My favorite martial art movies.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By teh_destroyer

These are a list of some of my favorite Martial Art movies, you can post yours too, because, I am always up for a good martial arts movie.

No Caption Provided
This is probably my favorite martial arts movie, you may or may not have heard of it as it got a small release. But it is one hell of a wild ride,and takes a few surprising turns along the way.

No Caption Provided
Unleashed comes in 2nd,  with a strong cast, bone crushing fight scenes, and a fantastic performance deliverd by Jet Li. I fell in love with it quickly.

No Caption Provided
Rush Hour 2 shows up in third for me, I enjoy the blend of comedy and action and Chris Tucker singing at the Kareoke Bar. Rarely do sequels end up better than the origanal, but this one did.

Those are my top 3, enjoy or hate. Your call, lol.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By teh_destroyer

These are a list of some of my favorite Martial Art movies, you can post yours too, because, I am always up for a good martial arts movie.

No Caption Provided
This is probably my favorite martial arts movie, you may or may not have heard of it as it got a small release. But it is one hell of a wild ride,and takes a few surprising turns along the way.

No Caption Provided
Unleashed comes in 2nd,  with a strong cast, bone crushing fight scenes, and a fantastic performance deliverd by Jet Li. I fell in love with it quickly.

No Caption Provided
Rush Hour 2 shows up in third for me, I enjoy the blend of comedy and action and Chris Tucker singing at the Kareoke Bar. Rarely do sequels end up better than the origanal, but this one did.

Those are my top 3, enjoy or hate. Your call, lol.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

I don't see Shaolin Soccer on there...

You've got some alright choices on there. I haven't seen Brotherhood of the Wolf so I can't say anything about that, but the other two weren't particularly fantastic. I would say that Legend of the Drunken Master is up there along with Fist of Legend for me.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By penguindust

Also, the recent Forbidden Kingdom movie starring Jackie Chan & Jet Li turned out to be a surprisingly good film, in my book.  Of course, I also enjoyed Hero, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and House of the Flying Daggers, but those are pretty well known.  Volcano High was a Korean martial art movie that was dubbed by a bunch of rap/hip hop artist and turned out pretty good. And Gen-X Cops was a crime drama with superpowers that was worth seeing.  Legend of the Shadowless Sword and Shinobi Heart Under Blade were also very good flicks that I remember renting from Netflix.  I strongly recommend seeing those two if you haven't.
Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Pinkshley1

I like:

Fist of Fury
Kung Fu Hustle
Enter The Dragon
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Black_Rose

I love the Rush Hour movies, they're awesome. The list needs more Shinobi: Heart Under Blade, House of Flying Daggers, Drunken Master II and Enter the Dragon, but it's good.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By TheHBK

Better List
Bloodsport: Before UFC, you have the kumite tournament, oh man, love this movie
Kickboxer: a movie that shows badass training and love for a brother and chick that gets raped
Fearless:  this one was really deep and about more than just martial arts

Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Brotherhood of the Wolf is pretty awesome though I don't agree with your other choices. Personally I really like Return of the Dragon, Ong Bak, The Protector and Crouching Tiger  Hidden Dragon.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Oriental_Jams

No Kung Fu Hustle, no Shaolin Soccer. Have you not seen them or do you just ignore their brilliance?

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By eclipsesis

Legend: with jet li in it, 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By oldschool

Enter The Dragon.

Thread closed.
gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By gla55jAw

Way of the Dragon (my fav Bruce Lee film)
Kung Fu Hustle
Hero (Jet Li)
Enter The Dragon

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Nasar7

Everyone has great picks. I love old-school kung fu movies, anyone here seen Shaolin Challenges Ninja? Just the title is awesome.

Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jiggah

The last good martial arts movie I saw was Ip Man with Donnie Yen.  I think all the choreography for the fight scenes were done by Sammo Hung.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By teh_destroyer
@Dr_Feelgood38 said:
" I don't see Shaolin Soccer on there...You've got some alright choices on there. I haven't seen Brotherhood of the Wolf so I can't say anything about that, but the other two weren't particularly fantastic. I would say that Legend of the Drunken Master is up there along with Fist of Legend for me. "
I have both Shaolone Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle on dvd, while they are both good movies, not in my top 3.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Fallen189
@oldschool said:
" Enter The Dragon.

Thread closed.
"

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ArchScabby
@teh_destroyer said:
" @Dr_Feelgood38 said:
" I don't see Shaolin Soccer on there...You've got some alright choices on there. I haven't seen Brotherhood of the Wolf so I can't say anything about that, but the other two weren't particularly fantastic. I would say that Legend of the Drunken Master is up there along with Fist of Legend for me. "
I have both Shaolone Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle on dvd, while they are both good movies, not in my top 3.
"
Stephen Chow is a genius.  I don't even like soccer and I love Shaolin Soccer.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By teh_destroyer
@Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 said:
" Brotherhood of the Wolf is pretty awesome though I don't agree with your other choices. Personally I really like Return of the Dragon, Ong Bak, The Protector and Crouching Tiger  Hidden Dragon. "
Return of the Dragon is alright in my book, but the other two not so much.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ArchScabby
@teh_destroyer said:
" @Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 said:
" Brotherhood of the Wolf is pretty awesome though I don't agree with your other choices. Personally I really like Return of the Dragon, Ong Bak, The Protector and Crouching Tiger  Hidden Dragon. "
"
hey man, don't diss Ong Bak or Tony Jaa will double knee you through the floor.  You're probably right about The Protector though, that movies wasn't as good.  I liked the part where he climbed that resteraunt building though, how it was all filmed in one shot.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By teh_destroyer
@ArchScabby said:
" @teh_destroyer said:
" @Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 said:
"
hey man, don't diss Ong Bak or Tony Jaa will double knee you through the floor.  You're probably right about The Protector though, that movies wasn't as good.  I liked the part where he climbed that resteraunt building though, how it was all filmed in one shot. "
His first movie just didn't impress me so much, so I didn't bother with his second release :(.
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By auspiciousqueue
Fist of Legend
Once Upon a Time in China 1 and 2
Police Story
Ong-bak
Enter the Dragon
Hero
Seven Swords
Black Mask 
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#21  Edited By Vinchenzo
  • Police Story
  • Kung Fu Hustle
  • Rumble in the Bronx
  • Anything Jackie Chan does, honestly. (Except Tuxedo I suppose.)

Again, Jackie Chan is probably the best when it comes to martial arts. His style is just amazing and I've always loved the bloopers during the credits.
JoblessTerence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By JoblessTerence
  • The Big Boss (Fists of Fury)
  • Enter the Dragon
  • Bloodsport (AKA UFC Beta)
  • Rush Hour 1/2