My most anticipated games of 2011.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By MooseyMcMan

Feeling kinda bored, so here's a bunch of games I'm looking forward to this year. You know, obligatory beginning of the year type o' thing. I just waited longer. Also, these aren't in any specific order, just writing them down as I think of them.  

Mass Effect 3

On the one hand, I'm a little worried about this game, since ME2 came last year, and based on a lot of comments made by EA over the course of last year, but ME1 and ME2 are pretty great, so I'm expecting greatness yet again. I'm just hoping they don't streamline the RPG and inventory elements yet again, because the power upgrading, lack of loot, and mining where my least favorite aspects of ME2. But frankly, so long as the story is good, and if decisions from the first two games actually matter (which they didn't really seem to much in ME2), then I'm cool with it.  

Uncharted 3

Pretty much the same here as with ME3, the first two were awesome, so I'm expecting more awesomeness. I just hope there's more Sully than in the first two (and what they've shown so far seems to indicate that). Not much else to say about it. 

Batman Arkham City

To be honest, I'm worried about this game. Sure, the first one was pretty great, but was it being good merely luck? Can they capture the magic a second time? Hopefully, but I'm not sold yet. Not until I see some more of it. And hopefully they'll get rid of the run button. Seriously, Batman needs to hold a button to run? LAME! 

Deus EX: Human Revolution

I'm not going to lie, I've never played a Deus Ex game. But this one looks pretty awesome. I mean, you play as a guy who always wears shades, has robot arms, sounds kinda like Christian Bale, and the game is a mix of stealth, action, and dialog trees. That, and the developers' promises of "five ways to do everything" and being able to beat the whole game without killing anyone have me hopeful.  

LittleBigPlanet 2

I know this one is just around the corner, but I probably won't get around to this for a while (you know, college). But I already have an idea for a level that is completely crazy that I'd like to make, so that's cool. 

Dead Space 2

More Dead Space. Seems cool. Not sure about making Isaac a not-silent hero after he was silent in the first one, but that's not pertinent to the gameplay. I also don't like the look of the new suit for Isaac, but based on the demo I don't think you need to use that, so again, not pertinent to the gameplay. 

Killzone 3

I probably won't pick this one up until a while after release, but Killzone 2 was a blast, and this one is looking pretty slick.  

Resistance 3

Resistance 1 was a pretty awesome launch title for the PS3. But I felt that the second one fell flat in most ways. But the fact that the VGA trailer for this game was mostly gameplay/in-engine (unlike the other ones), and based on what the developers' have said, it looks like they've learned from R2, and this one will be great.  

Gears of War 3

While I loved Gears 1, and loved Gears 2 even more than the first, I haven't been impressed by what I've seen so far. Tentacle monsters? Lady fighters? Sleeveless Marcus? Regular-ass bayonet? Sawed-off shotgun? Call me sexist, supporter of sleeves, and hater of change, but these things have me worried about the game. Hopefully the gameplay will be solid. 

Okamiden

You know, the DS sequel to Okami. Looks neat. Loved Okami, this one looks pretty good. Stylus should go well with painting.  

Crysis 2

Didn't play the first one (cause my PC don't play games), but I might pick this up on console.  

Rage

I have doubts about this game ever actually coming out, but it could be amazing if it does. Like Fallout, but with combat that isn't bad. 

Various 3DS Games.

I'm really excited about the 3DS. Trouble is, so far as I know, Nintendo has said NOTHING about bringing that stuff over to the US. I ain't importing one (I don't know Japanese), so I'm at the mercy of Nintendo of America. But there are several games for it that I want (MGS3DS and Paper Mario come to mind), but I can't really say anything definite until something official is announced.  

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

First one was really great. Like with other sequels on this list, I have little else to say. 

LA Noire.

Now, I'm not sold on this supposedly revolutionary facial capture technology used in the game (mainly because the faces don't look detailed enough to back up the animations), but open world RockStar games are usually pretty great, so I have high hopes. Don't fail me now RockStar! 

Based on a list of releases for 2011 that I found, I think those are all the games I'm looking forward to. I dunno, probably some other stuff, feel free to leave suggestions, or games you, the humble reader, are looking forward to.
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Feeling kinda bored, so here's a bunch of games I'm looking forward to this year. You know, obligatory beginning of the year type o' thing. I just waited longer. Also, these aren't in any specific order, just writing them down as I think of them.  

Mass Effect 3

On the one hand, I'm a little worried about this game, since ME2 came last year, and based on a lot of comments made by EA over the course of last year, but ME1 and ME2 are pretty great, so I'm expecting greatness yet again. I'm just hoping they don't streamline the RPG and inventory elements yet again, because the power upgrading, lack of loot, and mining where my least favorite aspects of ME2. But frankly, so long as the story is good, and if decisions from the first two games actually matter (which they didn't really seem to much in ME2), then I'm cool with it.  

Uncharted 3

Pretty much the same here as with ME3, the first two were awesome, so I'm expecting more awesomeness. I just hope there's more Sully than in the first two (and what they've shown so far seems to indicate that). Not much else to say about it. 

Batman Arkham City

To be honest, I'm worried about this game. Sure, the first one was pretty great, but was it being good merely luck? Can they capture the magic a second time? Hopefully, but I'm not sold yet. Not until I see some more of it. And hopefully they'll get rid of the run button. Seriously, Batman needs to hold a button to run? LAME! 

Deus EX: Human Revolution

I'm not going to lie, I've never played a Deus Ex game. But this one looks pretty awesome. I mean, you play as a guy who always wears shades, has robot arms, sounds kinda like Christian Bale, and the game is a mix of stealth, action, and dialog trees. That, and the developers' promises of "five ways to do everything" and being able to beat the whole game without killing anyone have me hopeful.  

LittleBigPlanet 2

I know this one is just around the corner, but I probably won't get around to this for a while (you know, college). But I already have an idea for a level that is completely crazy that I'd like to make, so that's cool. 

Dead Space 2

More Dead Space. Seems cool. Not sure about making Isaac a not-silent hero after he was silent in the first one, but that's not pertinent to the gameplay. I also don't like the look of the new suit for Isaac, but based on the demo I don't think you need to use that, so again, not pertinent to the gameplay. 

Killzone 3

I probably won't pick this one up until a while after release, but Killzone 2 was a blast, and this one is looking pretty slick.  

Resistance 3

Resistance 1 was a pretty awesome launch title for the PS3. But I felt that the second one fell flat in most ways. But the fact that the VGA trailer for this game was mostly gameplay/in-engine (unlike the other ones), and based on what the developers' have said, it looks like they've learned from R2, and this one will be great.  

Gears of War 3

While I loved Gears 1, and loved Gears 2 even more than the first, I haven't been impressed by what I've seen so far. Tentacle monsters? Lady fighters? Sleeveless Marcus? Regular-ass bayonet? Sawed-off shotgun? Call me sexist, supporter of sleeves, and hater of change, but these things have me worried about the game. Hopefully the gameplay will be solid. 

Okamiden

You know, the DS sequel to Okami. Looks neat. Loved Okami, this one looks pretty good. Stylus should go well with painting.  

Crysis 2

Didn't play the first one (cause my PC don't play games), but I might pick this up on console.  

Rage

I have doubts about this game ever actually coming out, but it could be amazing if it does. Like Fallout, but with combat that isn't bad. 

Various 3DS Games.

I'm really excited about the 3DS. Trouble is, so far as I know, Nintendo has said NOTHING about bringing that stuff over to the US. I ain't importing one (I don't know Japanese), so I'm at the mercy of Nintendo of America. But there are several games for it that I want (MGS3DS and Paper Mario come to mind), but I can't really say anything definite until something official is announced.  

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

First one was really great. Like with other sequels on this list, I have little else to say. 

LA Noire.

Now, I'm not sold on this supposedly revolutionary facial capture technology used in the game (mainly because the faces don't look detailed enough to back up the animations), but open world RockStar games are usually pretty great, so I have high hopes. Don't fail me now RockStar! 

Based on a list of releases for 2011 that I found, I think those are all the games I'm looking forward to. I dunno, probably some other stuff, feel free to leave suggestions, or games you, the humble reader, are looking forward to.
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By zombie2011

Gears of War had some of the best enemies i've seen in a game, Gears 2 surpassed that so i have faith those tentacle monsters will be bad-ass in Gears 3. Also it feels like forever since i last played a Gears game so I'm so pumped for this, i really hope they bring back the Berserkers they were sorely missed in 2.

I'm excited for all the other 3's to except Resistance those games are boring to me.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By fjordson

Pretty good list. I'm insanely hyped for LA Noire. Can't wait to play that. Also really excited for Rage, Skyrim and The Witcher 2.

Pelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Pelo

You worry too much;-)