jesse Thompson, VGT

#38 Posted by TheHT (13811 posts) -

Wow, that is not what I was expecting. Looks pretty cool!

#39 Edited by handlas (3106 posts) -

Looks cool whether you knew what it was from or not. Her fingers bother me a little... the way they overlap... but that's about it. I like when they do the white highlights.